Pure Class Guides

Elmyr

If you care about jobs, you're better off in the long run going firearms, and melee is much better suited for resistance. Dexterity/shooting plus charisma/appearance. You'll suck defensively and be inconsistent offensively, but if you want dueling + jobs...

Staind

As Elmyr said, Go for shooting and appearance if you wanna do jobs.. :) But if you wanna be a resistance dueler, go Pure Strength while putting SP into Reflex.. (and a little Aim as well)

I have a soldier in W7, it is a melee soldier but I went for Pure Charisma/Vigor.. I kinda like it.. It gives good jobs and is good at dueling as well.. :)

Pegusus

Hi Guys,

Can any1 advise me on what a pure mob/hider should branch out in if he wanna be able to do most quests?

Elmyr

I haven't analyzed it, but the biggest roadblocks for my hider was trading with Indians for the adventurer quest, silver mining for Kate's wedding band and transporting prisoners, and another yellow skill job for a secret quest that I can't talk about. I was able to do all three jobs by temporarily respeccing about 20 SP from hiding to appearance once I got the full gentleman's set. Hiders probably have the best chance of getting the walking stick because they do so many luck jobs.

I haven't worried about most other quests though, so I'm not sure of other potential roadblocks, but most quest jobs can be done by anyone with gear plus LP they get from their AP. I'm currently speccing charisma/leadership for steering a paddle steamer for the level 75 quests. I'm not worrying about the jobs I need for the first path of the level 67 quests or guarding the stagecoach for the third level 75 quest yet though, so I haven't figured out the best course to get every job I need.

Koka2

awesome! this helped alot, yet items give so much bonus :O
What i dont understand is why do i get hit with so much damage when im evangelizing, i did it 4-5 times now, 320 damage, 180, 170 170 and finally the lowest was 10, its strange

go traders :D

Dr.Drud

What i dont understand is why do i get hit with so much damage when im evangelizing, i did it 4-5 times now, 320 damage, 180, 170 170 and finally the lowest was 10, its strange
It's a pretty high risk job (77% Danger), so you risk getting some serious injuries. Just don't do it with fewer than 10 LP and you'll be fine. If you really can't wait another level, just do one-hour shifts instead of two-hour shifts, and check back to see if you've been damaged severely.

@ Elmyr (or anyone else who can answer or give suggestions):
What would you do with a pure shooter who has unlocked all jobs requiring the shooting skill? My earlier plan was to go resistance-dueller-hunting (with some Dodge and Appearance probably), but they might be extinct once I get there...
Is there any skill that will open up more jobs? Hiding, perhaps?
[My Shooter is lvl 58, but still has a chunk of points in Trapping (I'm moving 5 points every 5 days) since I did pure trapping for way too long :p, but I'm just thinking ahead...]
EDIT: What would be the best way to start getting ready for the 67/75 quests? Leadership for steering the paddle steamer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Koka2

@ Drud- Thanks Drud, your right, i did it with 10 labor points and i only take fewer that 50 each time, thanks man, helped me a bunch

kman288

@Drud, i wouldn't worry about what to do after you get to all shooting jobs, because your a long ways off. you won't be there till 70-80. but i'd go for dueling skills, just because the rewards for dueling always increase with you. as for getting ready, don't unless your at the exp jobs for shooting already. cause it'd take forever to get to those quest if you neglect shooting.

GunWielder

A newb question

I am new to this game. And I wanted a starter guide and I found this thread. But when I opened the doc I could not understand it... I want to be Pure Trader. If that is the case, does the doc show me the list of job I need to concentrate on? Simply my question as newb is to become Pure Trader (Adventurer Class) what is that I might need to do?

Thanks.

crazybrad99

i have put most of my skill points into the dexterity category what character should i be if all my skills and attribute points are in that one category??

Elmyr

@ Elmyr (or anyone else who can answer or give suggestions):
What would you do with a pure shooter who has unlocked all jobs requiring the shooting skill? My earlier plan was to go resistance-dueller-hunting (with some Dodge and Appearance probably), but they might be extinct once I get there...
Is there any skill that will open up more jobs? Hiding, perhaps?
[My Shooter is lvl 58, but still has a chunk of points in Trapping (I'm moving 5 points every 5 days) since I did pure trapping for way too long :p, but I'm just thinking ahead...]
EDIT: What would be the best way to start getting ready for the 67/75 quests? Leadership for steering the paddle steamer?
Your edit pretty much answers the question. It's hard to focus on the next skills with the level 67/75 quests still out there. A pure shooter can do all of the jobs in the first path of the level 67 quest at level 67 with the right gear and SP/AP from other quests, although Scott is hard for a pure shooter. My shooter is currently speccing leadership for steering a paddle steamer, which is still going to require a substantial respec. You would probably be better off going straight to leadership for now.

