R.I.P Dueling!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32882
  • Start date

DeletedUser33353

To true, just remember to be nice to Lady Luck.....and she will help u win your duels.

DeletedUser

Luck factor!

I hate when it happens!!! This is so random, I'd like to know what's the new duel fomula! :mad:

PS: I didn't lost duel motivation tho, is that some kind of bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

PS: I didn't lost duel motivation tho, is that some kind of bug?

Lost NPC duels have never lowered motivation, or at least not for a couple years since I first noticed it.

And NPC duels have never seemed to follow the same rules as player duels. NPCs with 0 aim have always been able to hit much more frequently than a player would. I don't think it has anything to do with the dueling changes. It also seems like the outcome of NPC duels is affected by your build. I do better in NPC duels with pure trading than I do with fort fighters who have decent aim and dodging, though they're easiest if you're specced for dueling.

DeletedUser

Huh, so, there's differents formula for pvp duels and npc duels, why they never told us about this before?Anyways, it means that npc duels are even more random them pvp duels, maybe that's the reason why they don't lower your motivation when you lost one... :no:

DeletedUser22685

I'd say they don't lower your motivation when you lose because it would be too easy to get to 0 motivation. Although if any 0 mot can't beat a few NPCs they probably should look into a different career.

DeletedUser15699

Calculated this guys dodge and aim based on his resistance and his damage in a duel. So he manages to hit me with 3 times lower aim than my dodge. And i manage to land a hit about as many times as he does but my aim is 3 times greater than his dodge. Not to mention tactics and appearance. WTF even if he ain't dodging and his attack value is doubled he shouldn't have hit me so many times. Inno you are horrible. Haha i'm boycotting Dakota :p

DeletedUser32160

Dueling is never boring for me.Love it and don't care if i win or lose I just click duel tab.:p

DeletedUser15699

Dueling is never boring for me.Love it and don't care if i win or lose I just click duel tab.:p
Yeah yeah Sweatyguy, keep telling yourself that. Wasn't that you ,who threw a child out the window after you lost a fort.:p Just a joke.:laugh:

DeletedUser16008

lol xp dueler went up 182 duel levels...

0 mot dueler went up 76 levels....

OK thats balanced .... not :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Once again it just shows complete incompetence, they are so bad now it's just laughable.
Love the way everyone is automatically awake with the update.
I feel sorry for most players, they went to sleep with no prior knowledge the update was coming (another screw up) and when they next log on they find they are in v2 and ko'd.....:laugh:

DeletedUser

I am zero mot and I went up almost 100 levels (from 220-> 314)to in the update and then went up another 13 levels dueling NPCs to get back to zero mod. Inno told us they had to triple xp because of the short jobs but it wouldn't effect us because they tripled the xp needed to level. If that was true then no ones dueling level should have gone up. So they fed us a bunch of bull....again.

Ignore players dissatisfaction with changes, lie about the effects of the changes, tell everyone to get use to it, send out deceptive press releases, keep everyone in the dark about as much as possible until the surpise launch of 2.0, and the list goes on.
Could inno be more useless? Hard to imagine.

DeletedUser16008

I am zero mot and I went up almost 100 levels (from 220-> 314)to in the update and then went up another 13 levels dueling NPCs to get back to zero mod. Inno told us they had to triple xp because of the short jobs but it wouldn't effect us because they tripled the xp needed to level. If that was true then no ones dueling level should have gone up. So they fed us a bunch of bull....again.

Ignore players dissatisfaction with changes, lie about the effects of the changes, tell everyone to get use to it, send out deceptive press releases, keep everyone in the dark about as much as possible until the surpise launch of 2.0, and the list goes on.
Could inno be more useless? Hard to imagine.

Can you clarify this bit in bold is CERTAIN ? if so this is massive, more so than the xp raise.

DeletedUser25606

the new duel system where it push's the build aim/dodge came out before fort shops , in my opinion to make purchasing health potions more attractive to buy.
a build that to be competative needs high aim/dodge has to lack in hp..so potions are a must, they've set up a high damage high luck system for marketing.
now with the motivation & massive xp , i think there looking for high lvl , very high dueling lvl players that will buy a lot from the fort shop,that its a poor system has nothing to do with , its money over gameplay.
It's 2.0 , there making a facebook game, why care about your exsisting player base when the games engineered for a whole new one, complain all you like , no one cares

DeletedUser20147

Does the changes in the dueling level mean that we now have narrower dueling range as well, or was the scope heightened accordingly?

DeletedUser16008

Does the changes in the dueling level mean that we now have narrower dueling range as well, or was the scope heightened accordingly?

Good question Morgan.

Previous system was very simple

Max = Duel level * 1.4
Min = Duel level / 1.4

Seems after checking thats pretty much as it is now.

PS

Still want to know if npc affects the duel lvl

DeletedUser

Can you clarify this bit in bold is CERTAIN ? if so this is massive, more so than the xp raise.

I'll clarify it. He's mistaken. Dueling NPCs still doesn't raise DL.

Dakota: 21 NPC duels, 0 dueling XP, +0 DL.

j84v1.png