Project Genesis

DeletedUser

Regulus woke up after a very long sleep only to find out he was drugged and kept to sleep for a long time.Regulus murmured "This.....is.....a bad day".Regulus was about to ask the guards if they could give him food but to his amusement all guards were gone and his concrete wall had been broken down.

Regulus then exited his room.Out of his room was a sign "Solitary Imprisonment" and "Potential Threat: Grade 5".He was thinking to himself "What was I doing here?".Regulus wanted to go to the toilet but couldn't find it.After long hours of searching he found a room called "Dispose Center".He thought this was the toilet.He walked in,didn't think about anything except for the fact that he was desperate to go to toilet.

Regulus entered the pitch black room,thinking only of his desperate "private" needs.Regulus was trying his best to find a toilet but couldn't find one.Regulus mistook a photon energizer as a toilet seat since it was very,well,oval shaped with a hole.Regulus after some time wanted to flush and switched on the "Fire" button.The photon energizer made a screaming sound and sent a boat load of heat and photons in,Regulus' butt.Regulus soon began telling,"Hot,hot,hot and Hot!!" He got up and wore his pants and escaped the room.Regulus was pretty hot and said,"The Health department needs to give it a F."

Regulus began walking and saw a few people moving.He was unsure of them and hid in a trash can.A boy of medium size began running and hit the trash can.Regulus tried his best to hide while the boy ran away.Regulus was thinking who the boy was and why he was in the same clothes.Regulus forgot it and began walking toward the elevator.Regulus entered the elevator and pressed the button "3rd Floor".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

Noctua smiled with Cassie. She was right, crazy was relative in this place. “I think maybe I broke up a group of people who pretended to be vampires once. All they did was drink the blood of others people. It was all consensual, I think. Busted them for drugs, if I remember correctly.” Cassie asked if Noctua could tell what she was thinking, and to be honest, he couldn’t. “I really don’t think I can control it, at least at the moment. It comes in and out, like an AM radio stuck on during a thunderstorm. Besides, I still have to figure out the morality of mind reading. I don’t know the rules of this thing.” Noctua shrugged; the moral aspect of his ability would have to be figured out later.

A few minutes later, gunfire erupted somewhere. “Sounds like somebody decided to risk the stairs up to the lobby. Maybe they’ll take out enough guards to maybe allow us to take out the rest. They might get reinforcements there, though.” Noctua heard the thought of departing men, they had lust for war. But, there was somebody else who remained. There was something different about this one. It might have been somebody across the hall. “There’s one person, I think in the room across the hall. Not the exit door. I think we should sneak past this one. No need getting into another fight.”

DeletedUser28032

Cassie
Leaving the office Cassie followed Noctua towards the exit only to find the door had already been opened by somebody, the lack of any siren meaning that there fears of the door being alarmed were thankfully groundless.
"There’s somebody in there..." Cassie whispered quietly into Noctua's ear "I can smell them...I...I have heightened senses" she continued with a slight smile no longer feeling quite so uncomfortable about her...weirdness since Noctua's claim of being able to read minds.
Slipping her hand into the pocket of the large coat that Noctua had lent her Cassie took hold of the gun nestling within unsure as to whether or not she would be able to use it should the need arise, a silly thought if you considered that she had killed at least one person already with her bare hands.
Pushing open the door and stepping into the room she stops as she see's a young man with blond hair and dressed in hospital scrubs stood by the lift doors.
Glancing sideways at Noctua as if asking him what to do Cassie clears her throat so as to attract the mans attention before speaking "I wouldn't use the lift if i was you...a friend of ours said they might be trapped" it wasn't the best introduction in the world but it would have to do.
-----------------------------------------
Regulus
(OOC: This is Master Grooves Character sheet)
Subject Name: Regulus
Description: 5'6 with Blonde hair and white coloured eyes. Medium in size and very cruel and malicious nature.
Major Skill: Diplomacy.
Minor Skill 1: Sprinting.
Minor Skill 2: Mixed Martial arts (Novice)
---------------------------------------------------------
As he pushes the third floor button within the lift, he discovers that not only will the doors not closed but the button itself refuses to even light up. A quick inspection of the panel however reveals a small neatly printed sign saying that the lift could only take him to the floor directly above him without the use of a key.
Behind him he hears the voice of a woman speaking to him; she has short dark hair and is dressed in what appears to be a nurses uniform beneath a long coat, a man is stood next to her dressed in some kind of uniform although all forms of insignia and identification has been removed.

