Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9470

i dont agree, this event is totallyin the christmas spirit.
you give inno 3k nuggets
inno gives you a pair of socks and a poster!

wth more do u want? a Ferrari?

DeletedUser

Will not spend real money on this..Its a rip off..

Dont get stung by this..

DeletedUser

Got a sign from 2 steel - congratulation, you are pure idiot who spend 100 000 for 20k items.
Man i heard a history: open a steel line box e own the rudolph!
lol
Waste of money, only bad equips.
But i got key 3 with that $5000 chest who gave us a product.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I noticed since update 1:30 that the drops on world Arizona have been really bad. Doing the job"working as a traveling merchant" the only things i get are puma skin and hammers over and over again, even though my LP are up there pretty good. Also since that update every time I get an chest or something like it it doesn't give me anything of value. So even though i was pissed at the presents and should have know they were not going to give me anything useful. I do agree with everybody this game has become more annoying then fun since that update, but i've come to far. that the frustrating part for me.

DeletedUser

I got Key #1 on W14 on my first try buying the 5K satchel. The rest of it was all junk after that on pretty much every world where I bought some presents. I got several of those usable bottles of liquor and when you use them they say pretty much "you are drunk" and show a picture of someone falling out of their seat. That was somewhat entertaining. I just can't fathom why people would pay "REAL" money for a chance to own a virtual object though. I'd rather take my chances on the lottery.

DeletedUser

I got from one of the Christmas presents a spinning compass and now dissapeared from my inventory. What on earth is that thing. Does anyone know what does it do (did).I hope I didn't waste 5k for nothing

DeletedUser

I got from one of the Christmas presents a spinning compass and now dissapeared from my inventory. What on earth is that thing. Does anyone know what does it do (did).I hope I didn't waste 5k for nothing

Achievements > Items > Collector's cards > I think I'm walking in circles

DeletedUser

No your wrong that is not how these boxes function. You get an item over 10000 not multiple items. Even if it was multiple items the multiple items should have a value over 10000 the person that posted did not have items worth over 10000. But the intention is that you get 1 special item over 10000 like Pat F garrets Jeans worth 20700. Looked again in tw-db although the description says "items " the text below says contain an item. I hope we have cleared up this massive confusement now.
Items, as in items that could drop, not that the boxes drop multiple items. I hope we have cleared up this massive confusement now.

DeletedUser

Items, as in items that could drop, not that the boxes drop multiple items. I hope we have cleared up this massive confusement now.
If you think everyone is agreeing with you, you're mistaken.

"This chest contains items worth over $10000" says "open this box and you will receive an item worth over $10000."

DeletedUser563

Ok read the following on the german forum. They will evaluate the prices received and may in retrospect change in 2012 what you received. I presume that you will need to submit a ticket for this.

DeletedUser22685

Well I heard a few stories about people getting key 3 from Boxes with a rare product, so I thought I'd try my luck and buy them on all my worlds since they're only 5k each.

Here's what I got:
Tool box
Documents
Pitchfork
Key 1
Ship's bell
Post horn
Unaligned compass (containing Spinning compass)

DeletedUser

Bought several boxes over all worlds I play (in game cash) and my best item was fancy tie! Thanks Inno, ripped off again.............

DeletedUser

If the idea was to create a Xmas 'feelbad' factor then it has certainly worked.

They could have given everyone a free box with the ability to buy any number of additional ones, stating that the contents would be random and of any value. If the free box contained junk then nobody could complain if their purchases were also worthless, as they would have been warned. On the other hand, if it contained something worthwhile and the bought boxes didn't, the purchaser would at least realise they had been lucky at the start. Plus it would be a nice seasonal gesture from Inno.

I can't believe I'm giving them my good advice for free - it must be Xmas.

DeletedUser18357

Exactly Eli :) So simple and fair if they did that... They choose the worst option possible from at least 3 they may had.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Did anybody really pay $81 US for that 3000 nugget cost box? They gotta be outta their minds!

DeletedUser

Considering the number of times I've been accused of whining (my only character is a worker who doesn't duel!), it surprises me that I seem to be one of the few people who doesn't really feel cheated. It may have something to do with the fact that I just used nuggets that have been collecting dust for close to 2 years because I don't play often enough to justify using them. Or it might be the fact that my character is in even worse financial shape than I am, so anything is an improvement over what he already had. :p

I got a couple that were totally worthless, oats (when I almost never even leave the hotel), grey clothes, which I've already sold 100 or so times, the plain black pants that leaves only the wool belt left to complete the lovely farmer set (or whatever it's called.) On the other hand, I don't believe the shops in my town sell any of the other items I got, and I don't have the money for them if they did.

I've never heard of Harmonica's knee breeches, but they look good to me, the precise buntline is not only better than all the weapons I owned, but better than any sold in my weapon shop, the black jeans will be useful once I start playing again, the fancy shoes and the moccasins will also help at times. The green horse belt isn't great, but it's sure to help out with some jobs. The peace flower I'm still reserving judgment on. All in all, I did ok. I got rid of about 1k nuggets and got some new clothes/items, but nothing to write home about. I could have done much worse (and it sounds like some people probably did.)

DeletedUser563

yeah it will make the market immensely interesting again. I also am more than satisfied with my gifts. Also I heard around it seems that some players got the Innogames belt when they opened the last box. I have a feeling that it aint really a luck drop but a token of appreciation for their best clients.

DeletedUser2708

It may have something to do with the fact that I just used nuggets that have been collecting dust for close to 2 years because I don't play often enough to justify using them. Or it might be the fact that my character is in even worse financial shape than I am, so anything is an improvement over what he already had.

Well, speaking as someone who has played almost every day since the third world opened (spending next to nothing on nuggets in that time frame), most everything you got is easy enough to acquire without spending either the RL cash or game cash that you spent on the presents. You may not feel like it, but you really were more or less just as ripped off as anyone who's been complaining about it.

I have only spent game cash on elf bribes so far, and then only for the 5k gift that might drop the third key (so I can save myself respeccing for the golden gun that none of my toons even have yet at level cap). I may or may not spend some more game cash on some of the lesser gifts after I've opened the 5k ones Xmas day.

The peace flower is probably the best of the bunch, if only because of all the respeccing it would take to get even one of them, but given you would need at least three of them for a quest in order for it to be useful, maybe that's not such a help after all....

Status
Not open for further replies.