R.I.P Dueling!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32882
  • Start date

DeletedUser16008

You misunderstood my post Victor. I said boring comes from the attitude of the players, not from the game.

One directly affects the other no ?

This game used to be full of characters but most have long gone, did their absence make the game boring or did the game bore them into leaving ? leaving what ? a load of boring clones in the main.

DeletedUser31397

I got news for you HS,

If you think dueling is boring youd better take a look at the rest of the game, watching paint dry is more fun.;)

The whole game is and always was boring and inno has slowly been bringing dueling down to that level, click a spot come back an hr later for a stupid item, walk here walk there .... waste an hr of you time waiting for a shop to level... then oh great inno in the sky decided to start making duelers walk an hr for a duel.... have a belles that outclasses everything at a 1/3 of the way through the game nerf this nerf that have the best weapon in the game before your 1/2 though it... now what ? mmmm nothing really either pay nuggets and hope you get an even better one or tough luck.... tell you what not content with all that lets reduce every dueler who gives a rats gown to one simple build yea ? yea lets just make it so everyone can win a duel and base it on luck ... great idea. The result ? loads and I mean loads of duelers quit changed build and generally couldnt be bothered any longer. These are players that had bothered when it was exciting to the point where it really was a wild west and towns were a hot bed ... you either learnt how to duel and protect your townies or you were in trouble.... made something worth fighting for.

This game hasnt been progressing its been regressing ..... want another example ? np

Alliances and game chat and friends etc etc..... in a word pals...... when your friends with the whole world and you even yap away to your enemy politely you get no mails of hatred... Inno certainly helped there they've made everyone pals.... not much point in hate mailing your pals now is there ? group hug anyone ? its forced me on certain worlds to actually artificially create enemies and really upset players id rather not just to motivate... but hey thats the price of trying to keep an older world alive now. Inno killed the excitement and made everybody PALS... nice one.

Another example of boring ? np

Forts, There was a time forts were something worth doing....... inno could have really done something with the varied guns and make them key with different abilities... there used to be different strategies, I know this and so does world 9 and 10 where forts were born .....nothing much done to improve forts since.... fort skills are a waste of time and always were imo, ive never had a fort build and im always in the top 10% damage on my side in a battle... so much for fort skills...... then inno failed to address tanks mistake 1.... introduced the golden gun and made a stupid stacking rule... mistake no 2 .... introduced the dueler class bonus giving 1 class top billing every single fort 2 years after people had class chosen for forts on some worlds... thanks for that you muppets mistake 3.....not content with all that at some not too distant update inno messed with the fort AI .... now there is no varied strategy in forts for older worlds with offliners they all lemming onto the back wall when set for a tower ... and no it never used to do that so dont try to tell me it did.... as a result forts on older worlds are now insanely boring mistake 4.... Now inno has seen fit to exchange boxes for a few bits of paper a battle woohoo, seriously ? .... well guess what Inno you numbskulls thats mistake 5

Now lets see what we have gotten to make things more varied.....pretty new graphics all the time, lots of quests, lots of easier ways to play the game, lots of better items so noobs can do anything much easier... reduce the dueling variations to one... give uber weapons useable before the games half completed, give one class a fort supremacy every battle... sanitise forts so offline AI is now pretty much useless.Made duelers who played the game for the 10 mins on then off again into hrs of walking ...Allow pay to play nugget buying ... CC gaming rules....stop advertising the game and keep all profits. Inno ya even ruined W1 as a classic ... they have made this game so simple & so easy you can do lvl 35 in a week without trying and a belles by week 2.... seriously you think this isnt pathetic ? no wonder its boring ... attn span of a gnat some people then they are gone anyway.

Yea HS i can honestly say this game was far far better and interesting and in its own way re dueling at least varied in the first year... since then as DF says its all pretty much been a load of bells and whistles and no real substance... talk about boring ? when you realise your lovely Corvett on the outside is actually a VW engine under the bonnet youll eventually start looking for a new car.

There is no group mentality HS, nor are you gonna pin this on players like me... bottom line is inno has been a crap developer as games go, hasnt done a thing about real substance to this game since forts and has basically sanitised them too with stupid updates... the game is dying because of bad developing decisions, terrible updates with no real substance, ripping off customers, lack of advertising and basic greed to max profits asap.

There i think thats about it for the rant....:p

PS. meh its noobs like this that say .. oo do something else or quit blah blah.. well guess what nooblet ... I do fort fighting with my pure duel build on w10 and guess what Einstein im #1 top fort fighter there so dont try and tell me theres anything to fort builds ...players are quitting in droves ... gonna be real fun to play in the church sandpit with your other builder friends, as for respect ? that's earnt not through posting stupid irrelevant posts in a thread you don't care about ... trolls.

Bahah, dude, you can offend me all day, I don't mind ^_^ it just shows your rudeness nothing else.

WHOA!! You're first on w10. I didn't know people still play that world. Please, chill :p

Can you tell me why are you still playing this game if it sucks so bad??

DeletedUser16008

Hey here is a simple solution. Switch to fort fighter or something else beacuse dueling isn't popular anymore, or better yet, quit! It's not you who will loose money beacuse of lack of the players but Innos.

I was merely answering this silly suggestion appropriately my fine feathered papoose. Frankly I get a little sick of hearing the same old do something else rubbish ive heard for years from workers etc ... Ive never advocated anyone else suck up a raw deal in this game and do something else they dont wish to, especially when I do it already and find it unacceptable and insulting when others do.

I don't like pay to play worlds and credit card dueling so i did quit most of them FYI.... now youve taken this thread totally off topic do you think we can have it back now please :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31397

Well I think this topic has come to an end now hehe, we know nothing will change Innos are destroying this game, dueling became boring, we all learnt some things lol. :)

DeletedUser

One directly affects the other no ?

This game used to be full of characters but most have long gone, did their absence make the game boring or did the game bore them into leaving ? leaving what ? a load of boring clones in the main.
Geez, what is this, circular reasoning? We had this discussion many times in the past. The main contributor to people leaving the game -- is time. Despite this, Inno's games have a higher player retention than other browser games. But to maintain a player population, to replace the numbers that eventually leave the game (any game), Inno needed to advertise this game and they stopped doing so over a year ago.

No Victor, what's going on is regular drama. People have always been making dramatics before they end their gaming (I recall these same scenes ingame 2+ years ago). The difference is that this time the batch of players planning on quitting also happen to be forum trolls.

DeletedUser32882

The difference is that this time the batch of players planning on quitting also happen to be forum trolls.
Again u see only what u want mate.We may be ''forum trolls '' as u like to call us but u forget 1 thing:we are the first and the most loyal players of the game at the same time.
When ur oldest and most loyal players start to leave the game then the problem is a serious one.But instead of trying to save what we can here ,ic that for u is more important to call players forum trolls and start to point them out.
U feel great when u do that no?

DeletedUser32882

Well I think this topic has come to an end now hehe, we know nothing will change Innos are destroying this game, dueling became boring, we all learnt some things lol. :)
Pls stop being a smarty pants here.If u have no clue about dueling,if u didn't understand the purpose of this post why are u here ?
If u can help us in any way pls post it...but stop being a wise guy.

DeletedUser16008

Geez, what is this, circular reasoning? We had this discussion many times in the past. The main contributor to people leaving the game -- is time. Despite this, Inno's games have a higher player retention than other browser games. But to maintain a player population, to replace the numbers that eventually leave the game (any game), Inno needed to advertise this game and they stopped doing so over a year ago.

No Victor, what's going on is regular drama. People have always been making dramatics before they end their gaming (I recall these same scenes ingame 2+ years ago). The difference is that this time the batch of players planning on quitting also happen to be forum trolls.

Yes it is circular as well you know.

Thanks very much for calling some of the best players on this game re duelling forum trolls im sure we all appreciate the accolade. What pray does that make you ?

Everytime I or another points out a problem coming and the nature of it on an update before it happens you step in with the usual your assuming and making a drama Vic you have no idea what your talking about Vic.... then when exactly what i or others warn about happens you come in and deny it... then after awhile you concede and realise actually it is a problem but call me or others a troll anyway. Makes you feel better and superior no ? At no point in my recollection has anyone ever said... actually in hindsight the player base was right ... oh sometimes things get changed due to demands but its never done with a thank you we were wrong and polite apology, rather its just done after calling a lot of people dramaqueens etc Real nice way of treating those customers

Seeing as the players pointing out issues here are long standing regular players and inno arnt advertising like they should what to you think will happen when a large part of that regular customer base also leaves ? :rolleyes:

Talking of time had staff bothered to take some in the first place and actually listen or think about it before throwing it at the community the game would not be losing that regular customer base now would it ? As usual we don't know what we are talking about we only play the game after all and have no idea about how anything works in business or developing a product.:hmf:

Fine as you wish, its a regular drama, we are all imagining things and everything will be fine, theres nothing wrong with dueling & its the best system ever, everyone at inno pat themselves on the back for doing such a fantastic job. Crack on with the church building, stupid graphics and the dumb bond idea ignore the backbone of the game and ill be back to rub your face in it every step of the way down the toilet.:p

I don't often say this but im actually quite disgusted at your attitude towards these other players they deserve more respect. Personally I don't care and handle you quite easily. I'm used to it but as an ex CM you should really know how to communicate better with people.

