Pure Trapper.

DeletedUser

Hey, I was wondering do any of you have any tips on being a pure trapper like for example. Do you know what level i should stop putting all my attributes/skill points into trapping/Dexterity?

I need tips haha im only level 8!!

Thanks, Sk8erMan:blink:

DeletedUser

I stopped around 30, put some in and trading tactics and appearance, now im putting some back into dex.

DeletedUser

Switch to leadership briefly at some point after hunting grizzlies until you have building a fort. After you have building a fort, switch to shooting. Once the money starts rolling in from serving in the army, charlatan, robbing settlers, and especially mercenary work, you can consider respeccing to shooting.

"Remember to search first!" This question has been asked many times.

If you are going to be "pure" you won't stop.

You don't want to stay pure forever. The only high difficulty trapping job you'll have left that you won't also get with shooting is ambush, which is good, but unnecessary. The only reasons to get high LP in a job are cash and luck, plus being able to change into your dueling gear after the job is scheduled.

Trapping has good money jobs, but shooting is better. Trapping sucks for luck jobs, besides trading with Indians, which isn't at all necessary besides for quests and your time would be better spent on XP jobs, and ambush, will you'll only get by wasting a lot of SP on trapping.

DeletedUser

Switch to leadership briefly at some point after hunting grizzlies until you have building a fort. After you have building a fort, switch to shooting. Once the money starts rolling in from serving in the army, charlatan, robbing settlers, and especially mercenary work, you can consider respeccing to shooting.

"Remember to search first!" This question has been asked many times.

You don't want to stay pure forever. The only high difficulty trapping job you'll have left that you won't also get with shooting is ambush, which is good, but unnecessary. The only reasons to get high LP in a job are cash and luck, plus being able to change into your dueling gear after the job is scheduled.

Trapping has good money jobs, but shooting is better. Trapping sucks for luck jobs, besides trading with Indians, which isn't at all necessary besides for quests and your time would be better spent on XP jobs, and ambush, will you'll only get by wasting a lot of SP on trapping.

Just a question Elmyr, Can I just go pure shooting after hunting grizzlies? That way I can get Charlatan earlier, instead of spending some points into Leadership :unsure:

DeletedUser11353

Just a question Elmyr, Can I just go pure shooting after hunting grizzlies? That way I can get Charlatan earlier, instead of spending some points into Leadership :unsure:
you can, it`s not a `must` to go for leadership but i think(and many others i believe) you should go for leadership and then shooting cause then you`ll get building a fort which will give you loads of exp like hunting bears;)

DeletedUser

You can do anything you want! :p

You'll get charlatan faster if you're getting the extra XP from building a fort though, IMO. I might be wrong, because you'll still get building a fort just from your dexterity, but it'll take longer.

DeletedUser

Get the Charlatan Set.

Then go Dex - Appearance. Gets you too Serving in the Army and Merc. This will also lead you too Bounty Hunter, Grave Robber, Smuggler and Ambush Stage.

DeletedUser

Get the Charlatan Set.

Then go Dex - Appearance. Gets you too Serving in the Army and Merc. This will also lead you too Bounty Hunter, Grave Robber, Smuggler and Ambush Stage.
That's exactly what I've done in w9. Charlatan's set rocks for trappers. I just need to respec a few points from trapping to shooting to get mercenary work atm.

DeletedUser

Charlatan Set's bonuses is mostly toward trading how does that help trapping?

DeletedUser

Charlatans set gives mostly Dex and shooting bonuses as well as trading.
You need to be level 45 to wear the full set, by that level you are probably no longer pure trapping, as you got to hunting grizzlies well before then.
Charlatans set helps a lot for charlatan, serving in the army, mercenary work and plenty of great jobs.
Plus the huge dex, aim and shooting bonuses make you very dangerous to duel (almosty all my duels end in KO, doesn't bother me as I have lots of good jobs, but it keeps proffesional duelers very wary).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Charlatan Set's bonuses is mostly toward trading how does that help trapping?

Don't diss good advice.

Full set gives:
+9 Dexterity

+20 Stamina
+20 Trading
+18 Reflex
+18 Toughness
+18 Aim
+18 Shooting

+120 labor points towards Charlatan

I would say that is some pretty handy bonuses.

DeletedUser

The gentleman's set is better for shooting jobs than the charlatan's set. The charlatan's set is still good to have, and a lot easier to complete, but gentleman's is better. It really depends on the job though, obviously.

DeletedUser

elmyr so could u give me a whole backround on what to do from the beggining like ok.

say i get to grizzly bears. then i get leadership points until building forts then i do pure shooter until i get what?

DeletedUser

I would say, get the Charlatans Set because you can. Then get the Gentlemans Set as you play and when you get to the High Luck jobs you might just get the Walking Stick.

Gentlemans Set may be better but Charlatan will help you get it.

DeletedUser

I would say, get the Charlatans Set because you can. Then get the Gentlemans Set as you play and when you get to the High Luck jobs you might just get the Walking Stick.

Gentlemans Set may be better but Charlatan will help you get it.

Yeah, charlatan's is still good to have, and possibly better overall for a while. That wasn't meant to be a correction.

I'd like it better if it would help you get charlatan earlier, but you obviously can't complete the set until you can do the job (for the elixir) and the level req of the shoes and acid are too high to really help you get charlatan. All the full set can give you is more LP.

DeletedUser

I'd like it better if it would help you get charlatan earlier, but you obviously can't complete the set until you can do the job (for the elixir) and the level req of the shoes and acid are too high to really help you get charlatan. All the full set can give you is more LP.

Agree.