PS2 online????

DeletedUser

Ok, I don't feel like creating an account on the playstation network forums and I"m really sorry if I'm breaking any rules. I've got a PS2 (laugh it up) and I keep brutalizing everyone on the hardest difficulty in STBF2, Ghost Recon, etc. I'm trying to play online, I got no router, so I'm playing directly from my modem. I have the ethernet cord which I got from EBgames (I'm starting to question if I need that or if I just blew my money.) I have ps2 slim so I'm covered for the network adapter. Only problem is, every time I hook it up, on the My Network Configuration, I keep getting the message "Connection has timed out" (Don't tell me I need to reset the modem cause I tried loads of times.) If anyone can help me out with that, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Also, I hook the ethernet cord from the back of the ps2 to the back of the modem, is that right? Or do I have to do something else?

Thanks,
Mikethedice

DeletedUser

Yeah you seem to be doing everything right. I had an old short one that I used when I first found out about playing online and I lost connection like every two minutes. So I went and bought this really long one and It works fine, I never lose connection any more.

Maybe you just need a better ethernet cord? I can't remember, but I think that the one I bought was pricey. About how much did the one you buy cost? Also, are you sure that you are plugging in the cord into the right slot on your modem? You might be accidentally plugging it in to a wrong slot. And one more question I have is, where do you get the timed out message? Is it in the game or when you turn the Ps2 on?

Yeah thats about all I can help you with, the only reason I actually play online and even have my Ps2 anymore is for SWB2. That game is pretty fun online :D. If you get it working, you might catch me online some times. My online name is XIAS and I usually play as the sniper class, they really can dominate a battle if you use them right.

DeletedUser

Hey, I'm trying to get that game online too, I have a blue cord, about 5, or ft, I got it at EBgames for about 5 bucks cause they didn't have the 35 ft one. I get the timed out message when I'm trying to create a network configuration. I take out the cable connecting to my PC on the ethernet slot on my modem and I put the ethernet cord. My friend is coming soon and he'll try to help me out, if not I'll gt a longer one.

DeletedUser

Yup you might just need a better cord. The one you have sounds just like the one I had and I'm sure that the one I have right now cost way more than $5.