Question about game rule #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Rule #2

§2) Players sharing an internet connection

Players that share an Internet connection or live in the same household may not duel each other. It is also not allowed for 2 players on the same connection to coordinate duels on another player. At least 24 hours must have passed between the duels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I play with few of my colleagues West at work. Obviously, we are sharing same internet connection.

However, when i come home after work, i no longer share internet connection with them. Is it then okay for us to duel same person at the same time?

Also,
if my internet connection is different then my friends internet connection at the time of duel, then that's okay with game rules?

DeletedUser

Technically it should be fine. There's nothing wrong if you and a friend want to work together to KO another player.

The rule is there to prevent cheating, like multi account players.

DeletedUser

I don't agree. The rule is to prevent unfair coordination as well. People on the same connection can coordinate much easier.

DeletedUser

well, he's talking about going home and using his own internet connection, while his co-worker is on his own separate connection and they both want to work together to duel someone. That's fine.

DeletedUser

The rules specifically state that if you share IPs even for a few minutes you cannot duel the same people for 24 hours.

If you do not do this, you are breaking rules :)

(Being firm due to the posts above)

well, he's talking about going home and using his own internet connection, while his co-worker is on his own separate connection and they both want to work together to duel someone. That's fine.

This is not true. It is not fine.

DeletedUser

really? so for example me and three other players in my town all go and duel the same player at the same time. that's not allowed?

DeletedUser

If you are sharing IPs with those three players in your town that would not be allowed. If you're not sharing, it would be fine.

DeletedUser

then why isn't this fine?

Gem said:
This is not true. It is not fine.

DeletedUser

In other words - if you work together until 5 pm on Friday, you can't duel the same person on Friday night, but you could after 5 pm on Saturday.

DeletedUser

As I said. 24 hours waiting time after you share.

For example, we shared today at work so we cannot duel same character. But in two days, IF we didn't share IP in these two days, we can duel same character (but still from separate IPs). That's ok?

And ofcourse, after duel finish we shouldn't share same IP again for 24h?

Otherwise, we would be defenseless against aggressors since we can't knock them out in single duel.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In your stead I wouldn't struggle from the same connection. Get somebody else to help you guys with a coordinated attack and just take turns.

DeletedUser

Gem,

what if i duel some character, and then within few hours, that character duels my friend who is playing on some internet connection as i do.

That's 2 duels with same person within 24 hours, although not started by characters on shared IP. Is that against the rules?

DeletedUser

Gem,

what if i duel some character, and then within few hours, that character duels my friend who is playing on some internet connection as i do.

That's 2 duels with same person within 24 hours, although not started by characters on shared IP. Is that against the rules?

You can't be held responsible for what a third person does, Fafer. The rule forbids co-ordination by two people who share the same IP address. If you're being attacked, then that isn't an action you've instigated yourself - you can't be a co-ordinated victim. ;)

DeletedUser

You can't be held responsible for what a third person does, Fafer. The rule forbids co-ordination by two people who share the same IP address. If you're being attacked, then that isn't an action you've instigated yourself - you can't be a co-ordinated victim. ;)

The rule does apply if it's the other way around though. You can't retaliate within 24 hours if you're sharing a connection.

DeletedUser

One more question:

does it count as a duel if it's initiated but it doesn't take place cause defender went to sleep? Report is generated that player is protected in hotel.

DeletedUser

One more question:

does it count as a duel if it's initiated but it doesn't take place cause defender went to sleep? Report is generated that player is protected in hotel.

Does it matter?

If you're sharing an internet connection then you should avoid dueling the same person within 24 hours of sharing that connection. If that person sleeps then it may not count as a duel but do you really want to leave that to chance?

Don't schedule duels in co-ordination with people with whom you have shared an internet connection in the last 24 hours.

It's a simple rule - there's no need to complicate it.

DeletedUser

It is simple, but becomes complicated when someone duels my friend who is sharing internet connection with me and then i'm not allowed to retaliate :sad:

I don't wanna attack same person together with my friend. I only want to be able to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.