rank 1° Horseback riding

DeletedUser20688

Welcome back, master of horseback riding

That's kind of like having a movement rate boost in Dungeons & Dragons.

DeletedUser20688

Ok let's avoid the spam and make the posting substantial. Otherwise this thread will just need to be closed, mkay?

DeletedUser

ok ok. I also decided to dedicate myself to horseback riding, having reached the sixth position in swimming

DeletedUser

Is this a spoiler? If so, feel free to change it as such...

When you start (or restart) you get a 'Greenhorn' bonus, which lets you move at RIDICULOUS speeds. What I do is, I buy me a Quarter Horse and a Donkey. I line up the NW-most town and the SE-most town, equip the best 'Speed' gear that I can (for such a low level) Equip the Quarter Horse, then set up 4 journeys and quickly UNEQUIP the Quarter-Horse. You quickly gain the 'I Would Walk 250,000 Miles...' achievement. You then do this AGAIN, by swapping the Quarter Horse for the Donkey to gain the 'King Of The Carrots' achievement, then finally do it AGAIN but keeping the Quarter Horse equipped. This way you manage to get ALL of the 'Travelling' achievements out of the way nice and quickly. :)

DeletedUser

Cool. I should say though - if anyone DOES use this when they restart - it STOPS when you reach Level 15. (As I found out on one of my restarts.)

DeletedUser4547

I am in the process of gaining the Marathon achievement. Walk 125000 miles. According to my stats, I walk @ 5 mph. Where I went to school, they learned me that 5 miles per hour x 4 hours is 20 miles. Upon arrival at my destination I checked my progress. It had increased from 93,610 miles to 113,279 miles for a total of 9,669 miles. I cannot complain about the progress, but I guess I will never understand the german form of arithmetic.

1Big Chief

Can we get an update? How has the update to 2.0 affected your degrees of HBR?

pls respond
There was definitely an improvement in speed... I used to be about 38mph max (+-900%) .. maybe just extra sudden points
Lvl 135 - Speed = 40mph (1010 %) Dueler Build in Indian Set (7/10 pieces).. so there should be faster
Horseback Riding has 218 Skill Points in it.. and I'm 3rd at this stage

I sure would like to know how fast Lugha travels :rolleyes: maybe double mine .. 80mph .. 2000% :eek: (will ask him lol)
And this 421 was while he was in mostly the Lover's Set.. so should go higher
0jSzKmB.png

I haven't bothered looking if there is any sets faster.. but I travel fast enough when needed :shootout: move it :donkey:

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

I am in the process of gaining the Marathon achievement. Walk 125000 miles. According to my stats, I walk @ 5 mph. Where I went to school, they learned me that 5 miles per hour x 4 hours is 20 miles. Upon arrival at my destination I checked my progress. It had increased from 93,610 miles to 113,279 miles for a total of 9,669 miles. I cannot complain about the progress, but I guess I will never understand the german form of arithmetic.

The distance measurement has never seemed to relate properly to your calculated speed, and those achievements have always been extremely easy to get. Oh, and for future reference, you can queue your travel using your fastest horse and unequip it immediately afterwards. It'll still count as walking, and you'll travel much faster. The same goes for the donkey and quarter horse achievements.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4547

The distance measurement has never seemed to relate properly to your calculated speed, and those achievements have always been extremely easy to get. Oh, and for future reference, you can queue your travel using your fastest horse and unequip it immediately afterwards. It'll still count as walking, and you'll travel much faster. The same goes for the donkey and quarter horse achievements.

I completed the walking. Gracie will carry me for as long as it takes to complete the King of the Carrots Then Belle and I will work on the quarterhorse part. I don't cheat.

DeletedUser22685

I completed the walking. Gracie will carry me for as long as it takes to complete the King of the Carrots Then Belle and I will work on the quarterhorse part. I don't cheat.

What happens if you find a second donkey or quarter horse and lose track of which ones are Gracie and Belle? You could even accidentally sell one of them. This is why it's never a good idea to get too attached to any of your animals.

DeletedUser4547

What happens if you find a second donkey or quarter horse and lose track of which ones are Gracie and Belle? You could even accidentally sell one of them. This is why it's never a good idea to get too attached to any of your animals.

The names live on. Had a good horse called Belle. She died. Never had a donkey, but if I ever get one, I will call it Gracie after me mother, cause she was as just as sweet and twice as hardheaded as any donkey.