Prevent loss of Health when changing clothes/sets

DeletedUser8269

Proposal
To prevent losing 10k HP for example when changing temporarily to different gear and back, this system needs to be revised :
When changing clothes/sets, set the current HP of the character as the same percentage it was before. So if you are 100% full and change to more HP clothing, you will still have 100% HP. And if you change to less HP clothing, you also will still have the same percentage.

Current Workaround
The way it's currently implemented a player loses either a lot of HP or Speed for example.
The workarounds for that are using buffs, no matter whether they're from tombolas, bought with nuggets, from market or crafted.

Details
Current situation (all examples) :
1. Player has Fort Fighting clothes on, max HP of atm 10k HP and wants to join the FF.
2. Player can't make the FF in time because in FF set it's 2 hours walk and it starts in 1 hour
3. Player has to switch to Speed set to make it in time but the max HP is only 2k with that set so he/she just lost 8k of HP
4. Player has to switch back to FF gear and now only has 2k / 10k HP.
5. Player has to use a bunch of buffs to have good HP for the FF again.
OR
3. Player has to use 1 or more Speed buffs to make the FF in time.

Why is this wrong ?
The game has many sets, Speed sets and FF sets for example. Lets leave the others out of the discussion for now.
Many people only wear the FF set with max HP. Simply because they can't afford 10, maybe 20k HP as they won't ever have the time to regain it unless using lots of buffs.
That makes the Speed set (and many other sets) basically useless.
The idea is that a Speed set is used to get you somewhere (a FF) and a FF set is then used for the FF itself. But it is not working.

What is the solution ?
I think the solution is to always have the player have the same percentage of HP as he had before while/after changing clothes/sets. Very easy to implement, way more realistically and way more fair. After all you don't get hurt more (or less) when changing clothes.
Example :
1. Player has Fort Fighting clothes on, max HP of 10k but currently has 8k HP (80% of maximum)
2. Player needs to run to FF so switches to 2k HP Speed set
3. Player ends up with 1600 HP (80% of 2k maximum)
4. Player arrives at Fort for the fight, and switches back to FF gear
5. Player ends up with 8k HP again (same 80% as he/she had in Speed gear)

I have the Speed set which I love but it's utterly useless as when I use that I lose way too much HP and need to sleep for 4 hours or so to regain my HP.

Abuse Prevention
I don't see any possible abuse. At first sight it looks like switching to max HP gear gives you a 'free' HP boost but that's not really the case. You will just have the same percentage of HP you had before. HP buffs and sleeping both work on percentage regeneration as well so it just corrects the flaw there was

Visual Aids
I don't see the need for visual aids.

Summary
Innogames implements dozens of sets and hundreds of items. I believe 95% is not used because changing sets from a FF / HP set drains the HP and many use the HP sets.
Innogames will benefit because when this is implemented a player can safely change sets and back, making all the sets interesting again for people to collect and buy.
Players will obviously benefit from it too as they can use all the sets they have. They can travel to a Fort in (for example) 20 minutes with the Speed set (it is meant for this) and then change to the Fort Fighting clothes and still have full HP instead of 2k from a maximum of 10k.
Players will use way more sets and items, and will enjoy actually being able to use them. I'm sure of that.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No (I worked my way to all the lists and to my surprise I couldn't find anything similar. Might have missed it)

jarograv

Possible abuse: duel someone and lose half your life then swap to hp gear. Now instead of having 800hp in duel gear, you have 4k hp making you unkillable

Al35ul

Yes,but once someone will change from duel gear to hp bonus,they would be my more vulnerable to getting dueled since he/she will lose dueling skills (i.e.dodge, aim,shoot).Changing from,for example, Wesley to hombre wouldn't make them unkillable; someone in hombre can easily get defeated in duels ) :)

DeletedUser8269

Those were my thoughts as well. I don't think someone first dueling someone else then wants to change to Hombre's set to get back to 4k HP.
And even so, I would not consider that as a possible abuse, but a positive side effect.
Often the ones initiating the first duel are (far) stronger and win, therefore I see less and less 'revenge duels'. But if the initial attacker would change to Hombre's set afterwards, I'm more likely to duel back. Might not KO him/her but I might get my revenge still :)

Doc Scurlock

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Totally agree. Its a killer when you try to get to forts on time. Yeah you could sleep first before heading to the fort but then you lose out on working jobs to earn cash/products.

