Problem with report...

Michael-X

So I got the "And I could walk 500 miles, ..." medal and wanted to post the report in my town forum. Set the access to town and clicked the Link Report button and the BB Code looks incomplete:

[report=209505544cd81761a]Medals earned (

Looking at the code for my Raise the flag! medal, the name of the medal is in parentheses after Medals earned and then of course it ends with [/report]. Tried editing the above code myself by adding the missing parts but it then shows up as an "Invalid report link" in my post on my town's forum. Anyone know what's going on or if this is fixable?

Red Falcon

Hmm...I don't think it is possible to post any pictures in your town's forum. However, you CAN do it on THIS forum. Does the report you are trying to post have any images in it?

DeletedUser

Hmm...I don't think it is possible to post any pictures in your town's forum. However, you CAN do it on THIS forum. Does the report you are trying to post have any images in it?

It has nothing to do with that. He is trying to share a report through the ingame feature.

Michael-X, I think all you have to do is click on the report link and use the arrows to go right. This is what I see on my screen:

Code:
[report=8080939c2281ff219]Medals earned

And if you check the right part you can see the whole thing:

Code:
[report=8080939c2281ff219]Medals earned (Dueler)[/report]

DeletedUser

Using IE8 by any chance? Clicking the box with the BB code is supposed to select the whole thing. Either you're having a browser issue, or you're trying to click and drag, which shouldn't be necessary, to select the BB code text which is just giving you the visible part of the code.

Michael-X

Using IE8?! :p Perish the thought! Using Firefox 3.6 and I'm guessing that there is an error with the BB code that was generated for the report.

Code:
 [report=209505544cd81761a]Medals earned (
When I click on the code within the box and try to move the cursor to the right, it stops after the ( , there's nothing further in the box. I tried adding the medal title and then a ) plus the code for ending the report, like below, but got an [Invalid report link] when I did.

Code:
 [report=209505544cd81761a]Medals earned ("And I could walk 500 miles, ...")[/report]
Not a big deal, just thought maybe there might be another way to fix it.

DeletedUser

My point is you don't have to move the cursor. Clicking on the box selects the entire bb code, not just the part you can see in the box.