Prevent Abuse Of Fort Fights

DeletedUser

Proposal
In the past few days, we have had small forts getting dug by a dueling town. They've specifically said the purpose was to receive doctors bag which are worth around $4500 on the open market. They have dug 3 times in 4 days. I think this is an abuse of the fort fighting system and a waste of people's time.

Current Workaround
We have an agreement with the other major alliance to boycott their attacks, and we have to start inside to prolong the battle, since it is rumored that the bags drop more if you pass out in the early rounds.

Details
My idea is that if a specific ticket is raised regarding this issue, the moderating team should be proactive to investigate dig history, issue warnings or prevent them from digging if necessary.

Abuse Prevention
Since this is up to the judgement of the moderating team, this is not applicable.

Visual Aids
Not applicable.

Summary
This will improve game experience for the majority of players, rather than a select group of troublemakers who are out to earn fast money or obtain items without having to craft items for a similar purpose.

delldell56

they may say they are digging to get bags, but i doubt it. most of the times, when a dueling town digs, their duelers don't even fight. they are waiting around the fort to duel before, during and after the battle. happens a lot and i doubt mods or admins would consider that abuse. also, nobody can guarantee that you'll get a bag or a box in a fort battle, so it would doubtfully be considered a bannable practice.

it's just one of many possible strategies duelers use. ugly one, but not illegal.

DeletedUser

They've already attacked twice, and one more coming in a few hours. 14-15 attackers each time.

Whatever you say, it disrupts the real fights because there will always be people who are not able to deploy to the correct fight properly, and yet still need to assign enough defense against these people.

And I didn't say it has to be a rule, but I think the moderating team needs to be able to intervene if there is a specific ticket.

EDIT: And we have had people who checked the markets the attacking towns had members selling the bags at $4500.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And I didn't say it has to be a rule, but I think the moderating team needs to be able to intervene if there is a specific ticket.

If there's no rule, there's nothing a mod can do...

Call it what you want, but you're proposing a rule.

DeletedUser

You are right then. No need for a new rule, I can see this falling under Rule 6. It is an exploitative use of ingame features (fort fights) to provide cash. The town digs at $1500 daily, and 14-15 players have a good chance of getting doctors bags worth $4500.

If 10 of them receives a bag per fight, they collectively make $45000 at a cost of $1500.

§6) Pushing

Pushing refers to an exploitative use of ingame features to provide experience, cash, and/or items to other account(s). Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash. Additionally, it is prohibited to create secondary accounts in order to provide or receive unmerited rewards via the referral system.

delldell56

listen, it's not that you are suggesting anything new. it bothers me as well, since my forts get attacked a lot by players who have no chances to put up a good battle or by dueling towns who want to farm fat fort fighters, but it's not considered pushing nor abuse.

Da Twista
2011-11-08 15:16:48
Hello [insert player's name],

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I have investigated, but found nothing illegal.

It is not guarenteed that the player will receive the doctor's bag nor guarenteed that the player would be able to sell it at such a high price.

Respectfully,

Da Twista
Co-Community Manager

spam mods and admins with tickets all you want, but since there is no rule here to be broken, they can't do anything about it. get it now?

DeletedUser

I raised a ticket about it before, but I didn't get a reply like yours. The mod asked me to post a suggestion here which is what I'm doing.

The rule is a matter of interpretation. If you ask me, making 30x money on an almost daily basis is unacceptable.

EDIT: Since it bothers you as well, why not try to be a bit more positive instead of shooting it down?

DeletedUser

I think the current workaround is fine, it's just a minor nuisance and I don't think a big deal needs to be made of it.

delldell56

being positive is one thing, being realistic is another. i don't like duelers either but no matter how much i whine, devs won't eliminate them and they'll keep hitting me and my people. it's part of the game and one day you realize that you can't control everything. wanting world peace won't give me a pageant crown.

DeletedUser

No need for any rule. Just set that a town can dig only one fort per week. The antiunhinged solution can't be simpler than that.

It can be abused if Berkie leaves unhinged so she can dig a multi from other unhinged towns, TSC for example? Easy. Add to it that a player can't dig a fort at all unless he was a townmemner in only that town for at least a month.

Still not enough to prevent the abuse? Then introduce a penalty. If a player digs a fort and doesn't show up on the attacking side when it starts, add a "reward" that such lollygagger can't dig any fort at all for a year and his/her banked money gets halved.

As for the original idea that involves torturing support, I'll vote no.

DeletedUser9470

imo they are trying to take a fort fair and square.

as for a fair ticket?
how about i stick a ticket in because i dont like you because the time you dig forts doesnt suit me?
man it isnt going to work, you gotta deal with the threat of losing a fort yourself.

DeletedUser

You are right then. No need for a new rule, I can see this falling under Rule 6. It is an exploitative use of ingame features (fort fights) to provide cash. The town digs at $1500 daily, and 14-15 players have a good chance of getting doctors bags worth $4500.

If 10 of them receives a bag per fight, they collectively make $45000 at a cost of $1500.