DeletedUser

It really doesn't matter how long you've played, or how good you think you are. When you are ready to quit a game, the common path is a dramatic one. In fact, the longer someone has played, the more likely they will be dramatic. This is partly because of the addiction of gaming and the need to go to extremes in order to break that addiction. As to the trolling, well I can't really apologize for calling it like I see it. I see a small group of players making multiple posts, multiple threads, all pertaining to the same thing, not doing anything to fix the perceived problems, and attacking anyone who questions or disagrees with them. That, in all practical terms, describes a trolling behavior.

Now, if you're not a forum troll, then don't act like one. If you feel a change needs to be made, participate in the beta, write a respectful and clearly written letter to Innogames, clearly define what it is that you think needs to change in order to fix things. Drama serves no purpose, trolling the forums serves no productive purpose and actually encourages others to quit. Now, if your goal is to get others to quit, then by all means continue what your doing and validate my assertions.

DeletedUser16008

Okaayyy, so now you calling regular players addicts and their actions are a result of that addiction and it isnt that some players actually enjoy this game and in their way try to show they care by posting the frustrations amongst other topics. Really HS you have a terrible opinion of people in general sometimes.

The reason you see regular same posters is that your precious forum is ignored by the vast majority, mainly because there is no concept or will to encourage players to come here but also partly because of the treatment by certain people here when they do, the style and lack of care and encouragement to the playing community to come and take part.

I'll give a tip and an idea , how about an in game notice announcing the best 3 posts of the week on this forum will be given 50 bonds ...... You think that would increase the forum participation ? I will bet it would 10 fold. Just a simple thing to avoid having to deal with the same old posters you seem to dislike... hey who knows you might even find some new trolls to entertain you. But naaa ive made suggestions like this before I doubt if the aim is to have a busy thriving forum, in fact i believe it never was.

If all those you called trolls stopped posting the place would be DEAD and you know it. I don't know maybe that's what is preferable, after all it wouldn't be such an embarrassment when these flaws and mistakes weren't pointed out by us "trolls"

I have told you before, I will not take part in a beta world farce again, it is just another revenue stream, its not a testing ground its a total joke and innos idea of a beta is a perfect reflection of the companies attitude towards revenue vs game substance.

It is not my job to feedback to Inno that is someone else's, as i said before I will not make Inno revenue by my efforts based on the way they have ripped people off and are prepared to bank profits rather than pouring back in, the lack of advertising is a perfect example.

Inno are welcome to write a respectful and clearly written letter to me, clearly define what it is that they wish to achieve and change in order to fix things. I may even agree, for a fee.... I will not be writing to them however its not my revenue stream that's drying up.

If you think my aim is to get people to quit then someone had better ban me from the game immediately, however I will not cease to voice my opinions on any topic and if that's not convenient for you then you go right ahead and try to blame me for the players that are leaving, it would after all be consistent with your being in denial all the time.

I don't expect you to apologise for one second, it would break a habit.

DeletedUser

Okaayyy, so now you calling regular players addicts and their actions are a result of that addiction and it isnt that some players actually enjoy this game and in their way try to show they care by posting the frustrations amongst other topics. Really HS you have a terrible opinion of people in general sometimes.

The reason you see regular same posters is that your precious forum is ignored by the vast majority, mainly because there is no concept or will to encourage players to come here but also partly because of the treatment by certain people here when they do, the style and lack of care and encouragement to the playing community to come and take part.

I'll give a tip and an idea , how about an in game notice announcing the best 3 posts of the week on this forum will be given 50 bonds ...... You think that would increase the forum participation ? I will bet it would 10 fold. Just a simple thing to avoid having to deal with the same old posters you seem to dislike... hey who knows you might even find some new trolls to entertain you. But naaa ive made suggestions like this before I doubt if the aim is to have a busy thriving forum, in fact i believe it never was.

If all those you called trolls stopped posting the place would be DEAD and you know it. I don't know maybe that's what is preferable, after all it wouldn't be such an embarrassment when these flaws and mistakes weren't pointed out by us "trolls"

I have told you before, I will not take part in a beta world farce again, it is just another revenue stream, its not a testing ground its a total joke and innos idea of a beta is a perfect reflection of the companies attitude towards revenue vs game substance.

It is not my job to feedback to Inno that is someone else's, as i said before I will not make Inno revenue by my efforts based on the way they have ripped people off and are prepared to bank profits rather than pouring back in, the lack of advertising is a perfect example.

