P&P R.I.P. Viva the resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1121

“This world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.”

Ernest Hemingway

My friends, enemies (most of them i consider friends as well) and others reading this thread,

World one is constantly developing in different directions. It is the world most of us see as their home at the-west.net. We all build it like it is this day. It is a nice world which we would hate to leave. So i am not leaving. I will continue to fight, fight for the things we believe in. Fight for our friends who have fought at our sides for so long.

But things are going to change. things need to change. There is a deadlock on this world which cannot be defeated by going around in circles. It is time for some drastic measures.

Friends have come and gone. New friends have different views on old issues and we are divided to the very core. My town has started the VIVA alliance because we believed in an idea, a philosophy. But even before that, my town Hoof Hearted, had a vision on it's own. We would never be controlled by an alliance. VIVA was a group of friends who shared the same ideas, the same views on the game. We were the resistance because we believed we needed to overthrow an imperial enemy which would have trouble with the structure we had in minds. But as time went along, we grew into a diplomatic machine. Looking for allies who would help us in our quest. We got mixed up with these allies so much we lost our own identity. What my town, the founders of VIVA always feared, happened. We were owned by an alliance. The alliance we created with our own hands.

Too long have we discussed matters like the non multi treaty, ways to communicate and give orders, plans to overthrow the enemy. Plans which got us not a step closer. So the question we all have been waiting for was finally put up in the Hoof Hearted forum: "Why do we keep this alliance?" We at Hoof Hearted feel that as the creators of the VIVA alliance we have the right and power to kill it.

We want to go back to our original selves.
Play this game for the fun part of it.
Play this game with friends instead of allies.

So it happened: The Viva the resistance alliance has been deleted.

Does this change anything for all the towns who joined VIVA? Not much if you ask me. Yeah, the shared forum will be gone, the alliance name will be gone. But the idea behind the original alliance will stay. I am sure we will have each others back when needed. Help will always be offered to friends who ask for it. But we also need the space to tell people with different opinions to find their own way. We will stay true to our believes.

The resistance is not dead, it will continue to exist as long as world one does. Just not as visible as it has been lately. We will try to find ways to control the world. Everyone is welcome at Hoof Hearted.

All former members are free to do as they wish. If you feel like teaming up with us, let me know.
If you decide to join another alliance, it is your choice.

Last thing, never forget to have fun. It is the core of every game and the only thing that will give you the long breath you need to make you character a success. If you feel multi attacks on forts are fun, i am not going to stop you. But always think about the long run.

Viva la resistance!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

Good to see you taking a stance against the minority of people who eeked their way into the viva alliance, hopefully the scurge of NBA and WTA will become a thing of the past.

If we can get back to having honest and fair single maxed out fights then it will be great, from now on we must all make the decision to boycott multi battle offenses.

By all means if someone launches a multi battle from outside of the V2 or VIVA alliance then defend but as long as nobody joins the attackers then they will soon get the message that world one does not want multi battles!

DeletedUser1121

The agreement we had still stands for my town. At this moment i can't speak for any other town.

Folks wishing to join Hoof Hearted in a quest for a fair and fun fight, know where they can find me.

DeletedUser7321

Good to see you taking a stance against the minority of people who eeked their way into the viva alliance, hopefully the scurge of NBA and WTA will become a thing of the past.

If we can get back to having honest and fair single maxed out fights then it will be great, from now on we must all make the decision to boycott multi battle offenses.

By all means if someone launches a multi battle from outside of the V2 or VIVA alliance then defend but as long as nobody joins the attackers then they will soon get the message that world one does not want multi battles!

Are you kidding?

V2 got out smarted and tried to claim that viva started a multi, which they didn't. Then they got mad about losing and started the biggest multi I have ever seen.

Now, as usual, they have tried to go back to the "rules" when it suits them. The multi treaty has always been a joke and will remain a joke. It is a case of the biggest guy in the room bullying everyone else. Apparently few have the guts to stand up for what is right.

Good riddance Viva. You were apparently worthless anyway.

Now it is up to the rest to decide if they will cower in the corner and play according to whatever rules V2 decides to set for that day, or are you going to PLAY?

This world is burning, what are you going to do?

JLMEMT/Jason

DeletedUser1121

Fun to see someone post a comment who not so long ago was in VIVA.
Never heard you in there with any comments or suggestions on how things could have been handled.

Always easy to shout from the side isn't it?
Why don't you step up and show how it is done instead of saying it is up to the rest?

