Real Recommended World!

RaiderTr

Sadly, the "Recommended World" you see when logging in, is, the newest server by default for few years, and not necessarily the "Worthy" and/or "Best" of all.
If it was up to me, I'd instead show 2 worlds there, one being "Old but gold" and the other is "Newest" so that the people who are after temporary "Achievements" and people who are after "Long-term" plans could make a different choice.

There is.. a common misbelief about "Old Worlds" though. (For reference: https://the-west.net/?page=register&mode=choose_world)
Being played in both "Newest" and "one of the Oldest" I can easily say that "Old" ones are better for newbies. They will get lots of help, including gear & infos about the game.

In a new server however, they will be like sheeps amongst the wolves.
Especially at the start, a lot of "Nugget munchers" will be Level 120-130 very quickly with 10 years of power-crept tombola/nugget sets and newbies be like.. well.. stay as "noobs"
Then majority of those will leave the game completely. Honestly idk why Inno ignores that part.

Anyways.. coming back to Real Recommended World..
Mine and many others' will be Colorado, by far.

Just so you know though.. don't expect perfection in this game. But this server is as good as it goes, with a lot of helpful players.
Also expect a lot of Nostalgia :cooln:

My Suggested Character Class will be Worker. For the flexibility and advantages it offers on every stage of the game.
There are plenty (one might call a bit too much even) of others anyway. But well u can always decide later.

Reference for Fort Battles: https://westforts.com/en15/battles
Ps. We now can Hold Towers/High Ground when Defending!

voLeMaNe

Hi there,
This looks like the post I was looking for. I am thinking about starting to play on a world here on the net server. Are there any other worlds you would recommend or just Colorado?

Thank you :)

RaiderTr

If you aren't fine with jumping to "newest" server every year (because all "dies" within a year) and spending lots of money to be "competent" .. No, I don't recommend any other world in .Net

EngLad

Yep you can come to Colorado and start from bottom, compete against 5-6 years old characters that are migrated from other worlds to here
I would say if you spend a lot of cash you will get the same quality as those players ;)

Lordwasa

The West Team
Forum moderator
Event Manager
It depends on your contacts.
I started playing on de10 this year, an ancient world.
In a year you can reach lvl 150, if you have some friends that can help you with gear and some cash, you can easily compete in duels and fortfights.

With the current development of sets, you will jave the best gear for moneymaking, duels, fortfights and findchance with a full loop of events.

Deus Vult

I was once told, it is "important" to either post or reply, when one is just registered in a Forum; so here we go. After my experience in The West newest world Kansas, I wouldnt even be thinking about anymore worlds to join if even been playing the game further, but with the amount of real money spent, I will now stick to it as one sticks to some ugly but warm sweater rom a beloved exgirlrfiend :) .... The Game is wonderful but some players are really out of line, harrasing others with both whispers and telegrams. as for me it was someone former supportmember, that in the end wrote something about that in a telegram I could Report to get him/her banned; but before that i had 2.5 months, with if not daily then at least very often, I was rediculed, exposed, stalked and harrashed by another player in whispers, chats and telegrams; furthermore my Town was thrown out of an alliance a week after we joined, only 2-3 weeks after launch, because this player had got the founder o the alliance convinced that i was a "no good person" ....... so therefore; I dont wonder about playing in another world, I wonder how long I care even to Log into the one I am allready gaming in :) .... One thing is very welcome. the LevelRise from 150 to 200, and with that it doesnt really matter which world one are in anyway. Have a nice Day, a nice Year and a happy GamerLife <3

Bill Paxton

After my experience in The West newest world Kansas, I wouldnt even be thinking about anymore worlds to join if even been playing the game further

My impression is that Kansas is worse because of all the hard core players from other regions. Sadly most of the normal people with a healthy take on this game quit their region (or just stayed there?) while the addicted ones came over to Kansas. And yes I am also from another region ;)

The Game is wonderful

I wouldn't call a game that exploits their (some) players to squeeze out as much money as possible wonderful.

