Recommended World(s) ?

Beefmeister

I just love how everyone is ignoring the collection of gear. So Dr Roth you'll just hand over a full set of Cortina if I play a tank on Colo and level quickly to 150? While you are at it can I easily purchase a Cortez set before that so I can church grind to 150? Yeah I didn't think so.

when i started on colorado in september 2018, i had no idea how to play this game. i was still dueling people to bully them. it took me 1 month to get to level 50 (you can check that)...i didn't know fort builds, how to level up, how to build church, whatever.

-in october, oktoberfest started and i got a dueling set, a set with labor points and xp bonus, and another thing, i don't remember what (those sets were not complete, i was missing a few items).
-i had at least 3 players helping me complete my sets.
-there was a player made event that i won and got a regen set - organized by cactus as far as i remember
-another player loaned me 500k, i learned how to resell stuff - cactus poke that is as well
-after that dotd came and i got a fair number of items for the fort gear - hoopsguy helped me complete the set

i suddenly had a dueling set, an upgraded fort set, a regen set, a speed set, 3m in my inventory, and a drop set. all in 2-3 months - a new player that is.
guess what happens on colorado at the moment? a player made event. what is the prize? fort gear [ cortina (lmao) mentioned as well ] . if i ask someone to loan me 500k, they will loan me 500k. if i ask someone for a rifle, they will probably hand me that rifle [townies, friends, even the randoms in saloon - not now though since i pissed off half the players on this game, and i can obtain it myself now. you get my point]

i'm sure you can do that even faster since you know how to play. and if people see you are motivated and friendly, they will help you 100%.

Last edited:

Poker Alice

@Beefmeister My experience was a little different than yours as a new member. After reading about your experience, thank you for sharing it, I'm wondering if in a player event the loan is extended for motivational reasons? Is it expected that the motivated player will also contribute? I'm not sure that has anything to do with being friendly though one thing might have something to do with the other - ie: comradeship.

I don't know what you did? You wrote "since i pissed off half the players on this game". I expect it had something to do with breaking member alliance rules. My experiences with other players have been both friendly and intolerant. On this forum for example I was declared mentally incompetent by raidertr because I dared to question or think differently than the Status Quo! I'm curious if you think some of the 100% friendly exchanges comes with conditions attached?

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

i'm sure you can do that even faster since you know how to play. and if people see you are motivated and friendly, they will help you 100%.
What if you already have paid for all of the gear but it's sitting on a world with no fort battles? Why should you have to take gear off of another potential player just to be competitive while all of that money goes to waste?

I'm wondering if in a player event the loan is extended for motivational reasons? Is it expected that the motivated player will also contribute?
Gearing up a new player does two things for you; allows that player to be competitive, because gear is all the matters, and encourages an environment of helping and taking care of your town/alliance mates, because that's the experience they had.
It's very common among "old school" players to sell any gear a town member needs at the sale price of the items. Slightly older items hold almost no value for being out of date and they would otherwise just rot in their inventories forever, so the chance to pass on gear is most welcome (and also why a lot of us want the option to "down-grade" items to pass on to a player that would find it useful).
Everything is to make the PvP better and more competitive, if you were a PvP-er in a good town, I'm sure you would find a similar experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beefmeister

What if you already have paid for all of the gear but it's sitting on a world with no fort battles? Why should you have to take gear off of another potential player just to be competitive while all of that money goes to waste?

i'm a realistic guy, i work with what i have. players are the only thing that keep this game alive since the company stopped giving a **** about it a long, long time ago.

this topic is 1 year old. how long have you been asking for migrations on idaho..2 years?
how many worlds have decent fort battles at the moment? none. most of them don't even have them anymore, long standing ones, like arizona
do they care? no way

i never thought i'm gonna say it...but i liked the game better when attacks were winning everything. and that was very bad. imagine how much worse it is now

you know those things...changing recommended worlds, getting griefers banned, simple pvp events like gm digs, boosting fort rewards, releasing balanced sets, loyalty rewards, migration, nerfing fort sets, changing tower values, TESTING AN ACTUAL ENJOYABLE WAY TO PLAY FORTS. and many more things that can be done by ordinary people...not devs. you don't need to hire people for those things to happen.

by now i'm just tired of it...they will never do the right thing. it's just how it is

Last edited:

Joe Kidd

Ok, so what if, by principle, you don't like taking handouts and want to earn what you have. There are a lot of folks out there that do indeed "give" gear or money, and that's great. I say more power to those players, if they are earnestly being philanthropic. However, one can't help but feel beholden to said person and by extension their side/team/alliance/town what have you. Also, a lot and I mean a lot high level folks seem to be generous but turn on a dime to cast aspersions of theft or wrongdoing if the beneficiary leaves town or some other political issue comes up.

