Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1121

We already received a ticket of a player who had a unique box who got an oxcart from it.
He was so smart to voice his complaint (in combination with the proof) through the proper channels.

Since the boxes don't generate reports, We are able to confirm if it was indeed a unique chest if you offer a screenshot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25892

We already received a ticket of a player who had a premium box who got an oxcart from it.
He was so smart to voice his complaint (in combination with the proof) through the proper channels.

Since the boxes don't generate reports, We are able to confirm if it was indeed a premium chest if you offer a screenshot.

Not to create a discussion around this, but what I mean is when you open a box the screen just says "YOU GOT A: and a picture of the item". It doesn't say you got this from a premium box. You would have to take a series of screen shots in which the time shows seconds after clicking on the box because the box disappears as soon as you get the "YOU GOT" screen. I would assume though there would have to be some code that shows that on the back end.

Not to go off topic there, but is there an answer to my other previous posted question about the boxes item value?

MM2099

DeletedUser

If you can show me some evidence (screenshot) that in fact you got an item that has a lower purchase price then the box should have, please create a support ticket.

@Desi Boukerse: As stated already by:

We can't show boxes 'from events in the past' since they aren't screen-catchable once you close the thing.

Pointless suggestion Desi... Everyone's complaining about it after the fact. I doubt any sucker will buy these boxes now...

your "advise" is worthless. I haven't made screendumps from the Christmas scam boxes I bought. I found this thread after I bought them, opened them, and closed the little windows.

I can tell though what I bought and what the content was:

Iron box (value: 5000$): Yellow Plaid Belt - Buy price: 290$
Steel box (Value: 10,000$): Precise Buntline - Buy price: 7250$
Steel box (Value: 10,000$): Precise Percussion Rifle - Buy Price: 8800$

And since there is no report I can't prove this. Of course I can photoshop some evidence to you, but knowing Innogames by now I highly doubt you will take screendumps as evidence as you are well aware of how easily they can be photoshopped.

How come there are no reports on content of boxes? Isn't there some info left on the server? Or they can't be bothered with digging them up? It can't be right that we shall create screendumps of everything including a clock/calendar showing the time and date to prove our cases.

Yeah, what a sucker I am to fall for that scam in the good spirits of the Christmas holidays. It seems we are a lot of suckers that we fell for this scam. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1121

Not to create a discussion around this, but what I mean is when you open a box the screen just says "YOU GOT A: and a picture of the item". It doesn't say you got this from a premium box. You would have to take a series of screen shots in which the time shows seconds after clicking on the box because the box disappears as soon as you get the "YOU GOT" screen. I would assume though there would have to be some code that shows that on the back end.

Not to go off topic there, but is there an answer to my other previous posted question about the boxes item value?

MM2099

No you do not have to take a series, just the time of opening (bottom) and the screen is sufficient.

DeletedUser

Desi, that may be true that the screen shot with item and server time may be sufficient for you. But in all honesty, while opening the boxes, I never thought that there would be a need for screen captures - I did not open it expecting a bug and that I would need to prove it (at least not such a significant bug on something that cost a LOT of nuggets, on a normal world). I only came to this forum, and saw the issue of screenshots today. In my particular case I am not sure if there is any other way to get a Young Stallion. I can prove that I have two in my inventory now, but I have no proof left of the fact that one of them came from a Unique chest. For me it is really mustard after the meal, as I guess it would be for the majority of players that had similar issues.

DeletedUser

I've got a simple suggestion. Instead of refunding nuggets/suing Inno/ checking thousands of logs and records etc.... SINCE this forum topic at it's heart is about customer satisfaction (which seemingly has been damaged), and since Inno is in fact just another company looking to maintain goodwill among its customer base...

--> Why not just offer every single player who bought the Christmas presents a 'second round' of those presents, for free, and like-for like. So that means if I bought the two steel box present only, I'd get another two steel boxes for free. If I bought the 3 high-end ones, I'd get another 3 of the same, for free.

You see, I see it is rather simple. And from Innos POV, it should be like this:
Customers are dissatisfied with their purchases. Giving away these boxes again, for free, would not cost Inno any profit, would maintain some sense of customer goodwill, and would in fact probably create a scenario where in the future my customers would feel like spending nuggets with me again.

