Proposed Salery Formula

DeletedUser3741

Sorry, I made a mistake in rewriting your formula, but still it's not correct. 1 hour job should earn you half of the sallary of your 2h job. But you get 194$ for 2 hours and 114$ for 1 hour which is weird because it's not a half of 194$. But still thank you for telling me how much you will earn at Drilling for oil at lp 1.

Youre right, thanks for noticing that

I move the hours multiplication more the end of the equation

should be more accurate now on different times

DeletedUser

Now as I've tried your new formula, it's results are more away from the truth than before. Did you use some mathematical approach to get that equation or you used method try and see?

DeletedUser3741

Well the labor part I guessed, and that one is probably completely wrong, so far theres too much impact from labor points

Im taking results from averages of actual reports(at least 5 reports to make an average), and the formula will always assume no labor points since Im pretty sure how im calculating that is wrong, all based on 2 hours

15% - 25$
Formula gives me 30

31% - 66$
Formula gives me 68

76% - 216$
Formula gives me 201

I used trial and error mostly, but once It started hitting my most common percentages I proposed it

DeletedUser

It would be great to have enough data for analysis :). The LP impact can be seen best on two jobs. best would be to take one low difficulty job at LP 1 and do as many 2h jobs as possible to get the average salaries from it. Then move it's LP higher and repeat 2h jobs. After that, push it up some more and do it again. In the end we can do an analysis of the impact of LP on a low difficulty job. Then we can move to a higher one and do the same. This way we can figure out if the impact is linear or it's somehow dependent on difficulty ... As I've already said the biggest problem is that we don't have enough data to analyze :).

DeletedUser3741

Yea I already realized the lack of data which is why i put it on the public forums but as you can see its not exactly giving me much feedback

DeletedUser

Ok, I can share my data with you :). I have about 80-100 job results.

DeletedUser3741

Youre a smart guy I know
So see if you can solve it from here with your data

DeletedUser

The problem is that I don't have the data for the higher difficulty jobs. My highest is 141 (Hunt coyotes) and it doesn't give too much $.

DeletedUser3741

Doesnt matter

High percentage or low percentage, to get an accurate formula we need to be accurate on both grounds

DeletedUser

And that was the problem, I was quite accurate at the lower ground :D but after you told me that for drilling oil you get around 230$ I realized, that I'm not accurate at the higher one. Problem is in that random factor which leaves too much space for improvisation.

DeletedUser

The experience is very easy to predict. It's not affected by LP so you just get the right value for 100% and you have it.

Exp gained = Exp_percentage/100*Motivation_before/100*Hours*100*Random

where
Motivation_before = Motivation_after+0.03*Hours
last 100 is maximum experience per hour.

At least this worked like a magic for lower jobs.

This equation is logical and that's how I started to create the equation for salary.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3741

Xp formula has already been discovered, tried and tested by thousands

Formula is 50*(XP%)*duration*(1+x)*motivation = earned XP (Note *= times)

EXP
So if the exp is 30% put .30

Duration
10 minutes = 1/3
30 minutes = 1
1 hour = 2
2 hours = 4

Motivaiton
100%=1
59% = .59

Random factor x:
anything from -0.5 to 0.5 (0 is average)

DeletedUser

To this I'll only say that your and my equations are the same ;). With your equation you said that you can get 50 exps per 30 minutes and I said that you can get 100 exps per hour ;). You get the multipier of 2 for one hour of work. I get multiplier of 1. So in the end it's exactly the same equation.

DeletedUser

Now as I've seen some more job results I think that job difficulty is not having any impact on the salary. That can give us some hint to focus on the LP alone and maybe some basic salary constant.

DeletedUser

Jack B. Discovered this equation when "Spieing" on a German forum. Lets all thank him for hepling us contribbuting to this war! ( Sorry for the bad joke. Please dont flame me.)

DeletedUser

Xp formula has already been discovered, tried and tested by thousands

Formula is 50*(XP%)*duration*(1+x)*motivation = earned XP (Note *= times)

EXP
So if the exp is 30% put .30

Duration
10 minutes = 1/3
30 minutes = 1
1 hour = 2
2 hours = 4

Motivaiton
100%=1
59% = .59

Random factor x:
anything from -0.5 to 0.5 (0 is average)

Hello, I have a comment for this.
I tried it based on many report and seemed accurated. But then I came into a case where lies a problem.

23% experience job -> worked 2 hours starting at 100% motivation -> gave me 24 exp.
That seems ok with formula, but the case is I have builder bonus doubled by premium. Thats is 10% more exp. The formula cannot confirm 24 exp with the bonus in mind.

Am I doing something wrong here?

DeletedUser

Ok, now I think that jobs of different difficulty have different sallary :
(All % are in x/100 format, that means 1 for 100% and 0 for 0%)

Sallary_percent*hours*50*morale_before*(f(diff)+LP*0.01)

where f(x) is a function of difficulty.

I still need to test it on more results, but it seems quite accurate for lower jobs (till 150) I need to test it for higher ones. I'm currently trying f(x) as

f(x) = MAX(1;Difficulty/100)*(1+LP*0.001)

EDIT: Slightly adjusted f(x) function

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3741

Difficulty doesnt affect wages

Anyone who can do the high jobs could tell you that

End labor does but it seems to be an EXTREMELY minor bonus