I get the other side of the coin, but none of this preempts the idea than there are people stuck on worlds like Houston that have gotten to level 150 and collected a lot of gear and achievements on their own without help. Why is it ok to dismiss those players and say "Buck up little camper, and start over". Sorry, to me that sounds more like a passive marketing scheme and at worst a ponzi scheme that keeps the nugget purchases flowing.

DeletedUser15368

Ok, so what if, by principle, you don't like taking handouts and want to earn what you have. There are a lot of folks out there that do indeed "give" gear or money, and that's great. I say more power to those players, if they are earnestly being philanthropic. However, one can't help but feel beholden to said person and by extension their side/team/alliance/town what have you. Also, a lot and I mean a lot high level folks seem to be generous but turn on a dime to cast aspersions of theft or wrongdoing if the beneficiary leaves town or some other political issue comes up.

I get the other side of the coin, but none of this preempts the idea than there are people stuck on worlds like Houston that have gotten to level 150 and collected a lot of gear and achievements on their own without help. Why is it ok to dismiss those players and say "Buck up little camper, and start over". Sorry, to me that sounds more like a passive marketing scheme and at worst a ponzi scheme that keeps the nugget purchases flowing.
Yes that sadly happens, and sometimes its players that really should know better.
Doesn't change the fact that the nug munchers quality of battle is significantly increased when they gear up players, no matter which side they end up on, because gear is all that matters now.

Beefmeister

there was no what if in the previous post.

in my opinion, if some townie borrows you a full set (ie: cortina), it's only common sense to return it back if you plan to leave. of course, not everyone thinks like me. if you feel there's a chance to be beholden to that alliance, make sure it's the real deal first, pro bono - not someone trying to own you. me for example, 1 year after said start, i returned everything and instantly left that alliance, because it was the right thing to do.

in april when i came back, i asked a townie for a full cortez set, had an argument 2 hours later with someone in town, returned the set, left town. it's that easy.

anyway, as on topic, i'm not against migration...there really are worlds that are dead and the accounts there sit rotting. but at the same time, spending money on that said world where X is "stuck", was X's decision. just because the world didn't work out (it's always because of the players), that doesn't mean X should be entitled to a move where the sun shines brighter just because he made up his mind that this is it. as a translation, i would not accept someone from juarez or kansas crying for a move on an older world - and i am thinking of adding a few more to that list. that's why certain games have the option for paid migration.

you always have to see things from both perspectives. despite always making fun of people still trying to make idaho work and always trying convincing them that it's pointless..i do understand why they don't want migration. if they want to play on that world, imagine half the players migrate and they would be forced to do that too (not that it is a necessarily bad thing). we're all humans and we think different.

what bothers me about said migration, is that people want to switch a certain 150 account they have somewhere (with all the gear, money and all that), on another world, where they also have a 150 account. some of them don't like the class they chose and want another class and this seems like the solution for them.

but i am pro migration, for worlds that really need it.

DeletedUser15368

what bothers me about said migration, is that people want to switch a certain 150 account they have somewhere (with all the gear, money and all that), on another world, where they also have a 150 account. some of them don't like the class they chose and want another class and this seems like the solution for them.
Pretty much describes me, playing as an adventurer is terrible, and there's no indication that bonuses will be re-worked.

You'd rather people like me stopped playing than bringing a playable class over?

I know that there's downsides to this, that people will just bring duellers over because it's the best class by a massive margin.... so yeah...

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

people will just bring duellers over because it's the best class by a massive margin
Duelers and Workers

Workers are tricky with all this power-crept gear and crappy RNG but still more interesting and flexible than Duelers.

Besides theoretically "unlimited" building LP for churching

Beefmeister

Pretty much describes me, playing as an adventurer is terrible, and there's no indication that bonuses will be re-worked.

You'd rather people like me stopped playing than bringing a playable class over?