Bill Paxton

Ps. Let's be honest. Luring new players to $my_personal_favourite_world is pretty self-serving.

The argument that only there are "veterans" that can help other players is nonsense, since many of them also play the new worlds. Also not every veteran plays on Colorado and being a veteran doesn't automatically mean that you are helping others.

The PvP / nugget argument also doesn't make sense. If you start on Colorado now you have a Char at lvl 1 while more than 90% of the players are way beyond lvl 100. They played years on this world which means they have plenty of Skillpoints from quests, all the gear and buffs and what not they could want from years of events. How is that PvP? And how is this better or worse than facing nugget spender on a new world. On the new world you at least start from the same level.

And the claim that the "veterans" will give you their gear... That also happens on newer worlds, and I wouldn't bet that you will necessarily get the best dueller or ff gear. And how is that PvP? You will just end up as decoration. So that fort fighters have something to shoot at or high level duellers can toy with you.

As first world the newest one is fine. You can toy around there, try things out and see if this game is for you. The newest world is at least busy enough to keep you motivated (hopefully). And if like TW you can still play on Colorado or wherever else your town folks play.

RaiderTr

The argument that only there are "veterans" that can help other players is nonsense, since many of them also play the new worlds.
I didn't claim such thing. Although tbh I don't think "many" of them play on new worlds. I'd go with "some"
The PvP / nugget argument also doesn't make sense. If you start on Colorado now you have a Char at lvl 1 while more than 90% of the players are way beyond lvl 100. They played years on this world which means they have plenty of Skillpoints from quests, all the gear and buffs and what not they could want from years of events. How is that PvP? And how is this better or worse than facing nugget spender on a new world. On the new world you at least start from the same level.
Oh man idk from where to start to correct this wall of misinfos..

Starting from same Level doesnt make anything better since spenders will get Job/Xp gear right away and power-Level to Level 125 within few weeks.
While non-spender won't even see Level 100.
Been there, done that, in Idaho. It was a horrible experience, while spenders dominated FFs for months/half a year.

Saved Ap/Sp you say? Well sure, handful of people has many Sp in particular but not everyone, or majority for that matter.
Besides, Total Ap/Sp the Sets give keep going higher and higher so much so that the Effect of the ones you get from Quests are keep getting minimalised.
(Will be even less so if we get Level 200)

Meanwhile, that spender, unlike in Colorado (the only exception server), can directly buy Sp/Ap with Nuggets.
And the claim that the "veterans" will give you their gear... That also happens on newer worlds, and I wouldn't bet that you will necessarily get the best dueller or ff gear. And how is that PvP? You will just end up as decoration. So that fort fighters have something to shoot at or high level duellers can toy with you.
If you have good spender friends you surely will get help everywhere. You still will have to wait "Holiday Event" at least though.
After they geared up themselves, they might help you.

On an "Old" (& Active) world though, things will be much easier, especially for start, since there are waaay too many Sets you can get, at any time.

Being a "Toy" you say.. You have no idea..
I've seen how they toyed with us non-Spenders in Idaho when it was still "new".

Colorado was much more smooth experience than that.
Didn't take me too long to catch up to the "Top-Players" either.
As first world the newest one is fine. You can toy around there, try things out and see if this game is for you. The newest world is at least busy enough to keep you motivated (hopefully). And if like TW you can still play on Colorado or wherever else your town folks play.
Been there, done that, although I didn't know it was the "Newest" server I'm starting to, since game doesn't specify anything beside the "Recommended World(s)
I wish I knew how fast this game kills the "New" servers and had not done that.

Besides, things don't work that way. You put too much effort that you can't leave it.
So you either play 2 servers, which isn't fun for majority, or you don't play at all.

caroliena

Yesterday i deleted Kansas lol.................why is not my world.So many players in there i don't like that.............:boone:

Bill Paxton

If you have good spender friends you surely will get help everywhere.
You get help everywhere. Period. Not in every town, but there are enough alliances that are interested in players and ff fighters that will help with equipment.

You still will have to wait "Holiday Event" at least though.
How does it matter? Besides there is an tobola event every few months.

On an "Old" (& Active) world though, things will be much easier, especially for start, since there are waaay too many Sets you can get, at any time.
Well, before I gave away the few items I had on Colorado I checked the prices... Prices and amount of items don't seem that different than on other worlds.
I know I know you will just claim otherwise.

Being a "Toy" you say.. You have no idea..
Not impressed ;)

I've seen how they toyed with us non-Spenders in Idaho when it was still "new".
Obviously people that spend real $ and people that grind a lot will always have an advantage. You have that on _any_ world. Point is on an old world like Colorado you have those _plus_ 90+% of old, high level players.
Besides on the newest world newbies can at least see the difference in progress between themself and those hard core grinders and then decide if this game is for them. Some might see it as challenge and try to catch up. Others might be discouraged. But at least it's visible. On an old world I can spend weeks and months to catch up just to realize that I can't compete with players in lvl2 nuggets sets, etc.

Colorado was much more smooth experience than that.
Didn't take me too long to catch up to the "Top-Players" either.
And this is the core problem. It is not about you. It's about new players. They won't level up that smoothly and they will make plenty of mistakes, like "wrong" class, using their skillpoints badly and reskill again and again, wasting money, etc.. In contrast to you and me they don't know how duels work and if they like them. Or if they like fort fights or adventures (yikes!) better. And so on.

It's their first world. Why the hell would anyone start a new game, power level for weeks and months. Just to do ...? To do what? Because they don't know! They never played this game before! So let them play the game themself and make their own decisions. And when they need help, they will find friendly people willing to help on any world.

PS: You are of course free to write some guides here or in the wiki give some advice for the various aspects of this game if you are that concerned for them :p

So you either play 2 servers, which isn't fun for majority, or you don't play at all.
Given that it's not fun, I have heard from way to many people that they play multiple worlds. I don't get it either. But again, you have to let people decide for themself.
And while we are at it... There are obviously a lot of people that like to play new worlds and start from scratch. And as much as I would have liked to forbid them to abandon Juarez and start on Kansas, you have to accept that this isn't possible.

Bill Paxton

I didn't claim such thing. Although tbh I don't think "many" of them play on new worlds. I'd go with "some"
You didn't claim it but you kinda claim it? :D The term veteran and many and some are up for discussion anyway. hard to argue one way or the other.

Starting from same Level doesnt make anything better since spenders will get Job/Xp gear right away and power-Level to Level 125 within few weeks.
Sure some will outspend you no matter what. But that wasn't the point. The point is that on Colorado you are already outspent by most players even before you start.

While non-spender won't even see Level 100.
It's amazing how much you are missing the point here. Let's take Kansas... Sure there are already players that are close to level 150. But there are plenty of players in all level regions that one can compare and compete with.
Your argument can also be made for Colorado, were this would suck even more because most people are already lvl 100+

Been there, done that, in Idaho. It was a horrible experience, while spenders dominated FFs for months/half a year.
That would of course not happen if dozens or hundreds of new players would start on Colorado :D -.-

Besides, Total Ap/Sp the Sets give keep going higher and higher so much so that the Effect of the ones you get from Quests are keep getting minimalised.
(Will be even less so if we get Level 200)
And the higher the char level the bigger the per level effect of these sets. Another argument why it's a bit problematic to start on a world where 90+% are way above lvl100.

Meanwhile, that spender, unlike in Colorado (the only exception server), can directly buy Sp/Ap with Nuggets.
You keep saying this, but is this feature even used that much? And even if, how does it matter if people have an advantage by nugget gear or bought SP points or years of quest SP or activity or ...?