Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So does everyone have to put in a support ticket, or will it be looked at?

DeletedUser

I did well in Colorado, best prezzie was the InnoGames belt. Some worlds didn't fare so well...it is pure gambling after all. I did feel sorry for somebody when I heard they got a salmon in the bag with a rare item!

DeletedUser563

given the volume of everyone reporting for example a rare bag I would say no. Rather write 1 report in the form of a petition. However I have heard about 3 persons that got the 3rd key in the rare bag. So it maybe a genuine case of a bad translation. Same goes for all the gifts up to the 2 steel lined boxes. The wooden box costs 5000 game cash which was below normal market values so I dont think anyone can complain about them as well.

However I think from the junk chest upwards you should report "gifts" that was disappointing for a legitimate reason.

And no we dont get nuggets here its a special feature in beta.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser563

Well beta gets first look at updates we are currently on update 1.34 whereas here we play 1.33. You get full reskill for 5 nuggets and nuggets is 3 times cheaper. However we have to sort out the bugs and sometimes life with them. Well here is my reference link if you want to join.

http://public.beta.the-west.net//?r...=18479&world_id=1&hash=7d11&inviteVia=reflink

As to 2 a german player did find the snapshot and it was in their community advent. So about 5 rudolphs at most was distributed this way. But lots of players also got it in the premium chests for example joe dalton on world 1.

DeletedUser

Well my ticket has been passed onto the developers to have a look at so I'm now waiting for the response from them.

Regarding people getting frustrated about the 5k bags and what have you, I think that's acceptable to have a bit of chance with it. I myself got a wooden cross in my 5k bag that has a resale value of $1. I lived with it though and moved on and a few days later decided to buy a premium chest using nuggets (I mulled over this decision for a day or so as it was a quite considerable amount of money to spend on one item) and got a sled on the day that the sled was unlooked through praying ten times (recapping for anyone who hasn't read the whole thread). Not only that, but a day later, I got another sled from the advent calender. The description of the premium chest says "This box could hold many rare items including the third key, Wyatt Earp's buntline or Taschunka's tomahawk". What it doesn't say however is the bottom limit of product you could get from the chest including Huckleberry's slingshot or, as I did, the sled. Going by the description of the chest, the name of the chest and the cost of the chest, I was expecting something that would give a fairly decent boost in game as many other people had received and were reporting about in the alliance and county chats, something which had encouraged me to buy a chest.

I'm sure that this is due to all named and 'rare' items from holiday quests being lumped together into one category in the game code and the premium chests randomly pick one of those items resulting in some people being very lucky and some people walking away with a sour taste in their mouth after parting with hard earned cash. However, and hopefully this is what happens, I would expect that a premium chest had a selection from named and rare items that cannot be bought from the town shops over a certain value, such as the Unique Chest containing items over $10,000. The fact that the sled has a value of $550 just highlights the flaw in the current system. But like I say, I'm waiting to hear back from the developers, hopefully it's good news in getting my cash returned and a sled removed from my inventory or I am given another chance with a new premium chest, but as long as the same thing isn't likely to happen again.

As for spending real world cash on a game that was being discussed over the past few pages, I have the same rights as a consumer whether I spend my cash on food at the local supermarket or on The West regarding not being led to a purchase under false pretenses from the supplier.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10274

Well beta gets first look at updates we are currently on update 1.34 whereas here we play 1.33. You get full reskill for 5 nuggets and nuggets is 3 times cheaper. However we have to sort out the bugs and sometimes life with them. Well here is my reference link if you want to join.

http://public.beta.the-west.net//?r...=18479&world_id=1&hash=7d11&inviteVia=reflink

As to 2 a german player did find the snapshot and it was in their community advent. So about 5 rudolphs at most was distributed this way. But lots of players also got it in the premium chests for example joe dalton on world 1.

So, you can buy 3 nuggets where a normal world can buy one.

I was waiting for last year's buy a nugget, get one for free.

When will that update come? before 6th of january?

