Regarding Keno

Nisa

Nice find Lucky Cro.

But that information should be in the announcement, not just here.

Also, for clarification, prizes not won are doubled for next week, so 3 x "Some useless item" in week one, becomes 6 for week two, but does it become 9 or 12 for third week? :huh:

And can you send one ticket for both Keno 1 and Keno 2, or is two really needed?
Could easily be done like:

(title)
Keno - week 1

(main body)
Keno 1:
2 entries
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10

Keno 2:
1 entry

Sorry, you are correct. We were making changes and it seems we lost somehow that line about 4-10 rewards.

We are just adding prizes to the pool if there is no winner so it would be 3+3+3 etc OR if there is some other prize in week 4 it will be 3+3+3 + whatever prize in week 4. Number 1 prize doesnt have to be the same every week.

-you can send one ticket yes.

DeletedUser35520

although it is nice of the game peeps etc to put together something like this for the community, what really is the point? The lotto back in the day gave players the ability to get great items that had use and also the unobtainable items (outside of friendship rewards) for collectors... These prizes truthfully are not worth the time or effort. Many of the rewards are for the very few collectors left, who odds are already have or have had the items. Which makes the items either dust collectors or $100k cash on a good day/server... It feels like its just another thing like "hire an NPC" that will loose interest and end in a few months. I think in game events even if attendance is low are a better use of time, since at least they drum up some in game activity. Once again, it is nice to see something being done or tried, but this is an obsolete approach sadly

DeletedUser34295

Not directed at anyone personally:

Are people really so selfish that they forget that not every player is level 130+ and has all items that are available?

I get the feeling that the selection of players that are represented here on the forum all fall under the category previously mentioned because it's usually the same kind of arguments coming from them: it's nothing new, we need new endgame, we already have everything, and so on.

I for one is nothing of those. I'm level 59, have decent items but FAR from all the items, and I really like the idea of having a lotto where I can win some fancy stuff for myself. It's unfortunate that the event is only announced here on the forum, because the real target group doesn't appear to be here.

But even so, it's not very nice of everyone to constantly complain when the staff are trying to put something together. Yes, of course we should all be able to say our thoughts on what the staff is doing, but I feel like there's a general cloud of negativity constantly sprouting from this community towards the staff and any attempts, and it makes me a bit sad. To be honest, it's probably one of the things that keep new players away also, because it's not fun to come to these forums and try to be active with the current spirit going on here.

Nisa

although it is nice of the game peeps etc to put together something like this for the community, what really is the point? The lotto back in the day gave players the ability to get great items that had use and also the unobtainable items (outside of friendship rewards) for collectors... These prizes truthfully are not worth the time or effort. Many of the rewards are for the very few collectors left, who odds are already have or have had the items. ....

I will take it you are talking in your own name and it means you got all items already I assume in a week or 2 by exchanging quickly rare items on market, or buying chests or whatever.

I personaly didn't rush for achievement points or were buying items and I am still missing some but was doing it slowly.

There will always be players like you and players like me and lets not forget new players.

About the prizes.. you can hardly talk about prizes in Week 1 of Keno. Players didn't see what is going to be offered yet.

One thing they could have notice is a chance to get a premium medal which was only obtainable in tombola or fair. I bet good amputn of players would pay $10k for premium medal.

Thank you for your feedback RickTractorBolturd and you can always help us by donating some rare item to us and we can give it as a prize .

DeletedUser35520

I will take it you are talking in your own name and it means you got all items already I assume in a week or 2 by exchanging quickly rare items on market, or buying chests or whatever.

I personaly didn't rush for achievement points or were buying items and I am still missing some but was doing it slowly.

There will always be players like you and players like me and lets not forget new players.

About the prizes.. you can hardly talk about prizes in Week 1 of Keno. Players didn't see what is going to be offered yet.

One thing they could have notice is a chance to get a premium medal which was only obtainable in tombola or fair. I bet good amputn of players would pay $10k for premium medal.

Thank you for your feedback RickTractorBolturd and you can always help us by donating some rare item to us and we can give it as a prize .

how can i not talk about prizes when they are listed here? Shop items and named items that have no value beyond collectors (as previously mentioned so not sure why the need to hit me back with the "i don't have the achievement" when I already acknowledged that fact): https://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=745492#post745492

And if my input is seen as negativity, so be it, but as I mentioned I like when things are offered to the community. It does take a lot of extra work, but this is a lotto clone and not much different from the NPC hire, both of which had great initial interest and died out. What is going to make this any different? I would much rather see any sort of activity in game player event since this game is struggling even if people want to turn a blind eye to it.

As for donating items... why should i give more? Check my cash from this time last year on Dakota and El D and look at it now. I have given away millions in cash plus items all while truthfully the game play continues to nose dive and I see alts being created to gain items for free. Both of which are fine and my activity and spending have adjusted to, but surely you cannot expect the players to pick up the slack for.

