Recession?

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I hope by "rich banking families" you're not referring to ridiculous conspiracy theory...

It depends, I have a hard time establishing the realistic theory. I noticed that some people do good disappearing acts :bandit:

It just mean the people who get a cut of everything, and will probably profit whatever happens.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zy8LYMQjbo&feature=channel_page You could always put it like this guy, I was loading this while posting, coincidence, honest.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

my opinion for the recession:

the stock index like the dow jones and the nasdaq let way too many unexperienced people trade.

if a stock goes up and up everybody sells it to earn fast much money.
but then everyone sells it so the stock price will go down.

that's what happend to almost all of the stocks.
the price went down and every unexperienced person was in a crisis.
they sold everything and the stocks lost even more.

solution?

everyone should buy stocks, the price will go up and businesses will get enough money to stand on their own.

recession solved:D:D

DeletedUser

Your logic is flawed in the way that if the companies don't make enough profit, you know - by actually being a company - and they end up going bankrupt, then all the people who bought stocks will be screwed thus worsening the situation. GM would be a good example of this.

Also, the bulk of traders responsible for any notable collapse are hardly inexperienced traders, but rather the ones who are experienced and own large amounts of stock. Those who manage portfolios are also good examples.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

greed is the bastage. Working in real estate prior to and during this recent recession, I watched first-hand the short-term blonde mindset of buyers, sellers, brokers, and lendors, all of which were hoping to make a quick buck during the real estate bubble, and all of which repeatedly blew off the warnings of a bursting to that bubble.

What does this comment have to do with the ongoing discussion? I have no idea and I could care less. :p

DeletedUser

It just shows that you can't blame this on one group or person; everyone was involved. Sure, wall street and Capital Hill had a huge hand in it, but everyday Americans also made bad financial decisions, which added to the problem. Of course, telling citizens to make better financial decisions is political suicide these days. No one wants to own up to their actions, so the cycle just continues to spiral downward.

DeletedUser1105

Basically, companies that cannot really afford to lend money shouldn't have done so, and people/companies who can't really afford to pay back the money shouldn't have borrowed it.

DeletedUser13682

I say it's the government trying to make everyone dependent on them, and then letting go of all the dependees who don't know how to work for themselves and then drown in the ocean of debt. Even though this is nothing compared to the Great Depression, government spending didn't end the depression. What did was World War II. The government should stop spending money in the economy, and take a laissee faire stance, and hope for a major war that will force all factories to retool for war, and create millions of jobs. America should also become more self-sufficient. Most of our products come from China, and most materials used to make products here come from other countries. It would be cheaper if everything was produced and made here. And a lot less jobs would be lost because of jobs being sent overseas.

DeletedUser

You honestly believe the government is conspiring against you? *rolls eyes*

The dependency on foreign producers is largely due to consumerism. We want, we buy. They provide at a low price, we buy. They exploit their citizenry to provide those low prices, we buy. Consumers aren't just on the lower rung, they're at every rung. Small and big businesses owners are looking to increase their profit margin, investors are looking for the greatest gain, and stock brokers are looking for the tallest spikes. The U.S. didn't just blindly waltz into debt with China; it was done with both eyes wide open, both hands grasping for every dollar saved, and every mouth voicing a rationalization.

Short-term satisfaction, greed at every level, callous indifference on a global scale. Want someone to blame? Blame everyone, including yourself.

DeletedUser

You're lying Hellstromm, I think you're a part of them. You're just acting as a messenger and going to various forums around the internet, debunking all the people who see the truth. Is it coincidence that Johan is banned? I think not!

DeletedUser

Agree with the earlier assessment that the recession was caused by people without the need to payback loans getting them, combined with lenders who shouldn't have been lending actually doing so. That created a liquidity trap.

At this point, quite a few large companies that had been running solely on loans, could no longer get a loan, and they went belly up.

And based on the borrowing the feds are doing right now, I wouldn't doubt that the government bond market will dry up too. Hopefully at that point, they will actually stop spending on borrowed dimes.

DeletedUser

If you want to go deeper, the fault lies with Greenspan, Reaganomics, and Republicans in general who removed the compete restrictions on brokers, banks and lending groups, with their ridiculous, naive belief that deregulation (no government-imposed rules) would foster economic growth through conscientious competition, all the while knowing (at least in the back of their minds, if not the fore) that greed would eventually overtake common sense.

DeletedUser

Well, H-E-(double hockey sticks) Stromm, It's everyone's fault!

Especially you; sitting around your computer-- loafers on and PJ's sipping coffee
debating on (and blaming people) how the U.S. economy is doomed instead of actually doing something better with your time, maybe getting on your hands an knees and having a quickv prayer with the Lord above?

DeletedUser

Oh how cute. Attacking the messenger is so much easier than admitting there's a problem. I always find it pathetic when someone makes blind statements in an effort to discredit, a blatant Ad Hominem, fallacious reasoning. It's not original, it's not true. It's a diversion and it's juvenile.

In short, BartBot, you can't handle the truth.

DeletedUser

If you want to go deeper, the fault lies with Greenspan, Reaganomics, and Republicans in general who removed the compete restrictions on brokers, banks and lending groups, with their ridiculous, naive belief that deregulation (no government-imposed rules) would foster economic growth through conscientious competition, all the while knowing (at least in the back of their minds, if not the fore) that greed would eventually overtake common sense.

It did foster growth, but just like the internet boom, the bubble burst.

They failed to learn from the internet boom and bust of the 80's.

And IMO we will fail to learn from this crisis. We are doomed to repeating history over and over.

DeletedUser

One of the comments following that utube video tries to throw blame to the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 (CRA), but this is not correct. What threw it all under the bus, and distorted the intentions of the CRA, was the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, a Republican created and sponsored opening of the banking flood-gates, allowing such horribly inept practices as banks ensuring themselves.

DeletedUser

And for those not familiar with the CRA, it was largely an effort to stop redlining and other discriminatory lending practices.