DeletedUser13682

Their door had already been opened; guess it was a good thing that it had been proven that there was no alarm. But it might prove bad as well; who else was here with them? Cassie announced that there was somebody in there. She could tell because of the heightened senses that whatever experiments that were done in this facility had given her. Cassie walked forward, a hand in one of the jacket’s pockets, probably the one with the pistol in it. Noctua drew out his pistol, and held the barrel beside his cheek, like a duelist, and walked forward with Cassie.

They stopped near a lift, whose sole occupant was a blonde man, trying to push a button. Cassie warned him that a friend of theirs had said the lift was a trap. Noctua added to that introduction, “Put your hands on top of your head, slowly walk out of the lift, take three paces toward us, stop, then tell us your name. Do you understand that?”

DeletedUser

Regulus remains in the elevator to find that a woman in nurse's outfit and a man with a gun enter it.Regulus say,"Who might you kind people be?".He pushes the 3rd floor button.To his amusement the elevator could only go till 1st floor.So he punched the 1st floor button.Regulus then asks them,"Where are we now?".Regulus then keep on asking questions like "Are we in jail?" ,"Are you guys married",etc.The elevator then reaches the first floor and he waltzes out of the elevator as if nothing has happened.

DeletedUser

Scorpius moved up onto the landing, the troopers that had been covering the stairwell were now dead, and as he moved past their bodies, he knelt down, stuffed his handgun in his pocket (making sure that the safety catch was on) before picking up an assault rifle and a belt with pockets of ammo from one of the corpses.
Not pausing to think, he affixed the belt around his waist and clicked the safety catch off the rifle, before standing back up and following Capricorn and her two minions.
Cygnus opened the door to the lobby and moved inside.
Scorpius followed, keeping his rifle held at shoulder height, he looked around the room, it was empty.
Keeping one eye fixed on the opposite door leading out the room, and the other eye looking around the room, looking for any possible booby traps, Scorpius steadily advanced forwards.
He reached the door and flattened himself against the wall, keeping his rifle aimed at the door, he motioned with his head for the others to open it.
Ah, this was what he lived for, the bloodlust, the combat, to kill or be killed, counting his days down to zero, marching, bleeding, fighting.
Scorpius could not imagine his life any other way, he was a killer, and soon he would kill Gem, soon, so soon...the words soothed the voice inside his head, which relaxed, safe in the knowledge that Scorpius was fully in it's grip...

DeletedUser31931

Aries moved up the stairs quickly grabbing a pistol still in it's holster and two spare mags from a dead body as well as about four more rifle ammo mags on a Bandolier that Aries put on adding the two pistol mags to it. Aries now had a pistol in a holster with two spare mags and a rifle and five spare mags. Then he looked down at his trousers. They were covered in blood and ripped pulling them off so that only his boxers were showing he pulled a pair off the dead man. It wasn't pleasant but it would have to do. He pulled the man's khaki trousers on and then grabbed his shoes to see if they would fit, they didn't. Aries chucked them aside and grabbing his rifle off the floor where he had put it to grab the pistols he moved into the room looking around and satisfied it was clear he moved up to Cygnus and said "Hear anything?" He then awaited some signal from Cephus' goons as to what to do next.