Honestly, is that hard to fathom?

I mean, this is a German company, proud people of the currently most prosperous country in Europe. They've been magnanimous towards the rest of Europe, why not extend that a little bit more towards their dissatisfied customers everywhere else?

DeletedUser21720

first one i paid for, all i got was one piece of liquorice. that was enough for me. not going to be insulted any further.

DeletedUser25892

I think some are confused on this topic...it seems a lot are upset about buying IRON/STEEL boxes and not getting great items...

Just to re-clarify - the only boxes I think that should be of topic are the Premium Chests, Junk Chests, Fancy Chests, and Unique Chests. You are not expected to get anything of worth out of buying steel and iron clad chests.

I do ask one of my previous questions again @Desi as I think it got washed away in the screen shot bit:

So just out of curiosity, and I am not complaining here about the boxes and what not, but when the box says specifically: "This chest contains items worth over 10,000", what is the actual definition of this?

Does this mean that this chest will contain items that are no lower than 10,000 or does it mean that this chest contains items that could have a value over 10,000? The statement can be taken either way. I personally assumed it meant that it has a possible chance to have that type of item over 10K, but it doesn't say that is all what is in the box...hence why you are taking a gamble. Just like the premium boxes say: "This box could hold many rare items such as 3rd key, wyatt earp's colt buntline, or tashunka's tomahawk" However many have gotten like a pair of bob builder's and allen pepper boxes which to collectors are a dime a dozen.

It would be cool to clarify what the statement's actually mean and if they do mean "ONLY" then they should state it :). I can to some degree understand concerns about getting a crap item in a premium box, but then again it is a gamble :).

MM2099

DeletedUser

"This chest contains items worth over 10,000" is very clear, you will receive items, plural, worth over $10,000,. "Items" is ambiguous but "worth over $10,00" is not. It's as clear as day, if you bought the premium chest you WILL receive an (at least 1) item worth OVER $10,000. Clearly some of us didn't therefore Inno have stolen money if you bought nuggets to pay for that chest. Totally irrelevant whether they are virtual items, you paid CASH. And as for asking for screen prints after the event, what a joke, why would you? Why would you expect to have money stolen from you and have to take a screen print?
Absolute disgrace and that's it for me regarding nuggets, Inno can spin on it.

DeletedUser25892

"This chest contains items worth over 10,000" is very clear, you will receive items, plural, worth over $10,000,. "Items" is ambiguous but "worth over $10,00" is not. It's as clear as day, if you bought the premium chest you WILL receive an (at least 1) item worth OVER $10,000. Clearly some of us didn't therefore Inno have stolen money if you bought nuggets to pay for that chest. Totally irrelevant whether they are virtual items, you paid CASH. And as for asking for screen prints after the event, what a joke, why would you? Why would you expect to have money stolen from you and have to take a screen print?
Absolute disgrace and that's it for me regarding nuggets, Inno can spin on it.

No matter how you choose to word it Bean, it just states that is contains items...doesn't mean it is what you will get :). A wood chest may not contain items worth over a certain amount, however, the way this is worded it just means that it could contain all items including those over 10,000, just saying the wording is dicey, not trying to defend anyone as I think it should only contain items worth over 10K the way it is stated.

DeletedUser

I still cant believe someone that posted here spent 600 euros, 500 great british pounds, 800 us dollars ....

Oh to be in a position where i could have that sort of money to spend to on this game - well actually - oh to be in a position where i have £500 to spend on anything !!

I posted my chest results, was i happy? - not really ... am i angry? - no ...

But ... i didnt spend any real world money

Still can't get my head around someone spending that much, i guess its all proportional, to me thats a huge sum of money - to some its spare change ...

DeletedUser20105

if you believe it or not is your decision

Is this enough...only for one world

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DeletedUser

No matter how you choose to word it Bean, it just states that is contains items...doesn't mean it is what you will get :). A wood chest may not contain items worth over a certain amount, however, the way this is worded it just means that it could contain all items including those over 10,000, just saying the wording is dicey, not trying to defend anyone as I think it should only contain items worth over 10K the way it is stated.