Nisa

how can i not talk about prizes when they are listed here? Shop items and named items that have no value beyond collectors (as previously mentioned so not sure why the need to hit me back with the "i don't have the achievement" when I already acknowledged that fact): https://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=745492#post745492

And if my input is seen as negativity, so be it, but as I mentioned I like when things are offered to the community. It does take a lot of extra work, but this is a lotto clone and not much different from the NPC hire, both of which had great initial interest and died out. What is going to make this any different? I would much rather see any sort of activity in game player event since this game is struggling even if people want to turn a blind eye to it.

As for donating items... why should i give more? Check my cash from this time last year on Dakota and El D and look at it now. I have given away millions in cash plus items all while truthfully the game play continues to nose dive and I see alts being created to gain items for free. Both of which are fine and my activity and spending have adjusted to, but surely you cannot expect the players to pick up the slack for.

What I meant is you can only see the prizes for first week, they are not the our best offer so I would say you can comment on prizes in general after few weeks. So yes if you dont like the prizes for this week you dont enter . It's simple.

I wouldnt say negative but there is not much encouraging either in your post. I am not sure what you think but we have limits on what we can offer to players in one event. We are the GM event team that is trying to bring some fun to everyday routine with option to get some prize.
No, we are not giving away huge amount of cash like some players do in game, we are not giving big amounts of rare items to players for nothing, we are not allowed to do that.

As we always say if you have some suggestion about what kind of event or fun you would like to see in game, just contact us and we will see if we can make it possible.

DeletedUser35120

What I meant is you can only see the prizes for first week, they are not the our best offer so I would say you can comment on prizes in general after few weeks. So yes if you dont like the prizes for this week you dont enter . It's simple.

I wouldnt say negative but there is not much encouraging either in your post. I am not sure what you think but we have limits on what we can offer to players in one event. We are the GM event team that is trying to bring some fun to everyday routine with option to get some prize.
No, we are not giving away huge amount of cash like some players do in game, we are not giving big amounts of rare items to players for nothing, we are not allowed to do that.

As we always say if you have some suggestion about what kind of event or fun you would like to see in game, just contact us and we will see if we can make it possible.

What Rick meant is that you guys are trying that is fine.. but this approach is not the best. Something is better than nothing, but he expects better than just... something.

If you can handle the praise, you have to handle the criticism too I suppose. People have their views..

As for myself, I don't expect much from the game anymore, so I'm ok with this "something". :) I appreciate you guys are trying.

As for ideas... here's a simple idea. Bring the pirate event event back. Do a pirate event each month one world at a time. Pirate event in w11 in Jan, Pirate event in w12, in Feb, Pirate event in w13 in March, and so on. If you don't get enough participants.. move on to the next world. If you can't do it every month, take 2 months. But still - that's more fun.

Just my 2 cents.

Nisa

Thanks for your input Anny. Sure we can handle the criticism, what I said was we have all kinds of players here with different wishes and ways of playing.

You just proved it :) we came up with Keno cause we had players asking for that type of the event. And we will surely come back with pirate event too so we can please most of the players, but it's hard to run more events at once, gotta pick one at a time and most likely rotate them after some time.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35520

the encouraging part of my post is acknowledging you guys are trying to make the player experience better. that takes a lot of time and effort and should not be forgotten or lost in anyone's post. but the main reason the lottery worked before was timing. the game has changed and for multiple reasons the experience of it or anything similar will not be as good. As mentioned, you guys are limited in what you can offer as prizes, the prizes you can have less value due to being obsolete from tombolas and less value to to many no longer collecting or just saving cash to buy tombola gear from the market. Although some will participate and enjoy it, I just think it has a very limited run, like the Hire NPC feature.

If you want me to give examples of things that would inspire game activity... Speed world concepts appear to have been ditched like adventures, both despite mentions of "more to come". Although I would rather see activity on current servers, at least Speed world offered a variation. cannot we not have a FF across world version of that? Sign ups, clone characters to a new world and have a tourney?

For current worlds, do something easy. Pirate events requires a lot of work from you all. So grab some of the national belts from the shop and have a boxing challenge weekend. Strap a light (50 or lower game level), middle (100 or lower), and heavyweight (101 and above) belt on 3 NPC's and have players challenge using only fists. Make them damage, accuracy, and combo of both. then then first player who beats the champ in their level has the belt attached to them and can be challenged by players. winner each time gets the belt and the players holding the belts at the end of the contest get 25/50/100 nuggets or bonds of 250/500/1k. Want variation, two weeks later, same thing but with wrestling concept. Allow bats, brass knuckles, bottles, just melee weapons to be used... It changes nothing about the core game, but is an event that players can participate in if they so choose. mainly it offers variety

Nisa

Now we are talking and thanks for this constructive post.

