Pure Skills

DeletedUser

I am totally involved in the team aspect of The West on 2 worlds. That leaves me 6 worlds to just goof around in and enjoy the game without the politics.
On one of those worlds, I am going pure strength and construction. I've done it before and I know I enjoy it.
On another I have decided to go pure dexterity and fine motor skills. I am utterly envious of those who can do the grave robbing job. I want to see how quickly I can get there going this route.

What I would like to know is what other "pure" characters have players built? Did you have fun with it? Did it bore you quickly? Is there one you want to try on a certain world and have a little competition?

DeletedUser

My second-oldest character is a pure builder, since when I created it, I had a group who wanted to build up a town together. Most of the other old ones are more-or-less balanced, and that proved to be a huge failure in strategy. Much later (when world 5 reopened) I decided to try a pure hunter, and was much more pleased with the results, although it gets old by level 40 more or less (when you can do almost all trap jobs). My advice is, on level 40, switch to putting all your points in either shooting or hiding.

Now I decided to try other skills. On beta I'm doing pure leadership, and it works pretty well (you get access to high-exp jobs early on, much like hunting). On a Brazilian world I'm trying a good old-fashioned pure trader, but he's still too young for me to tell how well it works.

DeletedUser

My favorites, as I've said before, are my trapper/shooter and my hider. The trapper shooter is now a pure shooter and I love the XP and cash, plus some decent luck jobs, although I only do grave robber sporadically, ATM in search of a walking stick to completely my gentleman's set.

I love the hider for the luck jobs, plus good cash jobs and decent XP, though not as good as the shooter in either. I'd level faster, but I'm too busy going luck jobs, although I don't do grave robber much anymore. I don't know if I'd recommend pure FMS. Grave robber is fun for the luck, but it doesn't give you anything else. Most of your XP is going to come from the trapping jobs you get with 1 set traps per level from the dexterity. I've actually respecced my w5 trader to pure hiding, with a little charisma left to respec to be pure. I probably should have gone for a hybrid, but I love those hiding jobs. I'm currently #1 in hiding on w5 and can be on w4 by switching gear. Excessive, but I love hiding!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i'd go with pure trapping, once you get to 50, re spec all those skills and put them all into shooting :)

DeletedUser

i'd go with pure trapping, once you get to 50, re spec all those skills and put them all into shooting :)

She wants specifics on how people like playing different specs, not just "do this", which she can get from the "Pures" or "Pure Trapper" threads in Questions.

DeletedUser

oh, well personnally i love the trapped, i've played world four for a few months, and world 8 for about a month, and i already surpass world 4 trapping is easy money and easy experience, over all the best decision.

DeletedUser

Ey elmyr did u start your pure hider from level 1?

On w4, yes, I've always been pure, except for a brief respec of ~20 points to trading so I could do trading with Indians, silver mining, and evangelizing for quests.

DeletedUser

On w4, yes, I've always been pure, except for a brief respec of ~20 points to trading so I could do trading with Indians, silver mining, and evangelizing for quests.
at what level did u do that? level 22 right?
Btw i just started a pure hider on w4 like 2 days ago haha its only level 2 tho

Damn elmyr level 59 and 2nd ranked hiding in w4, 2 points away from ranked 1, thats sick!!

DeletedUser

at what level did u do that? level 22 right?
Btw i just started a pure hider on w4 like 2 days ago haha its only level 2 tho

Nope, level 57. 22 would have been too low for any of the quests.

Trading with Indians: 35 for the adventurer quest
Silver mining: 45 for Transporting Prisoners, 46 for Kate's Wedding Band
Evangelizing: 57 for something...

Damn elmyr level 59 and 2nd ranked hiding in w4, 2 points away from ranked 1, thats sick!!

I can be #1 with gear.

DeletedUser

Nope, level 57. 22 would have been too low for any of the quests.

Trading with Indians: 35 for the adventurer quest
Silver mining: 45 for Transporting Prisoners, 46 for Kate's Wedding Band
Evangelizing: 57 for something...

OK umm got any tips for hiding? at a low level.

I can be #1 with gear.
nice.

DeletedUser

OK umm got any tips for hiding? at a low level.

Be patient. The hiding XP jobs aren't as good as trapping at low levels, although it has some of the same jobs. You'll be relying on some swimming jobs, like rafting wood and straightening the river, especially with premium energy.

DeletedUser

Be patient. The hiding XP jobs aren't as good as trapping at low levels, although it has some of the same jobs. You'll be relying on some swimming jobs, like rafting wood and straightening the river, especially with premium energy.
Ok thanks, But what if i dont have premium energy? is it a must? and im only level 2 so should i just follow deniseros guide?

damnit!! i just remembered i didin't go pure hider i went pure trader!!! oh man thats a bummer right now lol.... Well you got anything for a pure trader?

DeletedUser

El talked me into a pure hider Advent and I love it. My favorite character so far and she's only a level 14.

DeletedUser

World 4. I really love it. There are quests I can't do yet but I got Turkey Hunting early and its a nice xp job for low level. Now I just need someone to let me shop. I got $1k and no donkey. Money jobs aren't too bad either since I got that much and haven't sold anything I've found. It all adds up. Lol.

DeletedUser

LOL, Hmm maybe ill go pure hider instead of trader.. how long did it take you to get to level 14 and what kind of jobs did you do up to level 10?

DeletedUser

I've been playing less than a week. Probably 5 or 6 days. I did lots of Hunting Turkey as soon as I got the job. Prospecting for cash. Plus Cowboy for the steak for quests.

DeletedUser

K maybe ill start hiding idk wat world tho :)

DeletedUser13696

Pure trader is the best so far for me.. why? because you get a lot of money and objects and by the time you are lvl 57 you can do hernandos sword quest/get best gear for dueling/ save some money to reskill to dueler.!