You are wrong on all levels, the Unique chest states "This chest contains items worth over 10,000" , just to make it clear again, OVER, no doubt, it states it. I don't care what it says about wood/steel etc. I 'm talking about Unique, it is PERFECTLY CLEAR what it says you will get, or not as in Innos case. It could not be more black and white.

chest.jpg

Tell me how you think you will receive something worth less than $10,000????

DeletedUser25892

You are wrong on all levels, the premium chest states "This chest contains items worth over 10,000" , just to make it clear again, OVER, no doubt, it states it. I don't care what it says about wood/steel etc. I 'm talking about premium, it is PERFECTLY CLEAR what it says you will get, or not as in Innos case. It could not be more black and white.

Tell me how you think you will receive something worth less than $10,000????

You are missing my point...like I stated before it does not state that it "ONLY" contains items over 10,000, it just says it CONTAINS ITEMS WORTH OVER 10,000 - so again it's an objective statement...thank you for your thoughts, but that is why I wanted an answer from a moderator regarding the real answer here.

@Desi

Does the chest shown in the previous post "ONLY" contain items worth more than 10,000?

Noobmic

I still cant believe someone that posted here spent 600 euros, 500 great british pounds, 800 us dollars ....

Beleave me I play web browser games for over 9 years day by day (during this time I won in one game 2 servers, in another game we ware in top with our alliance and I must say in every game I'm in the best 1% of the game), one of this games I play for over 3 years (same as the west) and there spent over 1000 euros and I don't regret one euro spent, because in that game if the server is down for let's say one hour the game gives you something in return ... the-west was unplayable one World 2 for a couple of days, something like 2 weeks ago, and nothing was made regarding customer satisfaction, I don't want to go into spending nuggets for ingame items because there is a total scam. But this can be seen at least on World 2 where one year ago there was almost 4000 players and now they are 1600 ... If there is an ingame bug then players aren't punished for it, in the worst scenario a database revert is made, you get something in return for the lost time and at least 90% of players are happy.

Numbers talk better that our worlds that remain simple worlds, for this game. I had quit a long time ago, but I invested too much time to throw it this simple ... but I don't know how much I can resist.

Innogames must remember that players have the power and because of players they have income.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

if you believe it or not is your decision

Is this enough...only for one world

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You didn't understand my english. I said "i cant believe" - i wasn't saying "i don't believe" ... when i said - i cant believe, it was an expression of shock, suprise ... it was an expression, not dis-belief.

Hope this makes sense.

DeletedUser9470

Hi kd, as I indicated in a previous post, I have not been in employ with Inno in quite sometime (nor serving as a nugget-reimbursed volunteer), so my comments are my own and not that of an Inno representative.

As to the drop in players, it is typical for a drop in player activity during the holidays. It is also well established the overall drop in players was largely due to almost a year in which advertising was at a virtual nil.

I don't want to belabor the points I previously made. On a purely personal note, I am not one to buy gifts for myself on Christmas, so I wouldn't participate in buying steel-lined boxes, or any of the grab bags for that matter, with real cash (converted to nuggets). For those who did, the purchase of intangible items in a virtual world may never truly feel satisfactory. But, to each his/her own and I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays else-wise.

yer right!

Untitled.png

DeletedUser

Hehe, cute. Someone forgot to change my flags, but I do not have access to the tools. ;)

DeletedUser

You are missing my point...like I stated before it does not state that it "ONLY" contains items over 10,000, it just says it CONTAINS ITEMS WORTH OVER 10,000 - so again it's an objective statement...thank you for your thoughts, but that is why I wanted an answer from a moderator regarding the real answer here.

@Desi

Does the chest shown in the previous post "ONLY" contain items worth more than 10,000?

Ummm...I'm going to have to agree with Judge here. If it says, "This chest contains items worth over $10,000," then that clearly states that it contains an item worth more than $10,000 (or possibly multiple items that are worth more than $10,000 combined). There're no conditional words such as could or might. I don't really understand how you're reading it.

DeletedUser

MM, I think you need to freshen up on your English and understanding of said statement.
(Are you the MightyMouse from Ikariam .no servers and therefore only have English as your second language?)

Anyway, there is nothing ambiguous about the text "This chest contains items worth over $10,000". It means that the chest contains items worth over, i.e. MORE than 10.000. It's as simple as that. If you buy it and DO not get a total value of 10.000 it's a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.