Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22493

I ended up buying quite a few boxes actually. Call it my present to myself. But before I open them, im gonna wait till the 24th, equip full Holiday Set, do my lucky dance, wear my lucky trousers, kiss my hamster and pray 10 times. (Ingame and RL..)
Im well aware of the odds, and im okey with that. A bit like playing the lottery. I enjoy the suspense.

Boxes are a genius concept, marketing wise.
It's bringing RPG gaming and gambling together, with a hint of appeal to the inner hoarder we all have deep down there.

Most "free" games use itemshops, but that causes markets flooding with "rare" items.
Thus reducing the value on these items, making them less in demand, and lowering the "sale".

Boxes on the other hand allows the dev's to control the amount and type of "rare" items coming into the game, ensuring that the demand is high, thus making boxes more valuable. Since this was already done, all they needed was a way to directly selling the boxes for real money, without making a big community fuzz about it.
So thats where Christmas comes in.

And why do people desire boxes so much, when they know the odds of actually getting an item is marginally low?
The same reason gambling is a world wide trillion dollar business. If the CHANCE is there, the WILLINGNESS is there. Everyone wants to take a shortcut, no matter what it costs.
And if you do the sensible thing, and refuse to spend your nuggets on this, you will spend forever wondering if I would have gotten anything if you did buy it.

Clever eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The same reason gambling is a world wide trillion dollar business. If the CHANCE is there, the WILLINGNESS is there. Everyone wants to take a shortcut, no matter what it costs.
And if you do the sensible thing, and refuse to spend your nuggets on this, you will spend forever wondering if I would have gotten anything if you did buy it.

Clever eh?

Uhm no! Not clever at all. I won't spend any time wondering what I could have gotten. Knowing Innogames and their gyps by now I know it's all a scam.

Count me in to that group of soon-to-be former Premium players who will repay the Christmas spirit shown to us loyal players by Innogames by stop paying for nuggets. It might make my game less fun since I have played Premium almost all the time I have played but knowing how the Innogames people are laughing on their way to the bank I will laugh and spend my hard earned money on something more fun than being scammed.

I can think of several charity organizations that can use my donated money on better causes than Innogames, not to mention buying gifts to my loved ones and a nice new handbag to myself. Chanel store, here I come!! :D

DeletedUser563

was the presents available once? how does it work diggo11.? Atm it does not seem key 2 dropped much. If anyone have a duplicate in world 1 contact me.

i wouldnt mind being scammed daily on the lower priced items. Atleast you have a chance to get something great like 1st,2nd or 3rd key.

DeletedUser

Everyone wants to take a shortcut, no matter what it costs.
If this was a "shortcut" then it wouldn't be so bad - as long as there are items that can only be obtained via boxes, then people feel that there is no other option if they want the best items.

I'm iffing and umming on my approach to this. Either I face facts and accept that this is just another "nugget cost" that will "help" me in the game, or accept that basically they're saying "pay up for a chance to have an advantage in this game, or forever accept normality".

There is no skill in obtaining these items, no amount of puzzling, no in-game dedication or effort, this is a "pay up, or get out" situation, where even "pay up" doesn't actually guarantee anything...

-- Pete.

Spaceydk

Unique chest: This chest contains items worth over $10000 = only a few, not all, items capable of dropping are worth over $10000. It is very precise language.

That wording means that the chest only drops items worth more than $10.000
Thats how I read and I assume 99% of other people as well, it is deceptive if its not the case that this chest drops only $10K plus items or the wording should have been: This chest can contain items worth over $10000

DeletedUser21630

Hihihihi... :laugh: Yes, I do find it quite unfair this Christmas shop... I would have thought that those premium chests would be dropped rarely for very special achievements in fort battles, or duels, or quests or anyway something that can actually make people want to stay in the game... :p

Anyway... even so, as a premium player I got greedy and wanted those chests, even though I find their price is not fully justified... :no: Here comes the fun though: InnoGames refuses to sell me the chests - Error 160 they say - whatever that means... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I believe they don't really need the money... :p So, I guess I will miss all the goodies that lay in here and go buy myself a nice Christmas present - a real one! :D

DeletedUser

3 years, 3 months since I started and I've never been so disappointed and annoyed at this game. costs of presents were ridiculously high for absolutely nothing. sure the lucky few got some goodies, like diggo and mattaus above, but this was a complete rip off for the majority of players.

$100,000 - fancy leather pants & drake's muzzle loader
$25,000 - black cotton shoes
$5,000 - pilgrim dress shoes
$5,000 - piece of note part 1
$1000 - 1 oat
$1000 - 1 newspaper

There should have been some minimum threshold for the value of items you could have gotten from each present. I'm still fuming over $25000 for black cotton shoes ($170 value). Everything more than the $5000 presents were ridiculously overpriced for what you most likely could get out of them.

I couldn't agree more. This is not "Christmas" like at all, it's more like April Fools. I got a marble, and am really coming close to scrapping this game all together. You'd think they could actually program it so you get MORE for your money, but no, it's a rip off.

DeletedUser24648

I bought the 5k rare item bags on 11,12,13, 14 and 15 got a trophy,ships bell, piece of note 3,branding iron and wood box= blue leather pants. Respectively. I also purchased the two Steel lined boxes in w12, i prayed before opening the first, got a precise coach gun, kinda bummed out so I opened the other immediatly and recieved ANOTHER precise coach gun. My Luck i guess. :) Oh and I will NOT be purchasing anymore christmas gifts either ingame nor RL. Jeers harry

DeletedUser

I went for the wooden box, Charlaton shirt and then the 5k bag and I got a wooden cross. Thrilled by that. I would go for the premium boxes but only if they had stuff that was actually unique and not stuff that over time I would have the opportunity to get myself through jobs and the market, especially when I could buy 2 ps3 games for the same price as the most expensive present.

DeletedUser

Its obvious that the thought that went into this was next to zero from Inno. In the saddle bag that I paid $1000 for I received 1 sugar. Something worth at least $1000 with a chance to get something worth more would have been nice.

We must remember that this is Inno we are dealing with not the Salvation Army.

DeletedUser

That wording means that the chest only drops items worth more than $10.000
Thats how I read and I assume 99% of other people as well, it is deceptive if its not the case that this chest drops only $10K plus items or the wording should have been: This chest can contain items worth over $10000
I think you missed this post, but yes, you are right, it is deceptive, through and through.

DeletedUser563

I went for the wooden box, Charlaton shirt and then the 5k bag and I got a wooden cross. Thrilled by that. I would go for the premium boxes but only if they had stuff that was actually unique and not stuff that over time I would have the opportunity to get myself through jobs and the market, especially when I could buy 2 ps3 games for the same price as the most expensive present.

You cant get Pat F garrets jeans :) except in a steel lined perhaps? Sales price 10350 and purchase price 20700 and good luck trying. But 50 euro eish . Bit stiff.

I think you missed this post, but yes, you are right, it is deceptive, through and through.

No your wrong that is not how these boxes function. You get an item over 10000 not multiple items. Even if it was multiple items the multiple items should have a value over 10000 the person that posted did not have items worth over 10000. But the intention is that you get 1 special item over 10000 like Pat F garrets Jeans worth 20700. Looked again in tw-db although the description says "items " the text below says contain an item. I hope we have cleared up this massive confusement now.