I know that there's downsides to this, that people will just bring duellers over because it's the best class by a massive margin.... so yeah...

no, i don't want anyone stopping playing and i don't want them opening migration for that reason either
i want them to make all classes fun to play, that would fix your problem too.
there's no reason to do counter productive fixes so you disturb the experience of other players. in a utopian world, you fix the issue directly, you make adventurer enjoyable to play...but as you said, no indication of the bonuses being reworked.

but first, how exactly do you even fix adventurer? you give it more base hp, like soldier? you give it extra dodging bonus? i have no idea...it's better playing adventurer now than it was last meta though.
would you accept paid migration? like paying 5000 nuggets to move to another server, allowed once per year or every 2 years...have to think of it. i think that's a more productive move.

i'm demanding a lot anyway. i love talking theory but deep inside i know that nothing's gonna happen and this game is way past even its senior years

Last edited:

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Joe Kidd, when Cortina came out myself and some others made it into our goal to sort out Cortina for our alliance. All in all I spent 40M on buying gear and gave it out for free. Now unfortunately I don't have any more to hand out. But we really do try to help each other, especially if the players are active and at a good level. I don't think we have any tanks without Cortina in our alliance now.

If you are serious about starting on Colo I can find you a full Marshall set and then you will have to town-hop to find the best level church. I do not have full Cortez myself so can't help with that.

So all in all I think you are wrong. I don't know who you play with but they don't seem to be the helpful kind....

Poker Alice

The rain pours at times around here like cats and dogs. The street is in the mud. Inside the saloon, the bartender serves up another round.

Beefmeister an active member of the establishment tosses back his glass and saying, “some of them don't like the class they chose and want another class.”

Lulumcnoob well know for his patronizing of the saloon saying, “pretty much describes me, playing as an adventurer is terrible.”

Beefmeister looks across the table and saying, ”but first, how exactly do you even fix adventurer?”

Poker Alice another well know visitor to the saloon saunters over to the table saying, “what are you fixin’ boys?”

Doc Roth member looking for a solution generously lays down his cash on the table saying, “I don't know who you play with but they don't seem to be the helpful kind.”

Adventurers are soldiers of fortune and curious discoverer.
They don't want a calm and organized life, they love the risk and strive for the big fortune.
Adventurers are the ideal characters for players that love quests and a bit of risk taking.

The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 10%.
The chance to find an item during work is increased by 10%.
You can use hotels in foreign towns for free until level 2.
The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 10%.
Starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, you have a chance of 25% to keep from being hit at all for the rest of the round.

Do I have this right? Seems to me an adventurer is like adventurer Mr. Doc Holliday. Lawman Wyatt Earp he is not. Doc Holliday is a gambler, yes sir, gambler out to get rich is his game. Oh he may punch a mean shot off now and then but he is full of tuberculosis. He is not a solder?

This is the kind of character you want in your growing town when your goal is to get forts built and come up with some product you need for crafts? He might respond if his town is under attack by outlaw duelers out to rob his town workers of value. He might walk over to the marshals office and put down some hard earned cash on a bounty.

If anything was changed, I would like to see even more supportive character roles not associated directly with fighting. (salon dancer, school teacher, nurse, etc)

Joe Kidd

anyway, as on topic, i'm not against migration...there really are worlds that are dead and the accounts there sit rotting. but at the same time, spending money on that said world where X is "stuck", was X's decision. just because the world didn't work out (it's always because of the players), that doesn't mean X should be entitled to a move where the sun shines brighter just because he made up his mind that this is it.

@Beefmeister I completely disagree with this statement not to mention you are contradicting yourself with your points regarding the Adventurer class and seeing how "nothing's gonna happen and this game is way past even its senior years". The onus is certainly not on the players entirely. The game is in need of a new version with core mechanics needing serious retooling. It's disingenuous for you to say that regardless. If a player started on Houston in 2018 that's very different consideration from one starting there today. This game is built around long term investment or at least it used to be.
I'm glad you agree with migration. I think it's one consideration Innogames could offer right now since they cannot seem to invest time in truly updating this game or even bother to advise the player base with more details if they actually are. They seem to, by general policy, hedge their bets on this game's development every business quarter. I'm 100% certain that the base pretext to every single development and business meeting about The West in their offices.

@Dr Roth I appreciate the offer. I have started a toon there and I'm already involved with an alliance, but the grind is real. I feel essentially useless in fort battles. I always tell myself the grind to the top will pay dividends later, but it's just not that simple. It's definitely not always enjoyable. What doesn't help is reflecting on the work and time I've put into Houston and seeing the net result there. That's not very encouraging either.