Be a man and take responsibility.

DeletedUser7321

Viva was not my alliance. I had no leadership role.

I give my opinion when it is asked for, and sometimes like now if it is needed.

The town I am currently in, which is not mine and I am not a founder in, had not accepted the chat forum. I did not know that until yesterday. Kind of hard to weigh in when I cannot see the discussion, don't you think?

I don't really want to spend the time to run an alliance, but it seems maybe I will have to. Someone has to show some guts around here.

I do respect the fact that you finally realized that an alliance of alliances was bound to fail and pulled the plug. Even though it would have been kind of nice if you would have given some notice so that all of your former people weren't left high and dry!

DeletedUser14029

I will be frank - yes I will be frank, and tell you guys & gals how I see things.

if you all remember, there was once a time when -TW- & -SB- got footholds ACROSS the world. They hold the majority of large forts.Their influence was immense. Then lokiju initiated the Christmas multi-battle, and large forts were stormed across the world.
After Christmas, there was ANOTHER multi, and Hoof Hearted lost the large fort in its own county AGAIN, this time for good. But we weren't really dismayed. We still get to fight in the Miesta fort battles. Although the forts were really taken by multi - the Defense battles were full-house vs hordes of attackers. ONE, SINGLE, BATTLE.

Yet there was also a time when Miesta would multi -TW- & -SB-, then those in the former resistance unit will help defend his forts. I myself was one of those Defenders. To us, its oooo-kay as we're not the ones doing the attacking. Just defending. But we ALSO know its a loophole in the whole treaty - simply because Miesta was left out of the bargain and it was a freelance alliance, Defended by us, and at its pleasure to attack.

and after all the turmoil, we see people come and go -
then a NEW treaty is drawn up. Again, 1 vs 1 battles. It worked out o-kay, not at its best (seeing we lost Forts because we were too lazy to defend at times), acceptable, however.

And somehow I begin to see hordes of Multis lately. Not a fun sight. I don't see things as clearly as you all - but I will stick by Hoof Hearted's path.

Hope no one finds this boring >.<

DeletedUser7321

Pro,

Thank you for your side. I will say that I was not involved in early fort fights or alliances, I was here just not involved, so my past is much more recent than some of you. That does give it a different view.

I was never involved in the early multi battles or the treaties. I ended up having to accept them by joining an alliance who join another alliance who had some members who had agreed to it. And I stuck by it, even though I never liked it. Then I watched V2 bend the rules, as usual, to suit their need for advantage and domination.

I did speak up, to my intermediate leaders. Chain of command so to speak. That is why poor Desi didn't hear from me directly. As if he would have listened anyway. :D

DeletedUser14006

I am not going to waste my time entertaining JLMEMT and his posts here.

I am simply asking here for everybody in V2 to keep up the good work and remember, no multi battles.

I am also asking everybody who decides to work with Desi to refrain from multi battles.

Anyone else outside of these two groups initiating multibattle attacks shoud be shunned and nobody from either side turn up to the attacks and instead show their support for the multi battle treaty by instead helping out the other group.

For instance if somebody like JLMEMT in his bitterness decides to launch against Desi and his group then I will urge the alliance V2 to step up and defend with Desi and in return I would be hoping for the same.

This seems the only clear way to enfore the message that world one does not want multi battles!

DeletedUser24405

I second everything JLMEMT said. Some kind of NOTICE to everybody who has been loyal to the alliance WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE. *tips hat and turns back on Desi*

DeletedUser24405

Yeah, easy for you to say that, Derek, when you are sitting all cozy with approx. 80% of the forts in this world. I can guarantee you that how you got that way was by dirty tricks and multiple attacks. Then when somebody finally got big enough to challenge you, you cry babies cried "FOUL! No fair! You can't wage multiple fort attacks on us! WAAAAAAA!"

DeletedUser14006

The majority of our forts have been won fairly over the last two years Marley, I cannot say all as no doubt there must have been the odd multi battle success at some point, just as there has been for your side, so what is your point?

And so you are saying that you want to sacrifice fun battles for ranking?

DeletedUser14006

I am confused Marley, what are you talking about as I seriously have no clue.

DeletedUser7321

I am not going to waste my time entertaining JLMEMT and his posts here.

I am simply asking here for everybody in V2 to keep up the good work and remember, no multi battles.

I am also asking everybody who decides to work with Desi to refrain from multi battles.

