Reduced Bank Fees in Alliance Towns

Apelatia

Proposal
To reduce banking fees for alliance members in other alliance towns.

Current Workaround
At the moment the only way to work around this annoyance are to either not be a member of a town at all.

Details
Those of us who play in alliances in this game have, for a long time, had to put up with banking fees in alliance towns being the same as those of a non-alliance town. Now, I know that probably one of the best ways to arrange marketing deals is with alliance members, since you share a chat with them, and are able to communicate with them more effectively than someone who you don't share a chat with. So, you are doing a deal at your fellow alliance member's home town, and have just picked up the money from your sale. But, you don't want to have to pay the 20% fee that comes from depositing your money in your friend's town bank. So, you have to walk/ride all the way back to your home town to deposit your cash, and in the meanwhile, hope that you aren't dueled along the way! So, I am proposing that the fee for alliance towns be reduced to 10%. You may ask me why 10%? I chose a 10% fee, because it isn't as good as your own home town, but at the same time isn't such a scary number to look at, like 20% is.

Abuse Prevention
I can't see any loopholes in this proposal.

Visual Aids
I don't believe a visual aid is needed.

Summary
I believe that this idea would benefit both Innogames and the player community on this game. Innogames will benefit from the increased incentive to be in an alliance, which ultimately leads to more players enjoying their time on this game, and more long term players, which might be premium ones. The player community on The West would benefit from the decrease in the fee by feeling more able to trade with other players their friends' alliance towns. If this idea were implemented, I'm sure many players would be much happier as a result of it. After all, the more players that are happy, the more that stay to play for a longer period!!! :cool:

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes, but that's for you to judge!
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes - But it went into no depth at all, and was posted two years ago.

Happy discussing,

~Apel~

DeletedUser

Pass. The idea would most benefit alliances who have no standards in recruiting and there should be no advantage in being in a 200-town alliance with 300 players.

Ripwise

I am against because it breaks the spirit of wild west. Being reckless in wild west costed you either money or life and thats why cowboys keept money hiden or in their bank of choice which would mean your native towns bank!

DeletedUser24736

role-play aside, you have to look at it from a practical, game mechanics point of view. what are the pro and con outcomes of this change? who benefits, who doesn't, and why?

DeletedUser

Like the idea, I didn't know anything about being able to deposit your cash in alliance town's banks till now. But I had the same idea in my mind. I think the fees should depend on many thing:

(1) How much you want to deposit: More cash deposit less percent fees.
(2) How far the distance is to your town: More distance more percent.
(3) Your character: Duellers pays more and soldiers and adventures less and poor workers least.
(4) Even how much did you use depositing in alliance banks could be a factor :p

DeletedUser30224

DashAkol, that is almost a different idea of it's own. If you want to have a stab at it, then make a new thread proposing to change the way the fees are calculated. However please express your opinion on this thread as well in a way that you agree or disagree, or propose a slight change, not almost completely different idea on it's own :0 that derails the thread a bit. But I like what you said.

DeletedUser

DashAkol, that is almost a different idea of it's own. If you want to have a stab at it, then make a new thread proposing to change the way the fees are calculated. However please express your opinion on this thread as well in a way that you agree or disagree, or propose a slight change, not almost completely different idea on it's own :0 that derails the thread a bit. But I like what you said.

I thought we can discuss about the idea to make a perfection, but it seems that not the case.

Anyway I like the idea: thumb up

DeletedUser30224

If you look at all the threads in this section, if somebody suggests too many and too radical changes to the original Idea, the following people will agree or disagree, comment on the latest post and deviate from the original idea leading it to stall indefinitely.

Of course you are allowed to propose changes and no-one will stop you from doing so, I was just trying to give you advice in hope to not stall this idea as well :) So please do not take it as if I was scolding you, you were and are well in your rights to discuss any improvements you might have.

DeletedUser

I don't pass this idea. As elmyr said, it helps alliances who just recruit left right and center. Also, it's never been a huge issue, just deposit the cash in your town, don't walk around with heaps of money or nugget it to the bank!

DeletedUser

I also don't think any amount of bank fees bothers any of us who remember when there were no fees, you could only deposit at your own town, and the most you could have in the bank was $12k.

DeletedUser29147

I don't like it either, mostly because it would take the fun out of trying to dodge duels just so you won't get robbed, but also because it wouldn't be solving any real problem. The banking system is already generous enough as it is.

DeletedUser34767

Pass as well. I don't find the 20% charge for using foreign banks to be burdensome. I usually can plan ahead for when I am going to get a large amount of cash coming in and make sure I'm at my town or have some expensive item I want in the wandering trader to buy.

Pass. The idea would most benefit alliances who have no standards in recruiting and there should be no advantage in being in a 200-town alliance with 300 players.

With the new 2.0 map and travel times I don't think the size of the alliance makes much difference. If you stick towns at the corners ( where 4 counties come together ) on the map you could cover the map with short travel times with only a few towns.

I don't see it getting implemented if it does pass as there is a nugget option to bank from anywhere and it would most likely would be used less if this passes.

DeletedUser

With the new 2.0 map and travel times I don't think the size of the alliance makes much difference. If you stick towns at the corners ( where 4 counties come together ) on the map you could cover the map with short travel times with only a few towns.

Travel is time and time is money. You might as well call ground rocket turtle shell useless because the map is smaller. It's every bit as useful in 2.0 as it was with the old map.

I'd be more responsive to putting alliance banks in forts, require them to be built, and have deposit fees based on the bank level.