Quest Book - Completed Quests Option

William Bresnaham

I get the 'A streak of bad luck is upon you...' error message when clicking on the Completed Quests tab of the Quest Book.

Tried the usual log off and back on, clear cache, etc..

William Bresnaham

I believe that is a known issue with that feature.
Thanks, I guess I'll just hold out hope that they will fix it at some point then.

It happens to me in Arizona, but not in W1, for example...
Maybe has something to do with the number of quests completed. I only play El Dorado, but have pretty much completed all the quests except the quest line you get at level 130. Quite some time ago the Completed Quest tab quit showing all my quests. It was just cut off after loading most of the information. I'm guessing I must now have passed the point where it crashes on loading.

Last edited by a moderator:

llzad

Me too!

I am also experiencing this error
in World 1 - W1 login is llzad

Can't view the completed quests
This just started happening right after completing the quest-line "Deadman's Hand"

Claiborne

Have been having this problem on World 1 and 12 for some time. Coincidentally, Dakota just broke after I signed up for Galveston.

W1 was the first to break for me. It is possible that W12 broke when I started playing Fairbank.

Is everyone else who has the problem in more than 3 worlds?

DeletedUser31403

I'm having the same problem on world 1 and 12. I sent in a support ticket March 20th. I got a reply the same day stating that they are aware of the issue and hope to have it fixed soon. Since TW-db uses the same infor for quests completed, it's been quite annoying and frustrating to keep track of my quests.

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
It doesn't have anything to do with the amount of worlds you play, we're still working on a fix for this though and it'll hopefully be ready soon.

DeletedUser33797

I'm having the same problem on world 1 and 12. I sent in a support ticket March 20th. I got a reply the same day stating that they are aware of the issue and hope to have it fixed soon. Since TW-db uses the same infor for quests completed, it's been quite annoying and frustrating to keep track of my quests.

http://prntscr.com/b2rei9 :p
Soon?

Protasov

This just started happening to me today (May 15, 2016) on El Dorado. Was working fine yesterday.

Apelatia

Were you doing something at the time? As in, did taking a specific action within the game trigger the error message?

Protasov

Were you doing something at the time? As in, did taking a specific action within the game trigger the error message?
I tried to use cloth calc script to import my character, and it failed, and said to check to see if the "completed" quests tab worked. When I went to check, it gave me that screenshot error message.

The first thing I did was remove cloth calc from my Chrome extensions, cleared all cache and closed all windows, then logged back into the game, and went directly to the completed quests tab, and it showed the same error once again, so I don't think its related to cloth calc.

I also logged into The West using Microsoft Edge on a different computer, which I considered would be "fresh" as I don't use Edge for anything, and again, same error.

In between the last time it worked and the time it failed, the only thing I did was two (2) hour long "White water transport" jobs, and slept for a few hours in a foreign city hotel.

Protasov

The good news is that the latest update (v2.35.6.2 revision 319b403) did indeed fix the "Completed" tab of the Quest book, for those of us who have completed a large amount of quests.

I would like to ask if anyone has gotten the clothcalc importer to work since this update? I try to run it, and it pops up the windows, but never gets past:

The import script is waiting for a response from the server... (en17.the-weset.net)

I don't think its getting very far, as the first time I tried I was not logged into tw-db.info, as is required, but it didn't even warn me about that. Its like it didn't get any response at all to even tell it that much.

asdf124

Well, I believe the bug was related to the quest ranking system(placement on some of quests)

Now ranking is removed, no more Henry messages for first person to finish a quest....

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
There were never any announcements for finishing a quest first, there were (and still are) for achievements though.
That said, the rank display is still there for quests.

asdf124

Can't see any ranks in completed quest anymore in iOS Safari browser.

I used to before the update.