§6) Pushing

Pushing refers to an exploitative use of ingame features to provide experience, cash, and/or items to other account(s). Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash. Additionally, it is prohibited to create secondary accounts in order to provide or receive unmerited rewards via the referral system.

You can't push yourself.

DeletedUser

Before fort wars ever existed, dueling was the mainstay. We would have long drawn out dueling wars, piling up the bodies left and right.

So, what now? Fort fighters want to ban dueling? Some smart players realized they can get more bees with honey than they can with crap, so they dig up the hatchet and watch all the fat little fort bees rushing over to save their precious hive fort. Reminds me of a wasp raid.

Dueling is part of the game, deal with it. Hire other towns to duel them, pose bounties, don't fight fort wars, whatever. Seriously though, creatively playing the game is not a rule violation.

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, did I insult your name?

You can express your opinion, just as I did.

Besides I didn't say its about dueling, why don't you read again? I am talking about milking Doctors Bags. They come mainly offline, armed with scythes and charge the wall expecting to die in 2 rounds.

DeletedUser

If it's dueling towns digging, I'd think it would be more for easy duels against offliners in fort gear after the battle than free doctor's bags.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, doctors bags are exactly what they are going for. 3 times in 4 days before the break, just wondering when it will happen again now.

You can imagine how much it stinks, because a handful of people will still need to spend nuggets and doc bags going there after attending REAL battles.

http://www.westforts.com/en15/battles/battle/14305
http://www.westforts.com/en15/battles/battle/14337
http://www.westforts.com/en15/battles/battle/14347

And the mods are free to check market logs. I have people who spotted these players selling their doc bags for $4500 after the battles.

delldell56

$4500 for a doc bag is sort of cheap. personally, i don't see how a dueler would prefer to lose all their hp in a battle to get a doc bag they'll sell for a price below market average. one of those battles used as a reference had 9 attackers online and 5 offline. if you ask me, i'd say this is clearly a case of wishful rookies (let's not call them noobs) with higher expectations than skills or know-how. you can get mad at them but you can't entirely blame them for having hopes.

anyone with enough cash to afford an attack can dig, deal with that. a true dueling town would never make a njub move like digging to get dr. bags. they would be ashamed of themselves if they did. ask dgorsk at the hunting party, or infiniti at the zeros, or helen back at nuns in the rum. any of them will laugh hard at the sole idea. they'd dig out of spite, for revenge or to have a hunting party feasting on offline defenders in weak dueling gear.

DeletedUser

This is not about whether they are noob or not. The fact remains that it is happening. $4500 is what we saw them selling for. If they sell it for more, then they are making an even bigger profit from a $1500 dig. I am not debating the value, I am saying they are finding some value in doing this.

In fact, based on current market rates, they are worth more now:
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] lonley.rider
1 $ 4800 $ 3003 01:14:52 Today at 10:20 PM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] Sfairat213
1 $ 8000 $ 3501 00:05:44 On 12/30/11 at 4:56 AM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] tomps
1 $ 5000 $ 4900 01:16:51 On 01/1/12 at 11:17 AM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] cookesj
1 $ 5000 — 00:46:35 On 01/2/12 at 11:44 PM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] cookesj
1 $ 5000 — 00:46:35 On 01/2/12 at 11:44 PM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] Azrath
1 $ 5000 — 02:31:48 On 12/31/11 at 11:08 AM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] Simone22
1 $ 5000 — 02:36:38 On 12/29/11 at 3:18 PM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] z3x
1 $ 5000 — 02:36:51 On 12/29/11 at 2:24 PM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] Gaxpar
1 $ 5000 — 04:43:35 On 12/29/11 at 3:21 AM [Place a bid]
1 $ 6000 $ 5000 04:43:35 On 01/2/12 at 11:00 PM [Place a bid]
1 $ 6000 $ 5000 04:43:35 On 01/2/12 at 11:01 PM [Place a bid]
1 $ 6000 $ 5000 04:43:35 On 01/2/12 at 11:01 PM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] Jaxis
1 $ 5700 — 00:46:35 Today at 6:06 PM [Place a bid]
[Unlimited purchase rights for everyone.] Prior
1 $ 6000 — 01:15:18 On 01/1/12 at 9:22 PM

You may not see the logic of them are doing it but it doesn't change the fact that they have done it, and as I've said openly announced on the county chat about their intention.

You can say they are stupid or noob and you can compare them with other "true" dueling towns but it also doesn't change the fact that they have done it. Whether the trend continues remains to be seen.

Look at it this way, they are all from the same country. If they are all sleeping around the same hour they will have burned energy anyway. Have a dig around that time, put your body there offline and when you wake up in the morning you're in your hotel all recovered and potentially with a free doctors bag.

And you don't have to tell me to deal with it. We're already dealing with it. All I did was present my idea as suggested by the mod when I raised a ticket. Feel free to add value to the opinion, but I see that many do not even understand or try to understand the original situation.

I was happy to leave this thread to the hands of fate, but somebody saw fit to insult me for nothing more than presenting a problem, and offering a possible solution.

Most of what I've said in this post is a repetition of past ones. I don't want to make another one. If you people have a suggestion to make then make it. If you don't agree, then just do this:

No to this.

Isn't it simple?