I can't talk about Speed world because it is INNO project , can only comment as a player and I have to say there were things I didn't like. Starting from group of players that wanted to organize fort battles and alliances like in normal worlds and were insulting others if they didnt 'help' with products for building forts ..to those that had 'helpers' and bunch of friends farming for them . But in general I liked Speed world too.

So let's hope INNO has a new project for us and surprises us ;)

Thanks for your suggestion and I do hope you understand it would atract only certain group of players again( like every event has it's own fans ) but I can promise you GM team will discuss it.

DeletedUser35120

I was wondering about prize system btw. Took a careful look at the prizes just now.. I see Precise Single Shot rifle x 3 on offer there as first prize, Yuma x 3 as 2nd prize.. and Brew Honey Wine as 3rd prize. While the prizes 4-10 are some rare items.

Now going by value of these prizes.. 3x precise single shot rifle is worth 95k or so. 3x yuma is 55.5 k, Honey Wine recipe.. somewhere around a million at the moment. The 4-10 prizes can fetch anything between a 100 and 150k with ease. So as we can see the 1st and 2nd place prizes are not worth as much as the rest of the prizes and lower ranks. Isn't that opposite of what it's supposed to be? I know week 1 and 2 are on a trial run.. but just saying.

Nisa

I was wondering about prize system btw. Took a careful look at the prizes just now.. I see Precise Single Shot rifle x 3 on offer there as first prize, Yuma x 3 as 2nd prize.. and Brew Honey Wine as 3rd prize. While the prizes 4-10 are some rare items.

Now going by value of these prizes.. 3x precise single shot rifle is worth 95k or so. 3x yuma is 55.5 k, Honey Wine recipe.. somewhere around a million at the moment. The 4-10 prizes can fetch anything between a 100 and 150k with ease. So as we can see the 1st and 2nd place prizes are not worth as much as the rest of the prizes and lower ranks. Isn't that opposite of what it's supposed to be? I know week 1 and 2 are on a trial run.. but just saying.

I dont think you can value the prizes by their real cost in shop or market.

Precise single shot rifle is the best gun since we got the upgrade feature. I do believe many players are looking for that rifle more than for some neckband that costs more in shop but only one is needed ( or not ).

Since prize 1 and 2 are harder to get and prize pool will get bigger, so one lucky player ( or more ) will get nice bundle of Precise shot rifles + other prizes in the end of week 4 , unless someone gets it sooner.

Prize 3 is easier to get since only 3 numbers are needed and reward is already valuable so placing such valuable prize under 1st category plus eventual other weeks prizes would be too much.

DeletedUser36979

Value by prize? No... by availability, first and second prize are both available from shops, while third prize only is available from a few jobs, and only when running premium income.

If I had a choice, give me third prize, even if I get more than 3 correct numbers :p Then I can either use it, or sell it, and buy 9 rifles and horses for the moeny I get, and put the rest in the bank.

DeletedUser35120

What Anzian said sums it up really... I don't know what kind of logic is in this where 3rd prize i better than 1st or 2nd prize and the 4-10 are better than the 1st and 2nd prize. And no, it doesn't depend on person.. everyone who has seen the prizes carefully feels the same.

Shop items are just shop items. They are widely available anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

Value by prize? No... by availability, first and second prize are both available from shops, while third prize only is available from a few jobs, and only when running premium income.

If I had a choice, give me third prize, even if I get more than 3 correct numbers :p Then I can either use it, or sell it, and buy 9 rifles and horses for the moeny I get, and put the rest in the bank.

Ladies and gentlemen,
The end is near... It's official - hell has frozen over! That's the only way how I can explain the fact that I agree with Anzian! :) :blink: :laugh:

EDIT: Not only this - I won the brew honey wine recipe in Keno?! Something bad will happen soon, all this can't be a coincidence! :D

Last edited:

Nisa

Ok , if I got it right you want me to move recipe to 1st prize so less players can get one?

Grats PankreasPorfavor !

DeletedUser35120

Ok , if I got it right you want me to move recipe to 1st prize so less players can get one?

Can be either way. There are two options, one.. which you said, and two.. make better prizes available for 1st and 2nd place. Not Shop Items. Please. In fact shop items shouldn't even be in a lotto imo. Lotto is where you pay little and win big. This is like pay little and get equal amount of stuff. Why would anyone play the lotto anyway then?

10 donkeys in Keno 2 cracks me up, The lotto which we used to have years ago was wayyyy better.

DeletedUser37709

So is the event inter-world? i.e The prizes are chosen from all the entries in every world?
Did not expect that.
That brings a question tho.
The Keno 2 is limited to one entry per player. So that means if one enters from say w16, he/she cannot enter from w19?

DeletedUser35120

Obviously it's inter-world.

It's limited to one entry per player per world. While you enter from w16, you can also enter from w19. You get the prize delivered to whichever toon you played with and won. Both entries are separate.