R.I.P Dueling!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32882
  • Start date

DeletedUser34091

This post started from game killing duelers and ending in arguing about what's the dullest thing.

The dullest thing in here is that you have no more dull choices.There were many choices.

-You could become a worker and build build build build.... after you are done building building you can just click once again build the skyscraper to reach God,
OR become a fort fighter so you won't quit the game (you still have that cooooool bonus).

-You could become an adventures doing quests and get some awesome gear that could be used at the fort battles (mostly), or trying to find out a way so that you be able to do all works without reskilling,
OR become a fort fighter so you won't quit the game (you still have that cooooool bonus).

-You could become a dueler and duel everyday (when not fainted) try next time to change your stances so you be lucky and avoid some bullets. But after reaching your duelling lvl to un-reachable just wander to find anyone to duel (since many duellers have quit)

-You could not become a fort fighter from the beginning but now you can be one so that you keep spending your money to be better next time, to buy buffs, to reskill for some quests so you get better,........

OR you can quit....

But i don't want to quit. I have met new ppl, made new friends and spent so much money that make me not admit the waste of money, so I have to find a reason to play.

I think that's the most boring thing in this game

It's true, fort fighters rule at this point the game, but they are something like extra, an add-on to this game. The main character was dueler, it can't be pushed aside.
Inno should have built more on duelers but dueling wont make you buy nuggets so they have to promote ff's that's why there is no buff used for duelling.

Why don't they make duelers try for something like fort battles but using dueling skills?

They should make something like raids.
A group of duelers raid an enemy town and steal money from banks (not ppl deposits). money which can be used to make fort battles, repairing town from raid, repairing forts from battles. Fort battles should become more expensive as it is really expensive making a war. I think they should raise them like 30-50 times up.

There can be defending duelers who can take hostages and take ransom from attackers (or else attacking town takes dmg to town buildings for example).
Workers can repair damages, adventurers can find resources for building up - repairing damaged town and fort buildings.

so it would be really hard for a town without workers and adventurers too. Every character should have a vital role in this game.

There can be more than one kind of raids. Raid a stagecoach similar to small fort, raid a train as medium fort and raid town as big fort. The loot could be shared to towns participated to the raid, depending the damage or another factor done during the raid.

well its just a general idea. it can be worked up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dueling is now inconsistent at best. I have been thinking of changing to a fort fighter but I may just quit instead. I am kinda just holding on in hopes inno change it back to the old dueling system. I really liked dueling...

DeletedUser

Just wanted to ask something !

You get bonds from fort fighting, daily tasks and working ye ?

Why not give a few as a reward to the poor dueller who uses his 150 energy to duel till the death every day ?

A random bond or 5 for a duel would make things seem like they are worth it al least !

?

DeletedUser

Dueling can be somewhat of a hard path, even after the update. What I would recomend is try to make some money that way and get some decent equipment to do jobs with.

DeletedUser16628

Yup those were the days.Like Vic said a rollback before Feb 2010 a real wild west world limited premium.I'll strap on the gun belt again.Hey cobra sorry to be off topic but dueling is in this conversation.

DeletedUser

you all are talking about the duelers as if the critical hit they get in fort battles is not enough plus they go around hitting poor workers who cant defend themselves and if you increase the price of fort fighting the activity of the world will definitely die because once you reach level 120 nothing else to do to fort fight and maybe try to solve hard quest or go full mode crafting. The game as it is favors some classes than the other but at the moment to me the dueler class i ok. You cant eat your cake and have it

DeletedUser16008

you all are talking about the duelers as if the critical hit they get in fort battles is not enough plus they go around hitting poor workers who cant defend themselves and if you increase the price of fort fighting the activity of the world will definitely die because once you reach level 120 nothing else to do to fort fight and maybe try to solve hard quest or go full mode crafting. The game as it is favors some classes than the other but at the moment to me the dueler class i ok. You cant eat your cake and have it

We arnt talking about the class "dueller" we are talking about duelling.. yknow that little button you use to to duel another player... try reading the thread properly

DeletedUser19165

Hellstromm
user_offline.gif

Boss of the Plains

Total posts : 8,564
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

icon1.gif

It really doesn't matter how long you've played, or how good you think you are. When you are ready to quit a game, the common path is a dramatic one. In fact, the longer someone has played, the more likely they will be dramatic. This is partly because of the addiction of gaming and the need to go to extremes in order to break that addiction

Thanks for that HS but unfortunately you are wrong as I'm not dramatic, just bored now that being a pure bred dueler is just a roll of the dice and no longer about the skill of the build. Like many main long standing characters before me I am in the process of selling my gear because the new changes have made the game...boring for duelers.

See ya!

DeletedUser

people keep saying that dueling is in-consistent and luck based, try the resistance build. There's no luck in it all, simply avoid the higher vigor/shooters and your fine. (at least from my experience the past week)

canufeelit

i think in the next few weeks you'll discover the "no hit syndrome". and the higher your duel level the more likely you will come up against players with enough shoot or vigor to overcome you.

the secret to luck dueling is making your own luck :cool:

DeletedUser

Funny thing is it is the resistant builds which get hit quite hard. Its simple pay nuggets and you will win most duels.

canufeelit

your nugget fascination is misguided in this instance. the only nugg/bond buffs are hp for recovery. duel buffs are bought with in game $$$. or mates :cowboy:

DeletedUser

What are you on about I am pretty sure you can buy skill points with nuggets to boost your stats. You can buy chests and sell the items and buy the best dueling gear. You can buy 1k nuggets and reskill completely. Tell me how I'm misguided then?

DeletedUser

What are you on about I am pretty sure you can buy skill points with nuggets to boost your stats. You can buy chests and sell the items and buy the best dueling gear. You can buy 1k nuggets and reskill completely. Tell me how I'm misguided then?

heh, if someone goes through all that trouble spending so much nuggets so he/she can cope with me (a total nuggetless player), then i think i've won ;)

DeletedUser31397

Funny thing is it is the resistant builds which get hit quite hard. Its simple pay nuggets and you will win most duels.

You were talking about resistance build, so reskilling completley doesn't make sense. Yes, you can buy chests and items you get from them you can sell, and you can get plenty of money. And what to do with it? Buy the best gear for your build and continue dueling. Or maybe reskill for every other duel?

DeletedUser

What I'm saying is the devs played a clever tactic (I don't blame them) to get players to buy more nuggets by changing the dueling system completely. Players will now try to get the best duelling gear, the best buffs for duels, the best skill distribution for duels and one very easy way to do it is nuggets.

DeletedUser31397

What I'm saying is the devs played a clever tactic (I don't blame them) to get players to buy more nuggets by changing the dueling system completely. Players will now try to get the best duelling gear, the best buffs for duels, the best skill distribution for duels and one very easy way to do it is nuggets.

I agree, new tactic is to get players to spend more nuggets. But, after the devs changed the dueling system, they gave free reskilling for all duelers on TW, and best dueling gear didn't change significantly. And as for the buffs, canufeelit already mentioned it, you can't buy duel buffs with nuggets; only energy/ HP/ speed/ fort fighting ones.

DeletedUser16008

If you know dueling you know its mostly now all about a good stance guess, good server luck roll and keeping duel lvl low with as much top gear as is possible.

Thats about it...