Ranged Vs. Melee

DeletedUser14006

In anticipation of the new world, I seek answers to a few questions regarding dueling. Before I get into them all though, the two main questions I have to ask are:

Ranged Vs. Melee? Which is most successful really is melee even viable with the amount of dodge and aim gear I see around the place.

Dodge/Aim Vs. Resistance? Similarly and probably the same question asked above in a different way, is resistance a viable build anymore?

Thank you.

Al35ul

Way I like to go is melee when I am a low level then change to range when I'm higher.

I have seen it lots of times where aim/dodge duelers win against resistance simply because melees can't land a hit. It can also happen that melees get lucky and land one hit (more than enough) and win the duel. To be honest,due to the high impact of luck in duels, it's hard to give an answer to the question, more than 50% of dueling is down to plain luck.

asdf124

Way I like to go is melee when I am a low level then change to range when I'm higher.

I have seen it lots of times where aim/dodge duelers win against resistance simply because melees can't land a hit. It can also happen that melees get lucky and land one hit (more than enough) and win the duel. To be honest,due to the high impact of luck in duels, it's hard to give an answer to the question, more than 50% of dueling is down to plain luck.
I used to have a ranged resistance build when I was lower level.

DeletedUser33353

In anticipation of the new world, I seek answers to a few questions regarding dueling. Before I get into them all though, the two main questions I have to ask are:

Ranged Vs. Melee? Which is most successful really is melee even viable with the amount of dodge and aim gear I see around the place.

Dodge/Aim Vs. Resistance? Similarly and probably the same question asked above in a different way, is resistance a viable build anymore?

Thank you.

Pretty sure you can figure it out on your own derek. Glad to see you are still kicking around a bit.