DeletedUser28032

Cassie
She couldn't help but gape as the lift doors closed, the man still asking the two of them seemingly random questions as they did so "Do you think he's mad or something?" Cassie asked Noctua listening to any explanation he gave before heading towards the stairs, the sound of yet more gunfire this time echoing down from directly above them, apparently whoever Noctua had sensed leaving the room had found a target.
The stairway, like the lobby was identical in everyway to the ones they had been in with the others right down to the sad looking plastic lilies in the corner of the room "We should probably follow him...he's not one of Cephus' but he could give us away" Cassie spoke pushing open the door and gazing up the concrete stairwell. The coast was clear. Beckoning Noctua to follow she starts her way up the stairs.
----------------------------------------------
Regulus
The lifts doors opened onto a small lobby area similar to the one below; two small rows of cheap vinyl covered chairs filled the bulk of the room with a reception desk stood directly in front of the lift, the flatscreen monitor sat upon it was riddled with bullet holes as were much of the walls.
Sprawled across the floor were five dead bodies, three were dressed in army fatigues and the other two were in hospital scrubs similar to the ones worn by himself and although most of the bodies seemed to have died from gunshots, no doubt the ones he'd heard within the lift, at least one of the bodies had had its throat ripped out as if by an attack dog.
There were three doors within the room; one door stood to the left of the lift and led to a set of stairs going back down. The other two doors were directly opposite him though one of them bore the legend TOILETS in stencilled lettering.
The sound of gunfire meanwhile continued to echo all over this floor some of it sounding alarmingly close to where he currently was.
----------------------------------------------
Cygnus
The big man shook his head at Aries question as he trained his rifle on the door whilst Capricorns two goons moved up to join Scorpius "No I can't hear anything...Though Rambo seems to know what he's doing so I’ll let him lead the way and then follow him" he spoke quietly nodding his head at Scorpius as the goon nearest to him made ready to kick open the door.
---------------------------------------------
Aries
As he watched the two fatigue clad men and Scorpius make ready to open the door he was suddenly gripped a light headed sensation and a pain in his guts, like bad indigestion. At first he assumed it was nerves and then he saw what was happening in front of him.
The three men at the door suddenly seemed to split into six, three real and three ghosts it was like watching a broken TV causing his head to ache and his eyes to water as one of the ghosts kicked down the door.
There was no sound when the ghost died, cut down by a silent hail of gunfire, the ghosts of Scorpius and the other man diving into the next room with Capricorn and Cygnus in close pursuit only to be tossed aside by a sudden explosion and then it was gone the ghosts like a dream had vanished leaving only the real versions standing there...the man kicked open the door.
--------------------------------------------
Gem
She had sat in the corner of the small landing, silently watching as the others had looted the bodies of anything of use before leaving, her finger tensed on the trigger of her weapon just in case Scorpius had somehow managed to spot her crouched in the corner her hands trembling uncontrollably.
As Gemini came up onto the landing, the others having already left she made herself visible once more grabbing her brother by the wrist before he could open the door "Gemini wait...there’s something I need to tell you" she had thought about this whilst the bullets had ricocheted around her some coming perilously close to hitting her and thought she had made the right decision "I am not going to be following the others...I...I don't trust Capricorn and Scorpius wishes to kill me...I am going to wait here then find my own way out"

DeletedUser31931

What was that?! Was it the future or what?! Whatever it was he had to stop it from happening?! Without thinking Aries grabbed Cygnus and pulled him back as just as he had seen the man was hit by a hail of gunfire just as in his vision. "No time to explain. I can see the future and they are going to die." Aries dragged Cygnus back and said "There's a grenade coming get back!"

DeletedUser

Scorpius tensed as the door was kicked open, suddenly, Aries grabbed Cygnus and pulled him aside.
"No time to explain. I can see the future and they are going to die. There's a grenade coming get back!" Aries shouted.
Not taking any chances, Scorpius ducked to the floor and rolled behind the desk, he put his hands over his head protectively and waited for the blast.