Inno are welcome to write a respectful and clearly written letter to me, clearly define what it is that they wish to achieve and change in order to fix things. I may even agree, for a fee.... I will not be writing to them however its not my revenue stream that's drying up.

If you think my aim is to get people to quit then someone had better ban me from the game immediately, however I will not cease to voice my opinions on any topic and if that's not convenient for you then you go right ahead and try to blame me for the players that are leaving, it would after all be consistent with your being in denial all the time.

I don't expect you to apologise for one second, it would break a habit.
Nice trolling. Anyway, you're playing word games. I didn't say regular players were addicts, I said they are more likely to be addicted to the game, and thus they are more likely to pose drama when attempting to leave the game. This is not an incorrect statement.

The rest of your post merely affirmed my earlier statements. You can write 30,000 words, with all your ranting and raving, but can't write 500 words and send a letter to Inno. You can be bothered to spew vitriol at every update but can't be bothered to write a proposal or participate in the beta. In your own words, you indicate that you don't care enough to spend a few days to influence the development of this game, but spent countless hours complaining for over 2 years about what they bring forward without your participation.

DeletedUser16008

Your words pal not mine, you wish to enter into word games then go right ahead and watch me hang you with them.

Iam playing you at your own game if that's what you mean, yes it is an incorrect statement, I was always vocal and its unlikely i'll shut up anytime soon quitting or not ive always been the same. I don't see why the makers should get away with the crap they have pulled and say nothing . Like many other things no one says ill voice it. If you don't like it I suggest you put me on ignore like old joxer I hear im much more tolerable that way. Like i say it may be inconvenient to you I have an opinion but your wasting your time calling me names, i deal with people like you every day and to be honest your not much good at the putdown as you like to think.

Im not prepared to fix Innos business for free you mean oooo isnt Vic a poor sport :cool:.... you want my time you pay for it simple as .... what im doing here is for my enjoyment, what you wish me to do is work and provide Inno more revenue.... sorry bud but im not a mug to fill others pockets Inno can kiss my behind im sure not helping their business when they hav'nt bothered. If you wish you can pass my tips along to them yourself, you may even get a few brownie points for it....

Anyway you have other things to do so.... your dismissed :p

DeletedUser25480

Ofc...who cares about bonds when u can buy all the chests that u want whit nuggets.Very simple when ur wallet is linked whit Inno.How many other duelers are like u?Name me 3 more and i will delete this topic.
P.S...ur 1 of the biggest scrooges on Colorado:))))......ooops....on every world u play:)))

sorry for the late reply i only just came back to this thread, i dont actually buy nuggets and i havent for a very long time, i have NEVER bought chests with them either. the most i have ever used them for is automation+more energy so you can hardly say my wallet is linked to Inno haha.

Also why am i a scrooge on Colorado? or any other world? i dont think i even know who you are so i cant see where your opinion of me is coming from...

DeletedUser16628

I could care less about bonds.While I don't have as much money as Sag I can buy what I need when I need it.

I'm down to my last world Colorado and I'm close to calling it a career as this game kind of bores the hell out of me @ times which is to bad as it was a fun addiction for a long time.And
Vic your right on point on this you are most times.

DeletedUser14793

sorry for the late reply i only just came back to this thread, i dont actually buy nuggets and i havent for a very long time, i have NEVER bought chests with them either. the most i have ever used them for is automation+more energy so you can hardly say my wallet is linked to Inno haha.

Also why am i a scrooge on Colorado? or any other world? i dont think i even know who you are so i cant see where your opinion of me is coming from...

so your saying you found howdah's gun by milling grain then?? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser25963

Ghost... i missed the time when camping at a town is the answer for all problem...

DeletedUser14793

well i just cant even bring myself to login anymore so i sold all my stuff and will be deleting my accounts in acouple days when some of my remaning items sell, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks to many of you for being friends, mentors, duel buddies and those always willing for a good old town battle. Gonna miss alot of you, others not so much ;) Its been 4 years of fun (well for the most part anyways) but my time has come to a end. Peace

Your Pal
Dgorsk

DeletedUser16008

well i just cant even bring myself to login anymore so i sold all my stuff and will be deleting my accounts in acouple days when some of my remaning items sell, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks to many of you for being friends, mentors, duel buddies and those always willing for a good old town battle. Gonna miss alot of you, others not so much ;) Its been 4 years of fun (well for the most part anyways) but my time has come to a end. Peace

Your Pal
Dgorsk

And so exits another legend of the west

So long Founder of the Hunting party and The Bloody Path.... I expect the legacy will live on ... for a time anyway... good knowing you m8 we had a blast and you sure kicked some butt.

Take care Del. Always be lucky and healthy in life and most important of all Keep that powder dry :shootout: