R.I.P Dueling!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser32882
  • Start date

DeletedUser32882

It is incredible what has happened whit this part of the game in the last 6-8 months.Imediatly after the new dueling nerf update high exp duelers started to vanish 1 by 1 from the game or change on there builds.Now whit the new bond update the 0 mot duelers start to leave the game while the high exp u can count them by fingers.
What the hell is happening whit the most beautiful and the most representative part of the west:THE DUEL??
This new updates destroyed him.
If the the nerf update made duelers to not be able to do any kind of nice jobs,the new bond update now confirms that being a duelers stinks big time.....i mean u can't do daily quests to get exp,cash and bonds while in a fort fight the pure ff players get tones of bonds......and we know that the bigger the number of bonds the better while the silly duelers have to accept whit an average number or even the smallest one.

So can someone pls tell me why in the world a player whould still accept to duel and have a pure dueling build in any of the worlds?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25892

It is incredible what has happened whit this part of the game in the last 6-8 months.Imediatly after the new dueling nerf update high exp duelers started to vanish 1 by 1 from the game or change on there builds.Now whit the new bond update the 0 mot duelers start to leave the game while the high exp u can count them by fingers.
What the hell is happening whit the most beautiful and the most representative part of the west:THE DUEL??
If the the nerf update made duelers to not be able to do any kind of nice jobs,the new bond update now confirms that being a duelers stinks big time.....i mean u can't do daily quests to get exp,cash and bonds while in a fort fight the pure ff players get tones of bonds......and we know that the bigger the number of bonds the better while the silly duelers have to accept whit an average number or even the smallest one.

So can someone pls tell me why in the world a player whould still accept to duel and have a pure dueling build in any of the worlds?

I mean previously before bonds, dueling wasn't that rewarding except for the the thrill...I don't think the update has really changed anything for the true dueler...

DeletedUser32882

I mean previously before bonds, dueling wasn't that rewarding except for the the thrill...I don't think the update has really changed anything for the true dueler...

Can u be more specific? I can easily show u that being a dueler means that ur the weakest west player at this moment....ofc i'm talking about the benefits that the game offers to a duelers compared to any other builds that exist out there.
U can't make all those high lvl quests ,u can't do daily quests for bonds,u will never ever get the same amount of bonds as pure ff players,u can't do high luck jobs so that means ''ciuciu'' expensive drops.
So pls tell me what is left out there?

DeletedUser

U can't make all those high lvl quests
Who can do the high level quests without respeccing? Charlie is easier for ranged duelers than it is for fort fighters and the final reward is FOR fort fighters.

DeletedUser

Grrrr

ERMM :huh: its how we made our money dangermouse .
The point you seem to be missing is that those who chose to be more active and duel seem to lose out more with every update . [Active as in not queue up 4hours (ok 8 fer prem) work then ,.... i dunno take the dog out etc]

iwont bore yu with th finer detail but it essentially seems that duelling is being "phased out" with each update because of the complaints when in fact ITS A DUELING GAME [well it was] even a spanner has a damage rating
nuff said :mad:

DeletedUser16628

Pretty close to it Agreed.I'm down to 1 world colorado right now and I'm a ghost there.I'll keep trying to figure things out for now.Dangermouse is funny sorry MM that just gave me a chuckle.

DeletedUser32882

Who can do the high level quests without respeccing? Charlie is easier for ranged duelers than it is for fort fighters and the final reward is FOR fort fighters.
Explain pls how can u get Al's belt or the cash for respecting whit a dueling build???

DeletedUser14006

Al's belt has a purchase price of only $4235, even with a dueling build and some decent clothes you can unlock that luck value in certain jobs.

DeletedUser25480

who cares about bonds?

Also on Colorado i am a pure dueler and have roughly just over 1m worth of cash + items so how can you say duelers cant make cash?

DeletedUser32882

Ofc...who cares about bonds when u can buy all the chests that u want whit nuggets.Very simple when ur wallet is linked whit Inno.How many other duelers are like u?Name me 3 more and i will delete this topic.
P.S...ur 1 of the biggest scrooges on Colorado:))))......ooops....on every world u play:)))

DeletedUser32882

If u all rich duelers out there are so good and nice to tell to the other noob duelers how u made all ur cash and how u got all ur shiny items pls come and tell us.
This is why i open this topic.So the noobs (i am 1 to) should get some tips from all u geniuses on how to become super rich and have a lot of cool items and do all quests that give SP's and Ap's whit a pure dueling build.
If u can't help out pls don't say anything.....i'm sick of answers like :I'm a dueler and i have 1kk,or like is easy to make Charlie.
Tell me how u do it....i for 1 need all the help i can get....AND I'M 100% SURE THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY DUELER HERE THAT NEEDS THIS KIND OF HELP.

DeletedUser

Ofc...who cares about bonds when u can buy all the chests that u want whit nuggets.Very simple when ur wallet is linked whit Inno.How many other duelers are like u?Name me 3 more and i will delete this topic.
ok i gotta side with hooligan here , you can nugget your way thru this game EVERYWHERE now
AND SOMEONE killed the shopsign hide script as well!!! GRRRRR:(
this game used to be free
now yu can pay fer virtually anything and solve problematic duels quests etc with a nugget or a bond , ....not impressed :(
and wheres this dam railway anyway
[ps seen the new art work ,.... very nice so i guess the nugget munchers are paying fer that then are they]
g045.gif

DeletedUser31397

I don't actually know what you want.. Before the update you were getting exp and cash from duels right?? You don't get that now??

About the daily tasks, you have 2 that are related to dueling (duel vs players and duel vs NPC--don't fool yourself, not every build can beat NPCs). Also please check your daily quests. They are made for almost every build and are very easy to complete.

Fort fighters don't have boxes now, they get bonds. You were not complaining when people used to get boxes from fort fights did you?? You can also get bonds, you don't even have to be good, just participate in a battle.

And stop complaining how you can't find Al Sweang's belt or that you can't do daily quests, remember: no build can do everything.

DeletedUser

About the daily tasks, you have 2 that are related to dueling (duel vs players and duel vs NPC--don't fool yourself, not every build can beat NPCs).

Completely irrelevant, everybody has the duel daily tasks, whatever build, whatever character. You don't have to win the duels, just do them and every single player can achieve that.

DeletedUser

About the daily tasks, you have 2 that are related to dueling (duel vs players and duel vs NPC--don't fool yourself, not every build can beat NPCs).

also addition to Judge's comment. every build can beat NPC. not every NPC but it is easy to find 3 that can be EASILY beaten.

DeletedUser

Had a pillow contest the other day. We didn't agree to anything except to use pillows. After the duels we compared only aim/dodge stats (but crucially, not stance). We were wearing identical gear for ranged offense... My aim and dodge (naked) were both more than 2x my opponents (well, aim was 2.5x his, dodge was 2.8x his).

Results? I lost both duels!
When I attacked I missed him all 8 times, when he attacked, I missed again all 8 times (he hit me 4 times).

Misc info - I had about 65 appearance and 0 tactics, he had 0 tactics and 0 appearance.

SO , make of it what you will, but what is the point in speccing for dueling if someone with less than half your skill points still has a great chance of beating you? You may as well spec for jobs, and just wear defence/offense gear...

DeletedUser16008

I don't actually know what you want.. Before the update you were getting exp and cash from duels right?? You don't get that now??

About the daily tasks, you have 2 that are related to dueling (duel vs players and duel vs NPC--don't fool yourself, not every build can beat NPCs). Also please check your daily quests. They are made for almost every build and are very easy to complete.

Fort fighters don't have boxes now, they get bonds. You were not complaining when people used to get boxes from fort fights did you?? You can also get bonds, you don't even have to be good, just participate in a battle.

And stop complaining how you can't find Al Sweang's belt or that you can't do daily quests, remember: no build can do everything.

You miss the point entirely.

This is The West, im sorry but no matter what anyone says this game WAS based on and around dueling... thats why its called the west and theres little pics of people holding guns etc ... Hulis complaint is simple.

Inno have neglected or worse, lately ruined dueling as an integral part of the game. There is no getting away from it or any point in denying it. A very very high % of dueling based players have either quit or reduced their dueling and activity.

Nearly if not all the top ranked and the best duelers across .net and i suspect other servers being similar say the same thing .... dueling has become boring, predictable, luck based and pointless.... the posts and people voting by leaving and dumping accounts say it all.

You obviously don't duel in the main therefore you have no clue what Huli and others are saying.

As for your comment on the daily quests being easy again you don't have a clue what your talking about ..... if your a dueler the two MAIN skills are Aim and Dodge NEITHER helps on jobs. Im not complaining about it just stating a fact.

The very fact you consider NPC hard to beat shows you don't and arnt a dueler, i suggest you confine your posts to a thread you may have a clue about because dueling sure isnt one of them.

In the main i see it like this.... duelers and dueling MADE this game popular, we have been betrayed and Inno will pay the price for that.... Some of us have been warning of the problem for a long time, will and are now being proved correct. It gives me no pleasure saying so but as I said a year or more ago Inno have and are continuing to kill the golden goose

Having killed off dueling they have killed the very thing that this game was based around. Ergo Inno have destroyed The West main template for the player base and along with it the heart and soul of the game.

Ultimately their revenue stream will dry up and die along with it.

DeletedUser14793

exactly vic, im prob a week or so away from deleting my characters on the final worlds i play.