Project Genesis

DeletedUser

Scorpius roared as he was hit, before collapsing down behind cover. Several seconds later Capricorn dropped down beside him.
"What the hell is wrong with you! What are you some sort of Spetnaz idiot?"
Scorpius paused, looking at her. "Yeah. I'm Spetnaz, got a problem with that?" He said menacingly, the glint of insanity clear in his eyes.
Turning away from her, he stood up into a crouching position, trying to ignore the searing pain emanating from his two wounds, aiming his handgun at the visible soldiers, Scorpius screamed as he unloaded hot lead in their direction.
A scream filled the air as one of the soldiers went down, a spray of crimson spewing from the man's head.
As the magazine clicked on empty, the remaining soldiers shot in his direction, Scorpius ducked back down.
He threw his handgun aside, and gripped his knife in both hands. He would make them pay, he would make them all pay...

DeletedUser31931

Aries dragged himself to his feet, what he had assumed was a grenade had turned out to be a LAW rocket and so Aries flew backwards somehow managing to retain hold of his assault rifle and with the handgun strapped into his holster he didn't loose that either. He stood back up and gripped his rifle as he saw the war-torn room. This situation was going to turn into disaster if something didn't happen soon. Aries glanced through the room for about a second before spotting what he was looking for. The man with the LAW.... this whole thought process had taken Aries about two seconds, long enough to escape the attention on the soldiers. He raised his rifle and aimed and fired one burst at the soldier with the LAW. Not checking to see if it had hit or not, he spun his upper body round and aimed and fired at the first soldier who fell back as the rounds caught him in the upper chest/rib cage region of his body smashing into his body propelling him backwards as two bullets found his heart. Ducking behind cover Aries prepared to pop out and fire again maybe taking two men this time.

(OOC: By not checking if I kill the LAW soldier I leave it in your hands oh gracious Braet.)

DeletedUser13682

Finally, things were going well. Oddball had listened, and had dropped his weapon. Noctua expected Cassie to feel immediately better. Then things started to take a turn for the worse. Noctua heard a loud thump, and turned around to see Cassie collapsed on the chair. “Cassie!” Noctua heard himself let out, somewhat a whelp more than a scream, and started to head toward her. That instant, an intense vibration was felt, nearly knocking Noctua to the ground, and causing ceiling to rain down on the occupants. A few seconds after that, as Noctua was arriving at Cassie, Oddball fell through a wall, revealing a dark room of machinery. Mumbling to himself, Oddball searched the room. Noctua attended to Cassie. “Do you need anything Cassie?” he asked her. Before she could reply, things got worse.

Cassie, who was facing the hole in the wall, bolted out of her chair, and gave a scream. Noctua turned around to see what was wrong. He witnessed a man with week old stubble and blonde hair (the guy reminded Noctua of some rocker that had been really popular a while ago, or was it recently?) holding Oddball in a choke hold, and twisting a new weapon from his hand. He revealed himself to be one of Cephus’s goons who wanted out, and believed that bringing Cassie to Cephus would get him what he wanted. IF he didn’t get what he wanted, Oddball would have his head twisted off. Noctua pointed his pistol at the group. “We don’t care about him. You’re not getting Cassie. And, let’s be honest, you’re not getting out of here alive, no matter what you do. Either we’ll kill you now, or Cephus will kill you later, for wanting to get away from him. He’s like a mafia boss. Once you get in, you’re in for life. If you want out, you get out by being killed. Do you really want to die by Cephus’s hands? I say your best chance is to try and sneak out, under his radar, then run as far away as you can. What do you say?”

Deleted User - 819397

Capricorn took over as he had suggested, and yet Gemini wasn't thrilled with the plan. He didn't want to shoot anyone...his bluff earlier had been just that- a bluff. He wasn't a killer...he knew that for sure. Beyond that, he didn't know who he was, and yet the simple knowledge that he didn't want to take lives was comforting. The others prepped to charge, and Gemini followed behind them with Gem, pretending to cover their backs. Gem then pulled him aside and told him that she was going to find an alternate way out, as she didn't trust Scorpius. "I understand...just...be safe, ok? Don't get yourself killed."

All hell broke loose right after that, with the LAW being fired. Scorpius charged, and Capricorn followed. "What am I supposed to do..." he wondered aloud. "I'm not a supersolider like the rest of them...I'm more of a brains guy...but brains don't have a place on the battlefield..."