Beefmeister

@Beefmeister I completely disagree with this statement not to mention you are contradicting yourself with your points regarding the Adventurer class and seeing how "nothing's gonna happen and this game is way past even its senior years". The onus is certainly not on the players entirely. The game is in need of a new version with core mechanics needing serious retooling. It's disingenuous for you to say that regardless. If a player started on Houston in 2018 that's very different consideration from one starting there today. This game is built around long term investment or at least it used to be.
I'm glad you agree with migration. I think it's one consideration Innogames could offer right now since they cannot seem to invest time in truly updating this game or even bother to advise the player base with more details if they actually are. They seem to, by general policy, hedge their bets on this game's development every business quarter. I'm 100% certain that the base pretext to every single development and business meeting about The West in their offices.

@Dr Roth I appreciate the offer. I have started a toon there and I'm already involved with an alliance, but the grind is real. I feel essentially useless in fort battles. I always tell myself the grind to the top will pay dividends later, but it's just not that simple. It's definitely not always enjoyable. What doesn't help is reflecting on the work and time I've put into Houston and seeing the net result there. That's not very encouraging either.

i think you're just juggling a bit trying to turn down whatever i say...but it's fine for me
if that's all you understood from my 2 TLDR points, that i'm contradicting myself...not worth a 3rd one

enjoy playing on houtson

Last edited:

Joe Kidd

I'm just discussing the points you made @Beefmeister, nothing more. If you think it's solely the active player's responsibility to make a dying world worthwhile playing, I'm simply saying that is not correct. There's only so much that can be done and when one peers into a word like EN Colorado, it's clear that certain worlds, for whatever reason, have an advantage or lack issues that prevent the world from going sour. I'm not going to namedrop but there is certainly one or two people ruining Houston and making it toxic. In that regard, I'm merely asking Inno to re-evaluate the criteria they use to determine whether or not world migration is warranted. If they are still using criteria from 5+ years ago then those criteria are in need of an update, most likely.

I don't agree that making a new world serves that purpose of finding greener pastures. It's clear the EN formula of making a new world right before DOTD with the Christmas event as a follow up is a profitable schema for the company. However, it is not a solution for my issue. Abandoning or putting a 150-levle toon on a dead world in a holding pattern while I go "have fun" with a new toon on a new world is not a soultion. By extension, taking the same attitude with joining an older world, like Colo with a new toon, is not much different. Granted, the challenge of trying to grind up to 150 is interesting. It's just much more appealing to consider moving my geared-up 150 from Houston to Colo. I can also add to my arguement that many recent events are very difficult to fully complete in less-populated worlds especially anything involving require crafting products that cannot be acquired in any way but from other active players.

Beefmeister

riiiight

i can explain to you in private if you really wanna know why colorado works and the other worlds don't...even if it was explained a dozen times before, even in this topic

anything else not worth wasting time on, for me

Joe Kidd

@Beefmeister Whatever floats your boat mate. I've seen very clearly your stances and explanation. However, I find them unconvincing. Sorry! Just becuase your experience on Colorado you found to be positive and worthwhile does not invalidate the desire for people with multiple-year-old 150 toons on other worlds to join the better worlds (i.e. Colorado). I mean, seriously, I hope you aren't suggesting that some how not having the inituition in 2018 or so to make provisions to be built up on Colorado, today, with a 150 toon and all the best modern gear is a genuine failure and lack of intelligence on the part of those that don't....I really don't think that's true but there is an air of that in your language. If it is true, it's total bull****.

Beefmeister

heh...if you really wanna do it that way. i think polite is not of your liking.
why would i suggest your lack of intelligence specifically for that when there are plenty other reasons :-D
i even offered you my help for further explanations...

all i was saying is: you don't deserve to cry here because you invested 50 euro on an online game and your toon is sitting there just like that. you and a few others would leave and you would mess up the experience of 400 other players that still wanna play on that world, or whatever that number is...even if it looks like it, the world doesn't revolve around you and your toon on houston. but it seems like you consider yourself privileged enough for them to change the game for you.

i have 4 toons rotting on dead worlds, yet i don't come here to complain because i started an adventurer toon on the only decent world on .net or spent money on a world that is dead because the players don't get along...and guess what, plenty other people are taking the exact same stance

and specifically, you shouldn't be allowed to move your toon from houston anyway because that's a prem world, while en15 is not. and i really hope you're gonna be stuck there forever

where are you going to move...on another world where there are 20vs30 digs or none at all? i wonder why that siutation really, are you gonna blame inno? not the players that under no possible circumstances wanna work something? like inno didn't give you the tool to keep the players coming to forts on the previous newest world. :lol:

also, i can teach you how to level up and get gear easier too, since you have trouble with your "grind" and don't accept handouts either...seems to me like you're a man of principles. i know that very, very well..just slide in my dms

have a great day and next time please keep your assumptions for yourself

Joe Kidd

heh...if you really wanna do it that way. i think polite is not of your liking.
why would i suggest your lack of intelligence specifically for that when there are plenty other reasons :-D
i even offered you my help for further explanations...

