Quest bug

Demongeot

I accepted a quest, of which the only requirement was to build a railway station for 6 hours, which I did. But before I could click complete, the quest had disappeared from the quest giver but remains in my quest tracker.

Does anyone know how I can either a) complete this quest or b) remove it from my quest tracker?

Pankreas PorFavor

I accepted a quest, of which the only requirement was to build a railway station for 6 hours, which I did. But before I could click complete, the quest had disappeared from the quest giver but remains in my quest tracker.

Does anyone know how I can either a) complete this quest or b) remove it from my quest tracker?

a) wait a day or two, the quest will be back and you can complete it then.
b) there is a Quest book icon next to your avatar in the top left corner. you can find the quest there and cancel it. but DON'T DO IT! 6h of work will be wasted. the quest comes back every 2 days, you can just complete it another day.
c) this is not a bug :)

Shantoo

I beg to differ on this. I have THREE quests there now with no way to finish them, and a couple of them were pretty "expensive" in time and energy spent on them. Been waiting four days on the first one.

Pankreas PorFavor

I beg to differ on this. I have THREE quests there now with no way to finish them, and a couple of them were pretty "expensive" in time and energy spent on them. Been waiting four days on the first one.

the question in the original post was related to quests during the St.Patrick's day 2020 event - https://tw-calc.net/quests/group/217#3306
you could do that particular quest 3 times per week: Tuesday or Wednesday or Saturday. if you accepted the quest and started 6h of work on Wednesday, you could finish the quest on Saturday. unless you cancelled it, then you would need to do the 6h of work again. my answer was 100% correct.

now, what quests are problematic for you - I have no idea. if you care to give us more details, I'm sure that the forum members can help. you can also contact support with your questions. asking other players in Saloon or alliance chat directly in the game is many times the best and fastest way to get help or advice.

Shantoo

the question in the original post was related to quests during the St.Patrick's day 2020 event - https://tw-calc.net/quests/group/217#3306
you could do that particular quest 3 times per week: Tuesday or Wednesday or Saturday. if you accepted the quest and started 6h of work on Wednesday, you could finish the quest on Saturday. unless you cancelled it, then you would need to do the 6h of work again. my answer was 100% correct.

now, what quests are problematic for you - I have no idea. if you care to give us more details, I'm sure that the forum members can help. you can also contact support with your questions. asking other players in Saloon or alliance chat directly in the game is many times the best and fastest way to get help or advice.

Update: While running afoul of the "Forum Police" (if the shoe fits, wear it) I still have the same quest lines unavailable and while finished, they cannot be turned in. These are the same quests I mentioned above, two of which are most prominent, and become less relatively valuable as my level increases. They are "The New Colonists", and subsequent, and the "Farming II" quests. Frankly, I doubt it will be fixed any time soon. I think I remember why I stopped playing this game back in 2014.

Slygoxx

If you are experiencing any issues completing quests, please contact support so we can look into it.

Pankreas PorFavor

They are "The New Colonists", and subsequent, and the "Farming II" quests. Frankly, I doubt it will be fixed any time soon. I think I remember why I stopped playing this game back in 2014.

The quest instructions are available on tw-calc.net for both questlines, there is nothing wrong with them, thousands of players managed to complete them.
Check these links for instructions:

I think you are having problems because you didn't accept and complete all the necessary steps. Not all of the quests are linear, step-by-step stories...
Again, asking in ingame chat is usually the quickest way to get help and people can help in real time.

amgtuna

Actually Shantoo is experiencing something I have experienced at least half a dozen times. I have accepted several quests (quite a few time consuming) ....completed them to the letter and when comes time to collect no dice. I can see the completed quest in my quest tracker with all green checks, but once I pull up the quest window to hit the complete button .... the right side of the tasks window is blank ....where the info on the quest would normally be. I have also seen others in chat saying the same thing and nobody knows why this happens. There is definitely a quest bug.

amgtuna

Update: While running afoul of the "Forum Police" (if the shoe fits, wear it) I still have the same quest lines unavailable and while finished, they cannot be turned in. These are the same quests I mentioned above, two of which are most prominent, and become less relatively valuable as my level increases. They are "The New Colonists", and subsequent, and the "Farming II" quests. Frankly, I doubt it will be fixed any time soon. I think I remember why I stopped playing this game back in 2014.
Just wanted to let you know myself, as well as others have experienced the same issue.

Pankreas PorFavor

Actually Shantoo is experiencing something I have experienced at least half a dozen times. I have accepted several quests (quite a few time consuming) ....completed them to the letter and when comes time to collect no dice. I can see the completed quest in my quest tracker with all green checks, but once I pull up the quest window to hit the complete button .... the right side of the tasks window is blank ....where the info on the quest would normally be. I have also seen others in chat saying the same thing and nobody knows why this happens. There is definitely a quest bug.

any chance that these quests have a time constraint?
for example - available only between 8pm and midnight server time, or only between July 4 - July 25?
every time I had the problem you are describing it was because of time related constraints, or maybe I was not at the right location. but I have NEVER been unable to complete the quest because of a bug (I am not saying that quests were released bug-free, but they were always fixed). please give the details - which quest, which step, what exactly is the problem and people in this forum, as well as support staff, will help. in my experience ALL quests can be completed (except that "joke" quest that requires you to pray for a million years ;))

PrancingPurplePony

looking at the quest links for those quests, they both require you to be in a specific location to complete them.

If you aren't in the required location you haven't met the requirements to the letter, and they won't show to complete.

amgtuna

any chance that these quests have a time constraint?
for example - available only between 8pm and midnight server time, or only between July 4 - July 25?
every time I had the problem you are describing it was because of time related constraints, or maybe I was not at the right location. but I have NEVER been unable to complete the quest because of a bug (I am not saying that quests were released bug-free, but they were always fixed). please give the details - which quest, which step, what exactly is the problem and people in this forum, as well as support staff, will help. in my experience ALL quests can be completed (except that "joke" quest that requires you to pray for a million years ;))
looking at the quest links for those quests, they both require you to be in a specific location to complete them.

If you aren't in the required location you haven't met the requirements to the letter, and they won't show to complete.

Thanks for the help - I do stand corrected. I realize it's the daily task repeatable quests that I am not finishing in time. I really appreciate the support and great info I get on this forum - :up: