Rejected Ranking alliances

Should ranking of the top alliances be added?

• Yes

Votes: 64 79.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have revisited this post and thought about the idea a little more

Title: Alliance Rankings

Proposal:
Since there are player rankings, and town and skills rankings and the hall of fame etc, what about a system for alliances, so people will be able to see where the Alliance ranks.

Details:
The rankings system would be based on the amount of points to the alliance.
Currently the town system uses points of the town, with the fort points member points, duel points , number of members and average level

The alliance rankings would use the following: (SOME SUGGESTIONS, NOT ALL NEEDED)
Total Town points: the total points of all the towns within the alliance.
Alliance dueling score: The total duel points from the towns added into one score for the alliance
Total amount of towns and members: basically what it says :)
Average town points: no real explanation needed, just works out the average points of all the towns within the alliance
Average member experience: average level for all members within the alliance.

another advantage would be you would be able to see all the current alliances, but then a disadvantage would be people linking towns to alliances for spying purposes
1288859307-870.png

Thanks to
Cowboy Lincoln
user_offline.gif

Stranger

for the picture_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

^I agree completely

Both with alliance ranking (in some format) and with hierarchy

DeletedUser22685

I was expecting alliance rankings to be brought in with the update :razz:

DeletedUser

agreed, its about time the west gave the rankings a major revision

DeletedUser23359

Feather this idea's Great!! STOP beeing grumpy and accept it!

Awsome idea buddy... this is surely needed
im sure the mods will get this up to the devs

DeletedUser22575

Alliance rankings are just like dueling rankings, they really don't mean much.

All alliance rankings really show is who can hug the most, not which alliance is really the best.

That said alliance rankings really wouldn't be much different than town rankings which don't mean they are the best town either...

My only question is with the control features would a town be able to leave an alliance at any time they wanted...or would they need "permission" to do so from the alliance leader?

DeletedUser23359

They can leave at any time.. But it even has a Clause in which you can say the reason

DeletedUser

I like San's suggest to that, with the freedom to leave and yeah that was going to be my response, but I don't think that the part where you can post why you left is as important. If you really want it to be known then just tell the leaders of the alliance.

So:

Yes to the freedom to leave without asking 'permission'

No to adding the, "tell 'em why" feature

Deleted User - 1278415

Feather this idea's Great!! STOP beeing grumpy and accept it!

Awsome idea buddy... this is surely needed
im sure the mods will get this up to the devs

Yea well I have to sell the idea to the Developers so the idea has to be crystal clear and if I dont see the idea then I'm not going to be able to get the idea thru to them.

I think originally I thought these ranking ideas were the same... Im now starting to grasp that it isnt that way... it was just similar naming reasons of why I merged the concepts.

I get Tom Paris's idea about rankings... done deal i like that. Tho I do see it being limited on older worlds that only have 2 or 3 alliances world wide. The list would be pointless. Example W4 Texas vs Mexico are the 2 alliances there.

Though I would see it as an opportunity to know who to attack and say oh your part of this alliance then we are going to only target your alliance because your ranked higher.

I can picture using the existing ranking screens we currently have for visual aids.

Yes I may sound grumpy but I dont want to present an idea and get asked questions on it and have to delay the idea another month. I like getting things hammered out the first time correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I first step before ranking alliances would be to have a chance to see what alliances there are and who is in them. Right now when you get invited to an alliance it just shows up that you were invited to alliance A. Unless the inviting town included a message you won't even know who started the alliance let alone the other towns in it.

Deleted User - 1278415

Ok cleaned up the thread so it is now just about rankings of alliances.

Seperate thread for Ranking within an Alliance has its own thread here

DeletedUser

thanks a million GF. Sorry about the wasted time for you. Didn't mean to make more work.

DeletedUser

I got to say im 50/50 on this idea, i can see why it would be great as players like to be able to see stats and rankings.
Though this isnt how I remember the west big alliances crushing everything in it's path !
It would be great if we just had fractions/companies.
So I don't know , if there was a 2.5 star that is what I would rank this thread but there isn't, this idea wouldnt really affect me so I will vote YES :)

Deleted User - 1278415

I like this concept better as I have to deal with it more and more... I like the notion of having known alliances to choose from in the rankings.

One of the biggest things I like about alliances to choose from to join is no longer the need for having a 2-3 letter tag on every town. Now I could have a town named just West End.... and not have to rename it FOM-West End... or GC-West End.

My only problem currently is I dont know which alliances exist.

The only negative I see for announcing which alliances exist makes it easy for spy towns to join in to an alliance and then post on the shared forum to their real allies of what they have learned.

DeletedUser22575

I like this concept better as I have to deal with it more and more... I like the notion of having known alliances to choose from in the rankings.

One of the biggest things I like about alliances to choose from to join is no longer the need for having a 2-3 letter tag on every town. Now I could have a town named just West End.... and not have to rename it FOM-West End... or GC-West End.

My only problem currently is I dont know which alliances exist.

The only negative I see for announcing which alliances exist makes it easy for spy towns to join in to an alliance and then post on the shared forum to their real allies of what they have learned.

I agree, would be helpful.

DeletedUser

i forgot about lol

anyway GF doesn't this spy thing happen anyway ?

Status
Not open for further replies.