DeletedUser28032

Capricorn
At Scorpius' confirmation of him being a Spetnaz operative a large grin spread across the woman’s face "Imperial Legion Long live the Tsar" she spoke thumping her chest as she spoke with look of patriotic fervour in her eyes.
Although they were on opposing sides it was clear that Capricorn held a deep respect for the Spetnaz although she couldn't help but shake her head in disbelief as the man first emptied his magazine and then drew a flick knife as if he intended to charge across the office towards the waiting guns of the assembled infantrymen "I thought you Spetnaz were supposed to be good?" she mocked before holding out her rifle towards him "Here...cover me I'll show you what Imperial Legion can do" moving over to the edge of the wooden partition she tensed her muscles waiting for Scorpius to open fire before dashing across the open ground separating the two pens and then vaulting over its back wall to land beside one of the startled soldiers, his scream cut short as she effortlessly broke his neck creating a blind spot in which the others, now crouched in the doorway could advance.
--------------------------------
Noctua
The large man seemed to pause as he realised he'd made a mistake with his choice of hostage and that the other man was unlikely to give up Cassie in exchange so decided to try a different method "True...he may not let me go as you say he's rather...controlling, but he may let you and your friend here live in exchange for her" he turned to face Cassie as he spoke with a sinister looking smile upon his face "Face facts Cephus runs this place and nobody and i mean nobody is going to get out of this place alive without his say so, so you had better decide who you're friends are"

DeletedUser

Scorpius grabbed the rifle from Capricorn, took it in his hands and fired off several bursts towards the enemy,, Capricorn used the opportunity to dash across the floor and break one of the soldier's necks.
Scorpius aimed at one of the other soldiers and let loose another hail of lead.
Another soldier screamed as hot lead smashed into his head, killing him.
Scorpius made a quick count of the remaining soldiers, there weren't many left now, time for the advance.
He tried to stand up, but the pain from his shot thigh ricocheted through his body, gritting his teeth, he tried to put as little pressure on the wounded leg as possible and began to limp his way forwards, firing as he went.

DeletedUser13682

Oddball was still a hostage of this rocker looking guy. Noctua’s attempt at reason hadn’t worked, and now this guy was going to use reason to get his way. This guy made it seem like Noctua and Oddball would be allowed to live, if they gave him Cassie. Noctua didn’t know about Oddball, but he knew that Cephus wanted Noctua dead, and nothing would change that. But, if Noctua did get Oddball out of this guy’s grip, then let him escape, he might tell Cephus where they were, then their situation would be all but hopeless. “I have decided who my friends are, and I don’t count Cephus as one of them. I do count Cassie, and I won’t betray her, even if it means my death. Now, get out of here before I decide to quit resisting this urge to plaster your brains against the machinery.”

DeletedUser31931

With the LAW soldier dead, killed by Aries' bullet, Aries began to advance back towards the door. Capricorn ran across the room and killed a soldier and then Scorpius hit another. Smiling Aries shoulder his rifle and let out three short bursts of fire in the direction of the soldiers. The first two hit and one soldier slumped to the ground dead whilst the other was thrown back having been hit in the upper left region of the ribs (left if you are looking at the body. so the body's right.) whilst the third burst missed the soldier. Ducking behind the cover next to the door he prepared to pop out and fire again.

DeletedUser28032

The Soldiers
Seeing the test subjects cut down several of their number within such a short space of time the rest of the infantrymen start to withdraw from the office spraying the opposite doorway with fire causing those gathered just inside to seek cover lest they be gunned down.
With the dead mans rifle now in her possession Capricorn fires a few brief shots over the partition at the retreating soldiers allowing Scorpius and his rapidly healing legs to make a stumbling dash over to where she currently was before dropping out of sight once again.
-----------------------------------
Noctua
A brief burst of violent images is the only warning Noctua gets as the man tosses aside Regulus like a rag doll and charges across the open space towards him with bared teeth moving at an astonishing speed that surpassed even that of Cassie's earlier outburst, the look in his eyes making it clear that he would rip the two of them literally limb from limb.

DeletedUser13682

Shortly after Noctua stopped talking, he was inundated with a barrage of violent images, before the deranged grunge impersonator threw Oddball away, and started charging at Noctua and Cassie. This charge made Cassie’s earlier attack seem like a lazy cat walking across a sunny room on a Sunday afternoon. In fact the distance that separated Noctua and this goon was the only thing that gave Noctua a chance to survive. With barely any time to aim, Noctua fired two rounds at the attacker, before he blanked out.