DeletedUser8269

Totally agree. Its a killer when you try to get to forts on time. Yeah you could sleep first before heading to the fort but then you lose out on working jobs to earn cash/products.
Plus you'll end up with way more energy in the Fort Fight than you want. Ideally you want to go there with full HP and no energy. That's not possibly right now unless you craft your [censored] off with buffs !

DeletedUser38781

You are talking about abuse of this proposal, but I will tell you about abuse of how it is right now. In my duelling gear I have 2k HP, if I get to 1K HP, i switch to full HP gear which is about 6K, use 20% HP recover item and I am full HP in duelling gear. So i just spared some bonds or maybe dollars by using cheaper item.

Pankreas PorFavor

You are talking about abuse of this proposal, but I will tell you about abuse of how it is right now. In my duelling gear I have 2k HP, if I get to 1K HP, i switch to full HP gear which is about 6K, use 20% HP recover item and I am full HP in duelling gear. So i just spared some bonds or maybe dollars by using cheaper item.

Sorry, how is this abuse?
You're comparing this:
  • just change clothes and get +3k HP;
with this:
  • change clothes, use a buff and get +1.2k HP
And the situation where you actually DO use something to get HP is the abuse? :confused:

DeletedUser38781

Idk if you got it wrong but

How it is now - I have 1k HP of 2k max. I need to use 50% restore to get to full but I swap to 6K max gear, use 20% restore which gives me 1200HP and switch back to 2k HP gear but I'm full now. It is not an abuse, it's how it actually is and works.

After the change if I had 1k of 2k max that is 50% and it would not matter if I switched to more HP gear because it would be percentage based.

I'll show you another example of what I did.
I had 2k HP in the morning, after duel I ended with 600 HP. Now i need to sleep like 5 hours to get full HP (significantly less in saturiwa) but i just swapped to 6K HP gear and now i need to sleep for just 2 hours and when I swap to duel I will be full.

For me it's now good as it is, but if it was percentage based, maybe it would be more fair.

Pankreas PorFavor

Idk if you got it wrong but

How it is now - I have 1k HP of 2k max. I need to use 50% restore to get to full but I swap to 6K max gear, use 20% restore which gives me 1200HP and switch back to 2k HP gear but I'm full now. It is not an abuse, it's how it actually is and works.

And I know this very well, and do it like that for years.
When I need HP, I put on HP gear, use the buff and change to whatever gear I need next. Of course, that maximizes the output of the buff, why use it in any other way?

No offense, but you are explaining stuff to me like it was my first post in the forum and I joined yesterday, while you are here for +7 years - and not the other way around.
I was just reacting to the word you used - "abuse". It's not. Plain and simple. This is the way it is intended to play. Need to boost your HP - use the buff (in the optimal way).
How it "would be more fair" to gain HP for nothing except changing clothes (without working/paying for the buff), is beyond my understanding. Getting HP for nothing would be abuse, equipping gear in a smart way to maximize the effect of the buff is... not being a noob :D

DeletedUser38781

Well sorry, I didn't want to look like a teacher to you, to the 7 years - I'm just new to this forum and have been for 7 years on another language forum...

I just wanted to support this idea because I've been thinking about it for long time.

But well of course, if more people want to let it be how it is now then why not? :)

Pankreas PorFavor

The main reason this won't be implemented is not the lack of support from the players. Actually, which ideas that did get the support got implemented? It's hard to remember... ;):rolleyes:
I would say this is a major change, and Inno doesn't have the resources to do anything like that for this game. Especially when it means that people would need to use less buffs, and that decreases the chance they will spend nuggets for those buffs, and the result could be less money in Inno's pockets. ;)

RaiderTr

Well idk if the suggested solution would be the best but this is just one of those things making the life of Tanks even harder