Wow, nice. You are not in the slightest bit funny.

all i was saying is: you don't deserve to cry here because you invested 50 euro on an online game and your toon is sitting there just like that. you and a few others would leave and you would mess up the experience of 400 other players that still wanna play on that world, or whatever that number is...even if it looks like it, the world doesn't revolve around you and your toon on houston. but it seems like you consider yourself privileged enough for them to change the game for you.

Interesting how you bring up assumptions. I have plenty of friends on Houston that want the same thing - they hate it there. I'm not here for just myself but them as well. Priviledged? No, I've seen Inno do migrations before so ergo would like to see them done again. That's not "crying" - what the hell. Also, how in the world would myself and a few others leaving unbalance 400+ others experience in Houston? How, specfically? We wouldn't and hey, guess what, others might come to Houston as well.

i have 4 toons rotting on dead worlds, yet i don't come here to complain because i started an adventurer toon on the only decent world on .net or spent money on a world that is dead because the players don't get along...and guess what, plenty other people are taking the exact same stance

Congratulations? That's a demented and sad stance to take, in my opinion.

and specifically, you shouldn't be allowed to move your toon from houston anyway because that's a prem world, while en15 is not. and i really hope you're gonna be stuck there forever

That's an actual salient point, but Inno can revoke the 2 SP I've bought in the last 2 years on Houston without a refund. I'd gladly concede that. Oh hey thanks for the kind words of encouragement there - kinda negates your semi-genuine discourse.

where are you going to move... like inno didn't give you the tool to keep the players coming to forts on the previous newest world. :lol:

Sorry, bruh. I have no idea what you are talking about. EN Kansas? That's gr17 if anything, I'll pass.

Thanks for the feedback mate, I think. It is truly sad that there are players out there that refuse to invision how the current EN worlds could be re-organized into something better like @lulumcnoob has so adroitly laid out in the past. I think first Inno has to be convinced to reconsider the criteria for migration. If there are so many like yourself as you claim, well, we all are screwed then. I suppose this game will at some point will infact dry up and fade away as the only recourse.

Beefmeister

Thanks for the feedback mate, I think. It is truly sad that there are players out there that refuse to invision how the current EN worlds could be re-organized into something better like @lulumcnoob has so adroitly laid out in the past. I think first Inno has to be convinced to reconsider the criteria for migration. If there are so many like yourself as you claim, well, we all are screwed then. I suppose this game will at some point will infact dry up and fade away as the only recourse.

wait, what? did you even read any of my posts? or did you read only what you assume you understand and like to reply to? :lol:

Congratulations? That's a demented and sad stance to take, in my opinion.

did you once try to see things from a different perspective than yours? just once. or are you one of those geniuses that think everyone is crazy and stupid and you're the "frontier psychiatrist".

this is my last post. i will explain it for you again, so you understand.. because you have a really hard time with it. you take every single sentence i write here, perceive it in your narrow minded thinking, and then come here babbling whatever your brain comes up with

i am not against migration. i am pro migration for worlds that really need it - as long as there isn't a better fix. as was the case with world 1. there i can agree it was needed...but there were still players that were against it. some people did not understand why those people from world 1 were against it, do you? i do. as long as these players exist, i will not consider migration a good solution, and that's strictly my opinion. you don't have to say it's demented, thank you.

what is the percentage of players that wanna leave houston? you can make a poll on it. i assume that there will be a lot of players that wanna leave that world, and a lot of players that simply wanna stay there. let's consider it 70/30. you're on the side that will leave. what will happen with the other 30% of the players? you strip them of any chance to have a fair gaming experience, am i right? if you don't care about those 30%, that makes you selfish. that's why i came up with the nugget solution for moving.

now, to go a bit more in-depth, if this is what you mentioned regarding lulu's rebranding of the game, if it's his
i agree with most of it, but it has flaws which are mentioned in the post there. actual replies to things you said here...that makes my job easier. you have all the explanation you need in the topic

you want to discuss anything? go ahead and make a REAL point about the real discussion going on...as i tried to do before you spit at everything i said and tried to make it personal.

again, enjoy your day

Last edited: