Resolved Rare Recipes

DeletedUser

So I've just delved into crafting recently I've always just fought.
Anyways I'm wondering if anyone has a list of the "Rare" recipes.
Also I would like to know if the wandering trader carries any "rare" recipes.
I know he only carries up to 350 or w/e but are some of those "rare"?

Well Thanks in Advance Guys/Gals. ;)

DeletedUser16628

I have yet to acquire a rare item/recipe from the wandering trader.That does not mean it can't happen I just have not had it happen to me yet.

DeletedUser

Do you know What some of the rare recipes are? :p
So Far I've logged create a revolver mould and prepare sauce as Uncommon.

delldell56

rare are those recipes you can't get from trader, normal jobs or boxes. even the 10k recipes for the final crafting products are not extremely "rare", as they drop in boxes, so call them uncommon if you wish. when a crafter talks about a rare recipe, it usually applies to those that can only be obtained in a high luck job with the right drop value, or acquired at a market from someone who got it that way. prices are usually steep because of their rarity, and i've seen people offering up to 250k for them. those are:

cook: a fish wrapped in newspaper, brew goulash, cook spare ribs and prepare canned beans.

blacksmith: open a geode, create a hip flask, create modern armour and watchmaker's tools.

peddler: construct a pair of compasses, mix hair lotion, brew fine liquor and glowing mixture.

saddler: brew aiming elixir, prepare robust reins, create ornate holster and weightless leather.

DeletedUser

rare are those recipes you can't get from trader, normal jobs or boxes. even the 10k recipes for the final crafting products are not extremely "rare", as they drop in boxes, so call them uncommon if you wish. when a crafter talks about a rare recipe, it usually applies to those that can only be obtained in a high luck job with the right drop value, or acquired at a market from someone who got it that way. prices are usually steep because of their rarity, and i've seen people offering up to 250k for them. those are:

cook: a fish wrapped in newspaper, brew goulash, cook spare ribs and prepare canned beans.

blacksmith: open a geode, create a hip flask, create modern armour and watchmaker's tools.

peddler: construct a pair of compasses, mix hair lotion, brew fine liquor and glowing mixture.

saddler: brew aiming elixir, prepare robust reins, create ornate holster and weightless leather.

I am aware of How they are acquired :p I was just asking if any of the recipes from the trader are considered "more rare" since they don't drop on jobs that often. Also Thanks for the list of High level rare recipes.:D

delldell56

everything the trader has to offer can drop on jobs as long as you match the drop value. even higher level items from the gunshop that the trader doesn't carry (every weapon or gun from levels 11-15 --i.e. precise schofield, precise percussion rifle). also, every profession has a low value-high level recipe you won't see in your trader, that is very common and drops easily in silly jobs like felling trees or picking berries (no limitation on the job, just an example of how easy to get they are --i.e. dry meat, mix snake oil).

*edit*: a recipe that you consider doesn't drop on jobs often is not necessarily rare. it could be just your luck. for instance, there is a world where i have like 6 recipes to create a hilt, and another world where i've never found one. works like any other item. i have 7 washington irving knickboxers on w11, none on a world where i need them to become master of knickerboxers. 3 annie's on a world where i can't even find a huckleberry's slingshot. and i am talking findings, not trading.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I know about the drop rates that's a simple algorithm. I was asking about the overall drop rates and commonality of some of the recipes. For example the world I've been on since x-mas (Dakota) I have followed the market and World forums every day since joining and haven't seen certain recipes posted or advertised for. Again Thanks for the help ;)

DeletedUser

The trader sells nothing over 350. 400 recipes are rare, but 450 recipes are common because they're random product drops, at least on traveling merchant and break up gangs, but I haven't done enough white water to know if they drop there as well. 500 recipes are common because they drop on low luck jobs. Grind your way to 500 and there's a good chance you'll pick it up farming products on the way there. 525, 550, and $5k 600 recipes are rare. $10k recipes are common because they're steel box drops.

Summary:
50-350 common (don't buy for much more than the buy price)
400 rare (can be very costly, but you can get lucky on these or any other rare)
450 common (buy for the buy price)
500 common (buy price, but it's so low that paying double is still cheap)
525 and 550 rare (can be very costly, like easily $50-100k+, but also possible to get lucky.)
600 $5,000 rare (again $50-100k+ and can easily sell for more)
600 $10,000 common (usually available for the buy price)

A note on the 600s: you do need both. The lower priced one can be crafted once per week and you need four to craft the higher priced one.

Another note: on most worlds there's much less demand for master saddler recipes and they often sell for much lower.

One more note: on common recipes I'll still get impatient and buy them for 50% or maybe 100% over the buy price.

Last edited by a moderator: