Question about game rule #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Now don't be so shocked people do play the game, i am sure everyone has something to do in real life and not everyone that plays is in holiday.

DeletedUser

I'll ask Gem to post. I've always been under the impression that retaliating when someone on a shared connecting is hit is a violation.

bump for Gem

don't want him/her to miss this one

DeletedUser

I've been accessing The West from two different universities, both of which have over 10.000 mathematical/statistical/engineering students. There's probably hundreds of them that play The West. I don't worry.
Technically, I'm not in danger since I don't actively duel anymore - but even if I did the odds of anything illegal happening are microscopic.

For anything suspicious looking all of the following must hold:
1) Other players use the same IP - quite likely.
2) Said 'other players' duel actively on the same world you do - fairly likely if there are many players on your IP.
3) They just happen to duel the same person as you - not that likely, but could definitely happen.
4) They duel the same person you did so close to the time you duelled them that a warning-flag is raised by the game (I assume there's some sort of auto-detection system, though I honestly doubt it) - very unlikely.
5) It happens again while you're 'being watched' and you actually get a ban - extremely unlikely to ever happen.

DeletedUser

since no official reply yet, i've come about this conclusion:

- players A and B share internet connection
- player C attacks player A, however, player A goes to sleep and report is generated that player A is protected in hotel
- since no duel took place and there is no cool-down timer of 1h for next duel, player B is free to attack player C without break rule #2

am i right? :)

DeletedUser

EDIT: if you are sooo worried about all this, just use some open proxy service on Internet. However, you'll be probably worried then, what if someone else who plays West uses same open proxy.
I wouldn't recommend this, as it would likely be construed as an attempt to hide playing multis'.

since no official reply yet, i've come about this conclusion:

- players A and B share internet connection
- player C attacks player A, however, player A goes to sleep and report is generated that player A is protected in hotel
- since no duel took place and there is no cool-down timer of 1h for next duel, player B is free to attack player C without break rule #2

am i right? :)
Yeah, that would be a foolish conclusion. How about trying to stay within the rules instead of skirting the edges and seeing what you can get away with?

DeletedUser

Yeah, that would be a foolish conclusion. How about trying to stay within the rules instead of skirting the edges and seeing what you can get away with?

Either it's within rules or against rules, no edges. That's why i'm trying to get clear answer from game mod.
It's a matter of possibility to defend fellow town members (non duelers) from aggression.

DeletedUser19883

The rule is quite explicit. Players that do not respect the rule will be banned. We are reasonable however and honest mistakes may occur. Players recieving a ban for this may appeal. Rule 2:

Players that share an Internet connection or live in the same household may not duel each other. It is also not allowed for 2 players on the same connection to coordinate duels on another player. At least 24 hours must have passed between the duels. However, it is allowed to participate in the same fort battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.