DeletedUser

Scorpius dropped down next to Capricorn, taking a clip from the corpse of the soldier Capricorn had killed but moments ago, he reloaded his rifle, cocking it, he stood up and loosed a few rounds at the retreating troops.
"COME ON!" He roared, they had to keep up the impetus of the attack, they couldn't afford to stop now.
Scorpius leaped over the wooden partition, wincing as his still-not-fully healed legs hit the floor.
Gritting his teeth, he dashed over to the doorway, where he fired twice before ducking behind cover.

DeletedUser31931

Watching as the soldiers began to retreat Aries fired off several more rounds hitting another soldier in the back of the head, the man collapsing onto another man. He ducked behind cover as the covering fire flew past his head. As the last few went through the door Aries came out from behind covered and with his rifle still in ready to fire position moved across the room. Removing his mag and grabbing a replacement off a dead soldier's bandoleer on the floor he advanced towards the door however at such an angle that those inside could not see him until he reached where the door was. Acting upon instinct he signalled that he would lay down a burst of covering fire to allow Scorpius to get into the next room.

Deleted User - 819397

Gemini had stayed behind the fighting, still not wanting to kill anyone. Capricorn, Aries, Scorpius, and Cygnus seemed to have things under control, and he'd just be in their way at this point. He was content to bring up the rear, where it was safe...yes...safe. Just stay alive, and all will be well...assuming Cephus didn't betray them, which was unfortunately a strong possibility. Best not to think about that though...no changing the past...

DeletedUser

Scorpius used the opportunity Aries gave him, he scrambled to his feet and launched himself through the doorway into the space beyond, letting off a burst from his rifle.
He ducked and rolled behind the nearest piece of cover, before moving up onto his knees and laying down covering fire for Aries to advance.
As his bullets slammed into a few of the retreating enemy soldiers, Scorpius' mind continued to try to work out a way in which he could kill both Aries and Gem quickly and efficiently without being stopped before he could finish the job. Who to kill first?
Aries surely, then he could enjoy killing Gem, but for him to enjoy the experience, he'd need time.
Time that the others wouldn't give him.
He needed to kill Aries and Gemini, then back Gem into a corner, where he could kill her. Yes...Yes!

DeletedUser31931

Advancing into the room as quickly as he dared whilst Scorpius lay down his covering fire he ducked behind cover as bullets ripped apart the side of the pillar he was hiding behind. Turning round he fired two bursts hitting another soldier in the back of the neck as the head as he had fired whilst still bringing the rifle up to bear. As he ducked behind the pillar again he felt the rage of battle coming over him, although he tried to suppress it it was too late, with a snarl he rounded the corner and opened fire again, hitting a second and third soldier, both dropping down dead. Then, laying down his own cover fire he advanced forward, the killing machine inside him was released, and it wasn't going to stop until every one of the soldiers was dead.

DeletedUser28032

Cassie
Shrieking a warning as the man tossed aside his captive to launch himself at Noctua, the gunshots drowned out by those echoing around the building.
Racing across the room Cassie grabs hold of the man and pulls him off of Noctua; throwing him bodily against the reception desk with a cracking of wood "Noctua are you alright speak to me?" she asks shaking him by the shoulders in the hope of bringing him around.
Hearing the gurgling sound behind her she whirls around to snarl at the dying man, blood bubbling out of his mouth as well as the two gunshot wounds in his chest "Y...Y...You're little friends will...ne...never...leave this place alive....Cephus is going to kill them all..." he gasps choking on his own blood as he does so.
Trying to resist all of that sweet tasting blood behind her, just waiting to be taken Cassie turns her attention back to Noctua trying her best to ignore the dying meal, Man! the dying man behind her "Come on Noctua please wake up...I need you to help me"
----------------------------------------------
Capricorn
As bullets whistled through the air alarmingly close to where she and the others sheltered Capricorn watched as both Aries and Scorpius stormed across the room in pursuit of the enemy.
Deciding that she had best follow them in order to keep up Capricorn vaulted another of the wooden partitions before joining them, her eyes searching for any sign of the enemy and finding none; the last handful of men either having been gunned down by the two gunmen or fled "We should wait here for a little while so that the others can catch up...also it'll give Cephus time to bring up the rest of out men" she gasped suddenly feeling out of breath after the exertion god knows how the two wounded men had managed it.
Looking up at them she simply shook her head in amazement "You two are bloody crazy"
------------------------------------------------------
Gemini
Splinters of wood showered over his head as the bullets struck the partition behind which he had taken cover, far up ahead Capricorn, Aries and Scorpius were currently waging a gun battle against the rapidly retreating soldiers whilst Cygnus crouched behind a similar partition cradling his arm against his chest, gritting his teeth against the pain.
He didn't know how they could do it?, how they could act so calmly whilst the bullets shrieked passed them, missing only by mere millimetres.
Feeling his heart racing and his head pounding, he looks up in amazement as the monitor above him suddenly comes to life, the screen flickering wildly, a desk lamp burst into life only to explode a few seconds later in a shower of sparks as other nearby items seemed to suddenly spring to life.
However no sooner had these strange things started happening than they seemed stopped

DeletedUser13682

Noctua fired two rounds into the charging guy, but he was too fast for Noctua to put down in time. The man collided into Noctua, and began to rip into him. Before they hit the ground, Noctua could see that the guy wasn’t ripping apart with much energy, the bullet wounds seemed to have their effect, though not soon enough to reduce the energy of the collision. They went tumbling backwards, Noctua tripping on a corpse, and hitting his head on the desk, cutting his head open and knocking him out.

While knocked out, Noctua had a strange vision. He was walking down a tunnel, a train tunnel. Every other bulb seemed to be out, and the ones that weren’t out were dim or flickering. The walls were gray stone and had a layer of moss over them. In the distance, pale light could be seen streaming into the tunnel. Suddenly, the pale light was blocked out, replaced by a yellow dot and the sound of rushing wind. It was a train, and Noctua was trapped. He began to run away from the train, but the end of the tunnel wasn’t in sight, and the train was gaining. Soon, the tunnel started to shake, and the noise of the train was deafening. Just before the train ran over Noctua, he woke up.

It was gradual, just a blackness with a voice echoing in it. After a moment, the words could be made out, and Noctua realized that it was Cassie asking him to wake up. A few moments after that, he could feel motion. She was shaking him to help him wake up. Next came vision. He saw Cassie kneeling over him, her arms ending just above her wrists, but if he was so inclined, he could turn his head and see them firmly on his shoulders. Noctua managed to crack a smile, and said to Cassie, “I think I could get used to waking up to this sight.” Then came the feeling.

It began slowly, a dull headache, maybe some mild chest pains, but then increased until it was a splitting migraine and searing chest pains, like heated knives being stabbed through him. It was hard for him to breathe, being able to only let out short, ragged gasps, and his thinking came to him in short, blurry bursts. He could move his body, but it hurt to try and stand, and scooting along only hurt slightly less. He could feel the back of his neck and head were damp. “Cassie,” Noctua wheezed out. “I think I’ll need you to help me before I can help you. What’s wrong with me?”

DeletedUser31931

"You two are bloody crazy"
"They damaged my leg, decreased my chances of getting out of this place. Now they're going to pay." Aries snarled in return, the fever of battle having finally taken over, his instincts dictating what he did, ducking behind cover as more bullets flew at them and then popping out as they re-loaded and cutting down several more of their men at a time however his brain managed to retain just enough control to make him obey the order. So he stayed behind his cover, popping out, killing and then popping back in. It was too late now, he had given in to the frenzy, when they were all dead, maybe then it would stop.

DeletedUser

"You two are bloody crazy"
Scorpius relaxed behind cover assault rifle gripped tight in his hands, watching Aries continue on his one-man suicide run.
Now would be the perfect time.
Suddenly Scorpius swung his rifle butt, smashing it into the side of Capricorn's head, knocking her out cold.
Turning, Scorpius looked at Aries, technically he was an obstacle in his path to killing Gem, but he seemed fully occupied.
Grabbing the weapons and ammo off Capricorn in surplus to his own, Scorpius stood up and dashed back along the corridor and through the room full of wooden partitions.
His time had come. VENGEANCE! Screamed the voice in his head, and now he could have it, within his grasp!
Slowing down, Scorpius stepped through the door leading into the lobby, where all the others lay.
He raised his rifle and let off a hail of bullets into the room, not aiming at anyone in particular, before ducking back behind the door.
"Send out Gem and nobody else needs to get hurt." He called into the room.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: I'm standing aside, Gem will have to save herself, I'm in a blood rage and all.)

Aries saw out of the corner of his eye Scorpius smash Capricorn but he ignored it. He was intent on killing the enemy, and anyway, if Gem couldn't look after herself then she shouldn't be protected. He carried on ducking behind cover and firing out again, unless Scorpius turned on him, then this was not his fight, not any more.