Proposed Salery Formula

DeletedUser

It is affecting the sallary because your 100% sallary changes with difficulty somehow. That a fact otherwise you will not be able to get such high sallaries for drilling oil ... That's the way of %. You should know it, it's only a question of interpretation (substitution). The base equation must be somewhere like I've wrtitten.

Sallary_percent*hours*morale_before*f(diff,LP)

where f(x,y) can ignore x when needed, but I highly doubt it, because through my observations it is affecting the sallary in a strong way. But I've not been able to do high end obs till now.

I've only adjusted it for stealing horses, drilling oil (as you have mentioned here) and lower jobs. Also maybe the truth is somewhere else :).

I know my equation would mean that burglary is better than Bounty hunting, but the difference is only 5 $ or so.

Edit: Try to look at 100% sallaries from your written results. You will see that 100% is raising up with difficulty.

DeletedUser

Still it's possible that I've just luckily taken results from jobs that are good for that equation :). I tried it on hunting grizzlies and it returned a bit higher prediction than it should. Maybe they just divided all jobs into categories which have their own 100% salaries. I don't know :D It seems too confusing to me now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

how much money will i get from clearing the forest? with labor of 1 and doing it for the first time so with 100% motivation?

DeletedUser5046

({[(Salary percent) +[(Salary percent/100) * (Salary percent/2)]}*Hours)*(motivation BEFORE work/100)*[(labor points*0.002)+1)]*Random

i dunno if it'll work...:unsure: i still have to try it on mah low level char.

DeletedUser

Calculator

Hello
I'd like to join you to find out the exact formula.
I recently made a calculator which can provide you some usefull informations about how many money/experience can you earn with a job with your current skills/motivation or how many points you can build in a construction.
Here you can find the program and some info:

http://sunwest.atw.hu/calc_eng.htm

Experience and build formulas are OK I guess, but maybe salary is inaccurate.
I was only able to test it with low (level 20) characters. Please test it with high numbers, and post here the results.

DeletedUser

What would be good is maybe to create joint database for job results, because nobody can find out equation (only with high luck) without seeing enough results. You can't have too much characters and time to run enough tests at your own.

DeletedUser

What would be good is maybe to create joint database for job results, because nobody can find out equation (only with high luck) without seeing enough results. You can't have too much characters and time to run enough tests at your own.

Yes but 1 or 2 incorrect numbers can screw the whole operation.

DeletedUser

Actualy they can't because majority will show you the way. And I was trying to say that it would be great to copy paste (ctrl+a, ctrl+c, ctrl+v) the work result into some webpage also no human error can occur. The webpage will be accessible only by the trusted people who will not have any intention to sabotage the data :).
And if you must login to put such data inside, we can add your login to your added data, so we can filter them if there is a suspicion for data manipulation :).

DeletedUser3741

I got framework problems when I tried the Xp one but the money one seemed to work fine

but its severely off, with 100% giving $40~

Error

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at TheWest_calc.MainForm.Button1Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

DeletedUser3741

Opps I see my error

Forgot to modify Motivation value
However money is still too low at higher percentages

DeletedUser

What formula are you using?

To the calculator I made a new salary formula based on 20-30 job details but its far not enough to make a decent one.

DeletedUser5046

i think te characters's level have e bigges influence on te equation...

starting at greenhorn we could possibly find out te first extraction of salary....
regasrdless of items hat add stats..

DeletedUser

The problem with salary formula is, that it certainly is not very logical as there should be constant 100% :). But it isn't. Each time you compute 100% it's different for jobs with different salary %. That makes me thinking that 100% is dependent more on salary% than on some constant.

DeletedUser

Character's level has nothing to do with salary. Only your LP has. But even that influence is very low.

DeletedUser5046

te class i mean....it has something to do wit it....every class has its own weakness and strength on te jobs....

DeletedUser

You mean premium, not class :). There is a premium that gives you 50% bonus to your salary.

DeletedUser5046

class like adventurer have advantages on getting a money aside from bonuses on items...
so are some duelers.. i dunno if the alloted percentages of the classes are all add up to te average salary of the jobs ...

DeletedUser3741

What formula are you using?

To the calculator I made a new salary formula based on 20-30 job details but its far not enough to make a decent one.

Was using the formula inside your program

unless you uploaded a new version since last I posted

From where I got the numbers from, from job reports

Heres a set of job reports of silver mining, Higher LP is Higher on the list, Around 50 LP difference from top report to bottom report

Motivation
71%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 190

Motivation
76%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 209

Motivation
81%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 217

Motivation
82%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 186

Motivation
87%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 235

89%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 244

94%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 251

73%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 196

79%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 211

84%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 230

89%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 235

94%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 311

82%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 226

87%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 323

91%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 358

69%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 216

75%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 200

80%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 218

85%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 233

89%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 219

94%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 203

DeletedUser

Duelers have only bonus to % of money they can steal from their victim, not increase in salary. Duel is not a job, it's event I think.

Adventurer has no such bonus you are describing here.

DeletedUser

Well, my formula is worthless.

I was wondering about if we download all the west files (*.html/*.js) maybe we can find the formula inside one of it's files.

Edited:
I guess i've found the 'soul' of the west, some part of it:

"function(B,A){A=A[0]||1.618;return Math.pow(B,2)*((A+1)*B-A);},Bounce:function(D){var C;for(var B=0,A=1;
1;B+=A,A/=2){if(D>=(7-4*B)/11){C=-Math.pow((11-6*B-11*D)/4,2)+A*A;break;}}return C;},Elastic:function(B,A){return Math.pow(2,10*--B)*Math.cos(20*B*Math.PI*(A[0]||1)/3);"

It's just about the 1/100th of the whole file.
If you need the whole thing, catch me on msn: zaki555666@mailbox.hu