R.I.P Dueling!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32882
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I must agree with some of what Vic is saying!

When i left the game Duellers were the bane of my life being a fort fighter, but nuggets soon kicked them into touch.

I'de Finish a fort fight and nugget it to a bed in less than 10 mins .

Now its Nuggets ,Nuggets, Nuggets, Nuggets, Nuggets or them Hard to get petty UP bonds if you can get them (with the option to use nuggets with every click of the mouse now) !

Its not The West anymore ,more like Gold Rush !

Hi infiniti99 (greetings to the Old Man), Bye dgorsk happy hunting mate.

DeletedUser23737

Dueling

I remember the good old dueling days... where one town could go to war with another town, all full of emotion and enthusiasm. Where everyone had to band together to win. :cool:

Where you could turn up at a town's saloon and smash the entire town... putting them into KO and causing a riot. :mad:

When other town members could follow my trail of pain by checking in the enemy' mortician and seeing the writing on the wall. 'Black Max was here'.

When tough as nail duelers could meet a player who would grind their bones some with a unique build... and then you could 'tip your hat' to them, acknowledging that they knew their dueling craft well.

When it took effort and dedication to be a zero mot dueler. :mad:

When there were no 'weapons of mass destruction' or skills or potions that could be paid for to give some player's an unfair advantage.

Best of all, was when you could upset someone, that they would form a posse and come hunt you down... only to find out that your reputation was spot on.. and it was their tails that stayed firmly between their legs. :)

Those were the days... when 300,000+ players could be found on the west.

Infin and Dgorsk (except for our disagreement on W15)... you two are good dudes... and I miss you both already.

HelenBack

Umm... Could we please stop the trolling and get this thread back on topic..? The topic is the death of dueling... not who can build the best town.
:rolleyes:

I hope that Inno opens their eyes and reads what their loyal customer base has been saying... Everything is turning to forts... forts... forts... I'm personally sick of forts. I'll still go and help where I'm needed, but I'd rather be camping a town like the "old days"...
:hmf:

DeletedUser16008

I remember the good old dueling days... where one town could go to war with another town, all full of emotion and enthusiasm. Where everyone had to band together to win. :cool:

Where you could turn up at a town's saloon and smash the entire town... putting them into KO and causing a riot. :mad:

When other town members could follow my trail of pain by checking in the enemy' mortician and seeing the writing on the wall. 'Black Max was here'.

When tough as nail duelers could meet a player who would grind their bones some with a unique build... and then you could 'tip your hat' to them, acknowledging that they knew their dueling craft well.

When there were no 'weapons of mass destruction' or skills or potions that could be paid for to give some player's an unfair advantage.

Best of all, was when you could upset someone, that they would form a posse and come hunt you down... only to find out that your reputation was spot on.. and it was their tails that stayed firmly between their legs. :)

Infin and Dgorsk (except for our disagreement on W15)... you two are good dudes... and I miss you both already.

*wipes away a tear with eyes all misty*

I think Max the West became "civilised" :(

What we need is an old fashioned reservation world for dueling with no bells and whistles and a rollback before feb 2010, four sectors big would do me, id hang up my gun and pull out my worn blade again that hangs above the fireplace in memory of times gone past ;)....

ahhh those were indeed the days, the likes of which we will never see again. :tumble:

Aye Helen id not miss forts now ive had a belly full of them, this ol grizzled general hankers for the days on his horse and dueling in the streets of a town when all there was were the saloon and street and people always knew where to find you.... waiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Oa2tLrWqY&feature=related :shootout:

DeletedUser14793

hrm... i didnt know talking about dueling was off topic in a thread about dueling.

HelenBack

hrm... i didnt know talking about dueling was off topic in a thread about dueling.

The posts about who could build the best have been deleted... Thankfully.

I wanna go back to the good old days where forts were just a myth... Saddle up... ride to a town... and paint the town red. Any possibility of making a world like that..? Even the fort fighters may be happy about that since most of the real duelers would be focusing their attention in the "Good Ol' Days Duelin' World" instead of the fort-fighting worlds. Maybe merge all the old worlds into two worlds.... One with forts... One with NO forts... Each person could decide which world they wanted to go to (or both). Hmmm... Probably just dreaming again... but I'm gonna hold onto that thought.
:cool:

DeletedUser32882

Or the winner of a duel can have the chance to get bonds from the other guy:1 bond for winning,2 for ko....or based on misses, hits,dmg....idk exactly what to do but they need to move NOW.

DeletedUser

+1, If only we could have those days back instead of the nonsense we have now.

DeletedUser25480

so your saying you found howdah's gun by milling grain then?? :rolleyes:

nope and i dont even own the gun so not sure where that came from... also the fact they are auctionable means players without premium can acquire them.

DeletedUser11353

Reading this thread brings up memories.. Good thing I left. :razz:

On the topic, duelers should actually do rather well in forts with decent clothing due to points put in aim & dodge, especially those with AP in str. Don't know what is everybody complaining about, you chose to duel trough the game so it's your pick, don't moan about it. Almost every game has specializations, and so does this one. If you don't like it you can always respec. :)

DeletedUser16008

Reading this thread brings up memories.. Good thing I left. :razz:

On the topic, duelers should actually do rather well in forts with decent clothing due to points put in aim & dodge, especially those with AP in str. Don't know what is everybody complaining about, you chose to duel trough the game so it's your pick, don't moan about it. Almost every game has specializations, and so does this one. If you don't like it you can always respec. :)

ooo looky whos back to share his wisdom ?

I already fort and dont need to respec, never did to be better than you at both :razz:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11353

Love you too, Vic. ;P

That was directed for the OP, but you sure still whine too much as well.

*wanders off*

DeletedUser33353

Wow....I do not often read these posts...but, when I do the names always amaze me.
Yes, dueling has been nerfed...No challenge anymore. I find my pleasures in picking blueberries alot nowadays. Forting was nerfed by the bond thingy, but that is just my opinion. But instead of whining about it, or threatening deletion, what can be done about it?

DeletedUser

But instead of whining about it, or threatening deletion, what can be done about it?
1. Join and participate in Beta
2. Develop, and/or participate in the development of, proposals introduced in the Ideas & Brainfarts section.
3. Vote on proposals presented in the Development section.
4. Write a brief, respectful, knowledge-based letter to Innogames indicating your recommendations (not your gripes).
5. Become employed with Innogames and make recommendations as a staff member.

DeletedUser

Yes maybe a classic world with the classic premium without forts would be a nice breath of fresh air. I do miss the old days where alliances consisted of two or three towns, towns would declare war on each other, and there was more town interaction than you have now thanks to big alliances where instead of being one out of 45 people in a town you are 1 out of 500 in an alliance.

You knew your townmembers more personally back then, and you backed them up with hit squads and coordinated saloon attacks to keep your enemies KO'd 48 hours after 48 hours.

DeletedUser20147

You knew your townmembers more personally back then, and you backed them up with hit squads and coordinated saloon attacks to keep your enemies KO'd 48 hours after 48 hours.

You can still have that if you steer clear of the big alliances. There are a lot of towns and players who do precisely for that reason. I have been part of a big alliance a couple times and found it horrible experience in every way each time, so whenever somebody starts talking about let's join this or that mega-alliance I wake up to say no way!

The downside to this is of course the fact that individual towns or mini-alliances are dueling towns with few or no forts nor ambitions of ever getting them. Active fort fighters might not have no other chance but to be in the mega alliance.