DeletedUser

I had to lol b/c shortly after opening my 5k rare item box and getting the sled (I also now have 2 since I got one for calendar quest) I scanned through this thread and saw that some other people were blessed with the very "rare" Christmas sled that hardly anyone has as of today (sarcasm). Ah, well maybe its b/c I was naughty this year

DeletedUser31990

bad deal

I did not have any luck. I am saving my cash here on out. Devs could have done better with this. They are the one getting the gift(s).

DeletedUser

I got a nice shiny fancy jewelry (ambush job reward) worth $230 from my $5k box.

delldell56

hehehe, whiners :p

- bag of RARE product: semi-precious stone, crab meat, lotus blossom, poker chip, pickaxe (well, this one is actually semi-rare).
- wooden box: black cap, gray checkered shirt, black cotton shoes, green poncho.
- steel lined box: precise pepper gun, precise winchester, granmont's pistol, AND the very best of all, ned buntline's belt.

it's LUCK, people. and yes, i agree that if you go to a fancy restaurant and pay 500 euros for a fancy dinner from a fixed menu, you expect filet mignon and lobster instead of a coney dog and a dead soda. but there's not much we can do and we took our chances, even after hearing the many complaints in chats and forums.

DeletedUser

Is it just me or did everyone that paid over 5k nuggets throughout the year, get better stuff then ppl who didnt?

DeletedUser

Is it just me or did everyone that paid over 5k nuggets throughout the year, get better stuff then ppl who didnt?
It's just you. I've heard of some horrible drops from premium boxes (young stallions, seriously?), and I figure anyone who'll spend 1k nugget+ on a box or boxes is probably in that group, and I keep hearing of third keys for non-premium players from rare product bags. One premium player did get two third keys on w9, from a rare product bag and a steel or premium chest.

DeletedUser3583

Well I spent $1000 and got a 3$ tomato, and then $5000 and got a glass marble (after I had already got my bag of marbles from the calendar).

need less to say I didn't bother spending any more $. The odd thing is why I spent anything at all. I know the hint said the bag contains rare or hard to find items, but for me to believe it? I guess I thought the spirit of Christmas was all pervasive. Next time I meet an elf on a dark Christmas night, we'll see if the taste of cold steel in his throat is slightly more pervasive!

Noobmic

Seriously? This year I bought over 5000 nuggets and I already posted what I've got (items that can be found in shops or items that I already have 2 or 3 ... )

Good part that I didn't bought new premium now for this.

The only way to buy again premium will be 3x like it is in beta, otherwise not a single money from me.

DeletedUser22685

I thought I'd try my luck opening another premium chest. Got my third Christmas sleigh.

Spaceydk

I thought I'd try my luck opening another premium chest. Got my third Christmas sleigh.

That is why I am not going to buy, I am very very tempted but risking getting that or the young stallion or something like that would piss me off so better I not buy.

DeletedUser28464

retail stores and surprise gift boxes

I have bought some surprise Christmas boxes at retail stores in the past. The item in them is usually worth more than the the purchase price of the boxes. You could sometimes luck out and get an item 4 times more valuable.
Imagine, buying a surprise Christmas box to your wife at $100 and it would contain a bag of chips.
Anyways, I gave it a shot. I bought 4 boxes, spending 95 nuggets. Prizes were precise slingshot, cotton boots, energy potato, and piece of wool. Since I am not a compulsive gambler, I stopped at that.

Definite rip off; the Christmas special should be removed immediately,
I think people should be reimbursed, and; any gifts acquired kept as a compensation for the frustration.

Pedro

DeletedUser1121

We do not mind people posting there (negative) experiences and complain about it, but if this turns into another flame war, all players who are involved will get infracted.

DeletedUser

looks like my "unique" understanding of the English language corresponds with the results posted in this thread. you guys ever wonder why legal jargon was created in the first place?

"Unique" isn't legal jargon. :p If you want to judge "unique" based purely on the English language it would have to be an item of which there was only one in the game, on a server, or in a world. They could have gotten around that by just using whatever script inserts a player's name in quest text, so it's not a "young stallion", but "Elmyr's young stallion". In gaming terms, a unique drop is usually unique for a character, which isn't been the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.