I am new to this game. And I wanted a starter guide and I found this thread. But when I opened the doc I could not understand it... I want to be Pure Trader. If that is the case, does the doc show me the list of job I need to concentrate on? Simply my question as newb is to become Pure Trader (Adventurer Class) what is that I might need to do?

Thanks.
All AP in charisma and SP in trading. It's not my favorite spec, since it's horrible for low level XP jobs. Your main goal is getting silver mining ASAP, since it's a great low level cash job. There are a lot of trading jobs left after silver mining, but shooting or hiding will get you most of them. One possibility is trading until silver mining and then appearance until evangelizing, finally giving you a good XP job, then switching to pure dexterity/shooting or mobility/hiding.

i have put most of my skill points into the dexterity category what character should i be if all my skills and attribute points are in that one category??
Except for pure construction (worker), "pures" are generally better suited for adventurers, unless you plan on respeccing for dueling at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Drud

A pure shooter can do all of the jobs in the first path of the level 67 quest at level 67 with the right gear and SP/AP from other quests, although Scott is hard for a pure shooter. You would probably be better off going straight to leadership for now.
That sounds like a good idea. I'll respec the next 35 points or so of Trapping into shooting so I get Guarding the stagecoach, then go Leadership from there (both with respeccing the last trapping and with new skills).
Where should I put future AP? Mobility and Charisma both count double towards Steering a paddle steamer... Which is 'better' for the rest of the two quest lines?
If there's no easy answer (I suppose it depends on my equipment as well), I'll probably be able to figure it out once I get there - there's still far since it's my non-premium character.

Cro Sharpshooter

Where should I put future AP? Mobility and Charisma both count double towards Steering a paddle steamer... Which is 'better' for the rest of the two quest lines?
Charisma will get you all jobs from lvl75 quest faster or equal as mobility so it`s a bit better. And since you can do all shooting jobs, you`ll be fine for lvl67 quest. You`ll just need to put 10ish SP in hiding for first part of lvl67 quest(gear will do the rest) and you`re set to go, at least till 75th level, then hiding/leadership will be needed.

Elmyr

I missed the part about not having finished respeccing trapping, but it doesn't make much of a difference. I'm kind of torn. I've being going leadership for the level 75 quests on a few worlds, but my pure shooter has done all of the level 67 quests besides dueling Scott. Every job in the level 67 quest that uses shooting also uses trapping, besides transporting ammunition (for the dynamite for "Organizing") and prison guard. You might be better off doing level 67 first as a trapper/shooter.

If you do work towards the level 75 quests first, the leadership for steering a paddle steamer will also get you guarding the stage for the third level 75 quest and the rounds for Organizing. Hiding for chasing bandits and burglary at level 75 will go towards ambushing stagecoach and robbing trains, but the biggest problem there is that chasing bandits and burglary both have no blue skills at all.

GunWielder

All AP in charisma and SP in trading. It's not my favorite spec, since it's horrible for low level XP jobs. Your main goal is getting silver mining ASAP, since it's a great low level cash job. There are a lot of trading jobs left after silver mining, but shooting or hiding will get you most of them. One possibility is trading until silver mining and then appearance until evangelizing, finally giving you a good XP job, then switching to pure dexterity/shooting or mobility/hiding.
Thanks a ton. I think this is what I will do.

Regards

ishubagaria

Thanks a ton. I think this is what I will do.

Regards
You can also go for leadership after you reach evangelizing to get you to the double leadership jobs since you'll already have a lot of charisma.

hpexpress Gang

I'm still new.
I want to sorry if someone already answered this question in advance.
how do we visit towns and sell our inventory.

funkenmittens

Click on the town, and in the middle/bottom of the graphic, there should be a sign post. Click on that sign post, and that will allow your character to travel to the town. Once you are there, just drag items from your inventory to the store inventory, and it will ask you if you want to sell.