Anyone else outside of these two groups initiating multibattle attacks shoud be shunned and nobody from either side turn up to the attacks and instead show their support for the multi battle treaty by instead helping out the other group.

For instance if somebody like JLMEMT in his bitterness decides to launch against Desi and his group then I will urge the alliance V2 to step up and defend with Desi and in return I would be hoping for the same.

This seems the only clear way to enfore the message that world one does not want multi battles!

Yeah Derek, why address the truth when you can ignore it right?

Shunning multis, except when you can get away with it, is the only way you can retain superiority. Why did your people launch about 6 attacks they other day if all multis should be shunned?

I am not bitter, and do not intend to launch against Desi. The day may come where we have to fight anyone who is not with us, but that is long off I think if ever.

That's fine Derek, you and some former viva go sing and cuddle together. The rest of us will play the game.

DeletedUser14006

That's fine Derek, you and some former viva go sing and cuddle together. The rest of us will play the game.

Every other world in this game plays by the same rules as we do as everybody knows how awful multi battles are, you are on your own with this one ;)

DeletedUser7321

Every other world in this game plays by the same rules as we do as everybody knows how awful multi battles are, you are on your own with this one ;)

Yeah, awful unless they are in YOUR best interests. That is what you meant to say, right? How many have been initiated with your blessing?

What is the chance of a smaller alliance getting any forts away from you in a 1:1 fight? Oh yeah, that is the point isn't it? Funny how the multi rule didn't come about until you had a majority control of forts and towns.

DeletedUser2217

I hate these forums for various reasons, but feel compelled to add my view here...

The vast majority of v2 is vehemently against multi attacks. I hate them and think they signal nothing but trouble over the longer term - players get tired of it, lose enthusiasm for fort battles and drift away from the game. v2 has not gained forts through multi attacks. In the face of repeated violations of what was admittedly a rapidly unraveling treaty many in v2 have become extremely frustrated and keen to respond in kind, launching multis on EC, WWPA, NBA - those responsible for the transgressions.

I have called for restraint, as have others, but eventually Jakkals launched a series the other day in such a way as to not involve those who still adhered to the treaty. He was angry at losing his fort to a multi, and angry that EC, RR and others were able to have their cake and eat it - using the treaty when it suited them but conveniently sidestepping it to their own gain. In the end, the attacks were not supported and players were asked to defend the counters instead. Reaction to Jakkals' attacks within v2 were mixed, but the outcome - I think - is really just a strengthening of distaste for multis. We just do not want them.

I wholeheartedly respect Desi's stance on this and look forward to fighting Hoof Hearted and their associates in future in single battles. That last longer than 5 rounds. That give everyone more than 96 exp points. That are fun. I would hope that Derek's suggestion is welcomed and that we can find some common ground here; can defend multi attacks together and refuse to participate in attacking in them. That way, those that would still use this miserable strategy will find no reward in it and give it up.

Soapbox over.
m

DeletedUser7321

MW,

I am not fond of these forums either, hence my post count. Desi opened this can of worms for me and mailed about it or I never would have known it was here. That was the only notice of the disolution of the alliance, after it was done.

As for WWPA I can not leave that one alone. WWPA was accused of starting a multi the other day, it did not. Some small unaffiliated town dug a fight on V2. I could find no one that knew him, it was not a WWPA attack, but V2 claimed it was. WWPA did launch one attack. V2 had also launched an attack on a WWPA ally fort. The ally fort was sucessfully defended and the V2 fort was taken. I don't know what happened in the other attack, it wasn't ours. That is when V2 realized that they would lose a fort and started whining. They then launched the multi that you have spoken of. From my view, on the fringes of one side, it has been quite one sided.

I have not observed a true multi by WWPA, who never agreed to the treaty by the way but lived with it after they joined viva who did. I have observed several against WWPA, which are always denied by V2. This has been building for quite some time.

I could have lived with the multi thing if it was truely fair and observed by all, but that has not been the case.

DeletedUser6227

Yeah, easy for you to say that, Derek, when you are sitting all cozy with approx. 80% of the forts in this world. I can guarantee you that how you got that way was by dirty tricks and multiple attacks. Then when somebody finally got big enough to challenge you, you cry babies cried "FOUL! No fair! You can't wage multiple fort attacks on us! WAAAAAAA!"

i think you spent too much time in tom paris's alliance and now run dma in a similar way marley...

Status
Not open for further replies.