Recommended World(s) ?

Joe Kidd

Just say no to Houston, in general.

Someone with authority at Innogames regarding this game needs to look at the actual population data of the EN worlds and move the goal posts in terms of population standards, etc. that dictate or determine migration. There are people that have been playing for years trapped on worlds they don't want to be on anymore, i.e. Houston, and want to go elsewhere to a legitimate world, i.e. Colorado, with their high-level toons.

Poker Alice

I don't see what the problem is here. If you want to go from Houston to Colorado then...
just go west on the map to Ciudad Juarez then head north thru New Mexico to Colorado. :-D

Joe Kidd

I don't see what the problem is here. If you want to go from Houston to Colorado then...
just go west on the map to Ciudad Juarez then head north thru New Mexico to Colorado. :-D

That would require beginnning a new character, losing all the gear collected on said world (in this case Houston), and then grinding once again to level 150. You have completely missed the point of my post.

Poker Alice

That would require beginnning a new character, losing all the gear collected on said world (in this case Houston), and then grinding once again to level 150. You have completely missed the point of my post.
Actually, with all the new interest in the forum as it was so dead before there wasn't even one new post and then suddenly all hell breaks loose.

It is really good to see an active forum but the tension in this forum, you could cut it with knife. So Joe, I was only trying to make a joke. You know. This game versus real life? Anyway, I see your point about merging many servers into fewer but in reality I'm guessing they just might choose to close inactive worlds down. The only question being how inactive. In any case its not my call.

Poker Alice

Just say no to Houston, in general.

Someone with authority at Innogames regarding this game needs to look at the actual population data of the EN worlds and move the goal posts in terms of population standards, etc. that dictate or determine migration. There are people that have been playing for years trapped on worlds they don't want to be on anymore, i.e. Houston, and want to go elsewhere to a legitimate world, i.e. Colorado, with their high-level toons.
I know this is a hard pill to swallow. I do know what you mean. You work like a dog to get to the higher levels of game with your character and then find the state of Texas you are playing in isn't as exciting as it once was. Ghost towns are popping up all over the place. I stayed in adventure mode in Juarez and watched my town grow and decline rapidly because members got upset with something about how their in-no game was going? Well I can't help that!

So here I find myself on the forum with a renewed interest in the "politics" of forts. After being criticized heavily on this forum for not having enough experience with fighting at the forts I though I would go visit Colorado. I'm being told this is the cultural center for forts? I decided to migrate there the old fashioned way by starting at the beginning once again. Actually I don't mind doing this because since it has been a while now find starting over again isn't as bad as I thought. It is a question of time however and in terms of being competitive well .. my mustang will have to do for now. Who knows what the future might bring. Perhaps a new L world to become interested in. The world is out of my control. I just need live in it. :)

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
With today's gear it isnt really that difficult to get to high levels quickly.
On my last servers I hit 150 in 10 months on one, On two others I am up to 142/143 after 6 months.

It all depends how you play

DeletedUser15368

10 months of mindless grinding is cool if that's your thing I guess... It's true that there's no difficulty in this, it's just clicking over and over and over again.
In my view, the thing that drives levelling up is so you can do better in PvP (forts and duels).
Sadly 10 months is only 2 months less than a new worlds PvP will last for, as the next world opens before the previous one has played out and our tiny player-base is split.

Then we have hundreds viable characters trapped on dead worlds and no right to move them to a world that we can actually play on (and spend money on).

If you want good duels and fort battles again, please don't start new worlds. Don't perpetuate the slow cycle of doom for this game.

For the sake of everyone's continued enjoyment of this, once, amazing game, I would recommend Juarez for new accounts and open all migration routes at level 99 from all worlds, in order to facilitate PvP, it's the big money-maker Inno have been over-exploiting for years after all, and berry pickers who happily play on non-PvP worlds will not be affected in any way.
I'd also love a perma-speed world that resets every year, for players who want that new world experience and to stop littering the log-in screen with pointless worlds.

There's no end-game to The West, a world is done, and I would imagine stops making money, when the player count gets too low to support PvP, which describes 9 out of 12 of our worlds at present. A couple more could be revived with migrations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poker Alice

10 months of mindless grinding is cool if that's your thing I guess... It's true that there's no difficulty in this, it's just clicking over and over and over again.
In my view, the thing that drives levelling up is so you can do better in PvP (forts and duels).
Sadly 10 months is only 2 months less than a new worlds PvP will last for, as the next world opens before the previous one has played out and our tiny player-base is split.

Then we have hundreds viable characters trapped on dead worlds and no right to move them to a world that we can actually play on (and spend money on).

If you want good duels and fort battles again, please don't start new worlds. Don't perpetuate the slow cycle of doom for this game.

For the sake of everyone's continued enjoyment of this, once, amazing game, I would recommend Juarez for new accounts and open all migration routes at level 99 from all worlds, in order to facilitate PvP, it's the big money-maker Inno have been over-exploiting for years after all, and berry pickers who happily play on non-PvP worlds will not be affected in any way.
I'd also love a perma-speed world that resets every year, for players who want that new world experience and to stop littering the log-in screen with pointless worlds.