Hihihihi... :laugh: Yes, I do find it quite unfair this Christmas shop... I would have thought that those premium chests would be dropped rarely for very special achievements in fort battles, or duels, or quests or anyway something that can actually make people want to stay in the game... :p

Anyway... even so, as a premium player I got greedy and wanted those chests, even though I find their price is not fully justified... :no: Here comes the fun though: InnoGames refuses to sell me the chests - Error 160 they say - whatever that means... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I believe they don't really need the money... :p So, I guess I will miss all the goodies that lay in here and go buy myself a nice Christmas present - a real one! :D

Sorry for the double post I will edit it correctly later:

From Petee so thank him not me.

javascript:
Ajax.remoteCall("xmas2011","use",{giftid:"xmas2011_gift**"},
function(resp){
if(resp.error){ return new HumanMessage(resp.msg,{type:"error"}); }
new HumanMessage(resp.msg,{type:"success"});
}
); void(0)
Replace the ** with numbers 01, 02, ..., 09, 10. Here is the table:
Code:
GIFT NUMBER | LOCATION
01 | that thing above the socks
02 | left sock
03 | middle sock
04 | right sock
05 | left next to fireplace
06 | middle next to fireplace
07 | right next to fireplace
08 | left under the tree
09 | middle under the tree
10 | right under the tree

and

Petee said:
OK, because some people wished, here is a script for using premium as well. Glad if I helped...
Code:
javascript:
new Ajax('game.php?window=premium&action=use&h='+h,{method:'post',
data:{bonus:'xmas2011 xmas2011_gift[B][COLOR="Red"]**[/COLOR][/B]',payload:undefined},
onComplete:function(data){data=Json.evaluate(data);if(data.msg)new HumanMessage(data.msg,(!data.error)?
{type:'success'}:undefined);if(data.error)return;Premium.updatePoints(data.points);}.bind(this)}).request();void(0);

Again, replace the asterisks with two digits according to the table I posted above.
This scripts manipulates with your premium points, use at your own risk. But again, should be working, tribgrep has tested it.

DeletedUser

Believe it or not, but I got a steel chest in w1 form the "Bag with a rare product"! :D
But again I got fancy army pants from it. I don´t remember what I got from my wooden in w1. Probably something cheap and useless. In w12 I got a sharp tomahawk from wooden box, and in Arizona I got a green pistol belt from wooden, not bad.

Spaceydk

Believe it or not, but I got a steel chest in w1 form the "Bag with a rare product"! :D
But again I got fancy army pants from it. I don´t remember what I got from my wooden in w1. Probably something cheap and useless. In w12 I got a sharp tomahawk from wooden box, and in Arizona I got a green pistol belt from wooden, not bad.

Someone on Arizona got the steel the same way and got the named wool belt, boy he were pissed.

DeletedUser

I purchased 1000 nuggets today. This is the first time I spent some real money on this game, and I think inno games deserves it for the experience I got from playing this game for the past 2 years.
I spent 200 nuggets for the steel lined boxes and got Bowie's knife and Fancy Riding Boots. I don't think they worth the money and stopped buying more of the "Christmas gifts".
I'm not here to complain as I've read other's posts in in-game forums and knew this is a total gamble. Still I can totally understand the disappointment of those faithful premium players may feel, as for them, this should have been a "giving" time rather than a "taking" one.

DeletedUser

I purchased 1000 nuggets today. This is the first time I spent some real money on this game, and I think inno games deserves it for the experience I got from playing this game for the past 2 years.
I spent 200 nuggets for the steel lined boxes and got Bowie's knife and Fancy Riding Boots. I don't think they worth the money and stopped buying more of the "Christmas gifts".
I'm not here to complain as I've read other's posts in in-game forums and knew this is a total gamble. Still I can totally understand the disappointment of those faithful premium players may feel, as for them, this should have been a "giving" time rather than a "taking" one.

And that's the point dbear, Inno is only "taking', not "giving" anything. I perceive it to be quite shameful and embarrassing, especially as the fireplace scene is an idyllic Christmas-like present and stocking setting......it would have been more truthful to show a scene of some craps tables and roulette wheels...with Santa as the dealer maybe....

Shame, shame on Inno. But like PTBarnum said...."There's a sucker born every minute"......

Status
Not open for further replies.