DeletedUser31931

Having thrown Cygnus out of the way and seen Scorpius roll out of the way Aries lifted his rifle and opened fire into the room. He ran for a table ignoring his wound and dived into the corner where Gem and Gemini were. He smashed the table over with his fist and shouted "Come on! Get down!" He kneeled on one leg with the other forming a 90 degree angle with only his head and shoulders above the table holding his rifle, Aries took aim. The first person he saw coming through that door he was going to shoot. Glancing down for half a second he checked his wound, it hadn't opened in his sprint thankfully although he wasn't going to risk trying that again.

DeletedUser

When the the lift's door opened, Regulus sighed at the similarity of the two floors. He walked out of the elevator and went over to the dead bodies. He searched their pockets if he could find anything. He found a gun and some ammunition for it in one of the bodies with army uniforms. He gleefully said, "Today must be my lucky day!".
He then started exploring the lobby in search for survivors but could find none.He remembered the two faces when the elevator doors closed. He then sat down on a chair and waited for anyone to come. No one showed up so he just lied down imitating one of the dead bodies. He grew bored and soon fell asleep in that position with the gun and ammo in a cupboard in a table.

DeletedUser13682

Noctua shrugged, and responded. “Not sure, but whatever he is, we should keep a close watch on him. Even if he isn’t an enemy, he might do something that could reveal us. I don’t think we can trust anybody here, so be wary of him.” Somehow, Cassie had slipped away while Noctua was talking, and was now climbing up the stairs, motioning Noctua to follow her. He arrived where she was at, just as she gave the coast clear sign, and began the ascent to the next level. Noctua overtook her, and arrived in the lobby first.

This lobby was just like the one they were forced out of, only with the addition of battlefield chaos, five dead bodies (three dressed in army uniforms and three in hospital scrubs) and a destroyed computer monitor. Noctua searched the bodies, hoping to find any ammunition. He found none on the soldiers, and didn’t expect to find any on the nurses. Noctua was about to ask if Cassie could do anything with the computer, even though it didn’t have a monitor, when Noctua noticed that one of the bodies didn’t have any wounds at all. This was very strange indeed, though one of the bodies appeared to have been attacked by a wild creature. This wasn’t strange to Noctua. It was probably one of Cephus’s goons, like Cassie, but not wanting to do the world any good.

Noctua motioned for Cassie to hide somewhere, then walked up to the uninjured body. Looking at the face, Noctua recognized it as the one from the elevator. Pointing his pistol at the man, Noctua nudged the man with his foot, while speaking in a fairly quiet voice. “Keep quiet, and get up. I know you’re not dead. Head to that desk over there, the one with the broken monitor. Then you’ll tell me who you are. If you don’t comply, I’ll have to execute you. My pistol won’t be heard amongst all this gunfire.” Speaking of gunfire, what was causing all of it? Had the traitors decided to invade this upper level? That would explain the military bodies. Maybe Cephus was working with the soldiers, that would explain the nurses’s bodies. If that was the case, Noctua might have to hide as well, before somebody came back here, which might be soon, if the gunfire was any indication. “Hurry, I don’t have very much patience.”

DeletedUser

Regulus got up and took out his gun and pointed it at Noctua. He said, "I'll tell you who I am but you must tell me who you are and what is this place. I am Regulus and I don't know anything else. Now tell me who you are and what this place is." Regulus put up a serious face while telling this because he wasn't hesitating to shoot him down. All he wanted was some information because he wanted to get the hell out of here. Regulus then lowered his gun and said, "Whatever killed these people maybe is still here. Do you know anything about it? If you do, then I won't take hostile action towards you two."

DeletedUser28032

Cygnus
"Are you out of your freaking mind!?" Cygnus bellowed as he was unexpectedly dragged to the floor by Aries as he babbled something about being able to see the future causing him to suppose that the man had gone insane.
The door opened with a sudden crack as the mans boot made contact with the wood only to be met by a hail of gunfire cutting him down within seconds leaving his still twitching body halfway through the doorway.
"What in gods name are you doing!?" Capricorn screamed as she moved over to where Aries was her hand raised as if to strike him not that Cygnus was overly concerned about that because from his position on the ground he could see through the half opened door. If he really can see into the future then he's dead wrong about the grenade he thought to himself as his eyes grew wide in fear because that’s not a grenade....that’s a LAW launcher.
The door exploded in a burning maelstrom of fire that threw giant splinters of wood and the body parts of the unfortunate goon across the room, the shockwave throwing Capricorn and anybody else still on their feet to the floor.
As those inside the tiny room were still choking on the smoke and dust thrown up by the blast the soldiers charged the doors.
--------------------------------------
Cassie
Doing as Noctua had suggested Cassie had moved to the back wall away from the dead bodies covering the floor watching curiously as he pointed his weapon at one of the bodies and told it to get up. At first thinking it was some kind of sick joke she made ready to scold him only to watch in surprise and then horror as the man first got up and then pulled a gun from out of the nearby desk.
Hurriedly pulling her own weapon from out of the coats pockets she points the gun in his direction holding it in both hands as she pulls the trigger in panic, the bullet flying wildly over everyone’s head to bury itself in the paper ceiling tiles, the pistols loud bark doing more to scare her than anyone else "Put the gun down...or...or I'll shoot" she said as her hands began to shake and her heart began to hammer its way out through her ribcage.
She wouldn't fire again, she didn't need to she could just race across that short distance and rip out his throat with her teeth before he even had chance to scream...but she didn't want to do that because that would mean that the others were right and that she really was a monster "Make him put the gun down Noctua....Please make him put it down" she quietly moaned the barrel of her pistol now pointing at the floor as the weapon seemed to grow increasingly heavy and the mans weapon seemed to fill her entire vision.
She wanted her blood pack to calm her down but she didn't have it any more, she had lost it after the others had betrayed her...god how she needed a drink right about now.

DeletedUser13682

Noctua looked over to Cassie, prompted by the very loud sound of a pistol going off, and saw her shaking very intensely, the barrel of her pistol issuing forth white smoke. Small flecks of paper ceiling tile fell down on Noctua and the other man, as Cassie ordered him to put his weapon down. He didn’t listen, and after a few second wait, this prompted Cassie to beg Noctua to make him put his weapon down. Noctua could see her pistol slowly drooping to the floor, her eyes starting to assume the characteristic look of her ‘wild side’. “I would put the gun down if I were you,” Noctua told the strange man, as he turned back to ‘Oddball’. “You see, if you don’t, things could get very messy. Trust me when I say that if you don’t put the gun down, you might not live to see the next minute.” Noctua hoped, for ‘Oddball’s’ sake, that he did put the gun down, or Cassie would rip him to ribbons. Sure it wouldn’t be a pretty sight, but the guy was warned, and if that happened, that would mean some more blood in this slaughterhouse, and one less potential enemy.

DeletedUser

Regulus was freaked by what the girl was doing. He saw no intent to kill at that moment in her, but Regulus slowly lowered his gun and said, "Okay, I don't want any hostility. I only want to get out of this place." He then put it down and tossed it over to the man. He said, "You can have that. But I will come with you to wherever you are going. Now, please don't point that gun at me; it freaks me out."
Regulus then began walking and slipped. He fell down and banged the wall but to his amusement the wall was a fake and it broke. He could see nothing inside due to the lack of light. He asked the man, "You have a torch? I found something. You two better come here."

DeletedUser

Scorpius did not move as the leading man was cut down, but flattened himself to the floor as the door exploded in a ball of flame, the result of a LAW attack.
Smoke and dust rolled through the room, making Scorpius' eyes water. He needed to move.
"MOVE! MOVE!" He screamed as he scrambled to his feet, stepping over the body of one of the goons, Scorpius moved into the doorway, letting off a burst of gunfire into the blackness beyond.
Scorpius flattened himself against the wall and sprayed the room beyond with lead.
Suddenly the rifle clicked on empty, throwing it aside, with one hand Scorpius drew his handgun, and with the other he drew his knife.
Screaming, he charged forwards, heading towards whoever was attacking them.
He knew no reason anymore, now only madness filled his mind, controlling his every action, everyone would die. By Scorpius' hand.

DeletedUser

Regulus found no torch so just entered the room by himself. It was a very dark room, filled with all sorts of machines that may have a very unusual use. He went inside and found a piece of glass. He then used it to see what more was inside. Many dead bodies. "6 at least." Regulus said. He then went near them and searched their pockets. He found an ID and read the name of the person aloud, "Mark Spencer." He checked all the others and said, "All are Mark Spencers? Is this some kind of a joke? Well lets see what that one's got."
He searched the last body and found some kind of key card. He even found a taser, a small gun with a silencer. He said, "Today's my jackpot." He then went out and asked them to come here.

DeletedUser28032

Cygnus
Choking and blinded by the dust thrown up by the rocket Cygnus was brought back to the here and now with the increased chattering of small arms fire within the room, briefly catching sight of Scorpius as he charged into the next room to meet the soldiers head on "The fool...*Cough*...Is going to... *Cough*... get himself killed!" he calls in a rasping voice to the others getting up onto his knees and firing a few shots into the next room only to be forced back onto his chest by the hail of gunfire that returned.
Lying prone Cygnus begins to drag himself forward wondering how the hell a mere S.T.A.L.K.E.R such as himself had come to be in a warzone like this.

[spoil] stands for "Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers, Robbers".[/spoil]
------------------------------------------------
Scorpius
The room beyond was some kind of open plan office made up of several groups of four desks in a circle with wooden partitions surrounding them giving the room a kind of honey comb effect.
Around a dozen soldiers stood within the room and had taken up firing positions in amongst the desks and office machinery the man who had fired the LAW lay upon the floor dead having been hit either by Scorpius or one of the others, unable to return to cover in time.
A burst of searing pain shoots through his body as a bullet first hits his shoulder and then his thigh causing him to collapse behind one of the partitions.
Although it appeared he could regenerate his wounds judging by what had happened earlier it would also seem that pain was very much still a part of his life.
----------------------------------------
Capricorn
Pain lanced through her arm as she lay on her back, the smoke and dust making it impossible for her to see what was going on from where she lay. Rolling onto her side the pain intensified causing her to cry out as the foot long splinter of wood dug deeper into her flesh. Grasping hold of its rough surface she pulls it free with a horrifying sucking sound, gritting her teeth against the pain as she did so before finally tossing it to the ground.
Blood and adrenaline coursed through her veins heightening her senses and reaction times as she leapt to her feet and ran for the doorway easily avoiding the bullets flying through the air.
"What the hell is wrong with you!" she screams above the sound of gunfire as she drops down beside the wounded Scorpius "What are you some sort of Spetnaz idiot?" although she continued to scream at him her eyes almost pure black like Cassie’s had used to go, Scorpius could see the smile on her face as she spoke...she was actually enjoying this.
------------------------------------------------
Cassie
As soon as the man had handed the pistol to Noctua, Cassie collapsed into one of the vinyl covered chairs with her head in her hands and her pistol back in the coat pocket, as she fought to calm herself down not an easy feat when only a few seconds later an explosion seemed to rock the entire building.
Upon trying to approach the two of them the as yet unnamed man stumbled on something and crashed into a wall punching a small hole into the plasterboard partition.
Not waiting for a reply to his question or any assistance from the two of them he then forces his way through into the next room announcing that there were a further six bodies and that he had hit the jackpot.
Looking up at his grinning face, Cassie’s nerves were still on edge as the dark shadowy figure materialised behind the man and wrapped his arm about Regulus’ throat causing Cassie to scream in shock "Hello Cassie is this one of your new friends? can I play with him too?" the man was about six foot tall with long blonde hair and a weeks worth of stubble on his chin. With his right arm about Regulus' throat he uses his left to violently twist the other mans wrist causing him to drop his newly acquired weapon "Come another step closer and I twist off his head like a Barbie doll" he hisses at the Noctua and Cassie "I want out Cassie and you're going to come with me...Cephus will be ever so pleased with me when I bring you to him wont he?"