There's no end-game to The West, a world is done, and I would imagine stops making money, when the player count gets too low to support PvP, which describes 9 out of 12 of our worlds at present. A couple more could be revived with migrations.
Some very good ideas to be considered but I'm not into the doom game.
Is it possible making money is not the only driving force for an online game? I don't really know. It is all speculation.

I understand the enthusiasm for competition as players compete against other players. And I understand why one world can be a favorite for any particular member. That is why a player would want the world they play in to be at the top of the list right? There is a limit in all worlds to the number of levels which can be achieved, right. What I don't understand in promoting a particular feature or world (Colorado versus Juarez or Kansas or another) there is a reference being made which defines a separation of the type of player base? (bare-e pickers can go there and dressed up fort fighters can go there.)

What I do understand exists in the games description.

"InnoGames' online role-playing game The West sees you start as a greenhorn facing the dangers of the Wild West. Create your own avatar and collect experience by completing tasks and doing jobs. Become a gunslinger by challenging other players to duels. Prove your skills in adventures or just storm forts.

Compete with your friends in duels, achievements and crafting." - https://www.innogames.com/games/the-west/

I didn't write the description or design the game. In the description it is described not as a pvp game but a role playing game which incorporates pvp. It is both.

Enjoyment can be had by all at any level in any world that is made accessible?

Thanatoss

@lulumcnoob the ideal scenario i think would be:
1 non-premium world
(o3r/and 1 extended premium world)
1 full-premium world
1 event world

I would love to play on old worlds but the fact that you can gain skill points from event quest every year is a turn off from me.

DeletedUser15368

Is it possible making money is not the only driving force for an online game? I don't really know. It is all speculation.
Yes that's possible, but imo money is the sole purpose of this game and the creative direction that it took with tombolas and item sales over gameplay features.

That is why a player would want the world they play in to be at the top of the list right?
Again, that's possible, but I still push Colorado as the "primary" PvP world on this server, even when I'm not playing on it. It's proven to stand the test of time where all other worlds have not, (excluding Juarez) it's the most competitive and therefore most active, and you'll get the best possible experience playing there, in whatever role you pick.
My desire for migrations extends beyond just Colorado, I strongly believe we could improve PvP on Arizona, and revive Briscoe and possibly Dakota, with the high-level accounts trapped on worlds without PvP - Worlds in which we cannot play our roles.

I didn't write the description or design the game. In the description it is described not as a pvp game but a role playing game which incorporates pvp. It is both
"Create your own avatar and collect experience by completing tasks and doing jobs", are the Player verses Environment components of the game, the rest of the description describes how you will compete with other players, in duels, adventures, achievements, crafting and fort fighting.

You can absolutely find your own role to play within the game, as a crafter, a dueller, a farmer, or you can have no role and just play with yourself, I don't personally mind what anyone else finds enjoyment from. The parts that I enjoy are only viable on a couple of worlds now, but I would love to be able to play on more with the characters that I have created, built up, spent money on, and have a personal attachment to, as if often the case in Role-Playing games.

This page also boasts about "Strategically challenging multiplayer battles", and I would love for the goal to still be to provide that to the players who do not have those on their world(s).

DeletedUser15368

I would love to play on old worlds but the fact that you can gain skill points from event quest every year is a turn off from me.
I really don't mind the skill-points gap anymore, it has always existed as a premium feature, and it used to actually be meaningful.

in 2021 there's over 3000 (maybe over 4000 now) points in play from the gear only. You can only get 600 points naturally from levelling up, and I don't know how many points it's possible to get each year, but lets say it's extreme and you can get 50 from quests every year.

After 13 years of questing, the majority of skills and attributes will still come from tombola clothes, and the gap is somewhat neutralised by the RNG nature of every aspect of the game. Builders in duel gear can hold their own against duellers in duel gear. Duellers can change to fort gear and do better than skilled fort fighters. Pure Fort Fighters can build the church to extraordinary levels with construction gear.

I reject the old sentiment that Colorado should be protected from migrations from premium worlds because your character skill and attribute points do not matter now, only gear does, and how much real money you are willing to spend or gamble on your gear.

Joe Kidd

I just love how everyone is ignoring the collection of gear. So Dr Roth you'll just hand over a full set of Cortina if I play a tank on Colo and level quickly to 150? While you are at it can I easily purchase a Cortez set before that so I can church grind to 150? Yeah I didn't think so.

RaiderTr

Yes.. few weeks of brainless clicking (if we ignore the click click events) if you are jobless irl with lots of time, then getting gear to non-stop Build church for the next 5-10 months.

It might be fine for some, but it's not for the most.
I just love how everyone is ignoring the collection of gear. So Dr Roth you'll just hand over a full set of Cortina if I play a tank on Colo and level quickly to 150? While you are at it can I easily purchase a Cortez set before that so I can church grind to 150?
We don't ignore that.
We/I have been there, done that.

All it takes to be active and trust/worthy to receive free gear, step by step.

Still, what I said above is valid.