Premiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser28464

If I get a lot of enjoyment from a game, I find it proper to put a bit of money into it even if it is a free game. It is pretty easy to do when you have bought tons of computer game which turned out to be deceptions and waste of money.
I have been playing for the past 2 years, and I have been buying premiums regularly.

I have had the following 2 problems with premiums: (this surprised me because the premiums in grepolis (another innogame ) were excellent in price, description and application).

Problem 1
Whenever I buy something, I like to get what the label says.
If I buy a 10 percent bonus and I later find out that it is really 10 percent of 25, thus 2.5 percent; this is misleading the customer. The premiums should indicate clearly what they do. Here, I am referring to the premium that doubles the bonuses of the adventurer. The true bonus should be given. If there are other variables involved it should have a range- example (gives a bonus from 2.5 to 5 percent for finding an item). Many premium buyers are new players and it is important to clearly indicate what is sold. Innogames should review their adverts on premiums and make sure they are clear. Also, examples of what a premium does (especially the confusing ones) would be a good addition.

With my experience with premiums (old premiums), I can say that premiums just give but a small advantage, and this is especially true for those who have access to a computer all day.
Anybody that invests in a free game shouldn't be placed in a situation which is frustrating and gives the customer the feeling that his purchase was a rip-off.

Problem 2
After playing the game for 2 years, this concern doesn't apply anymore but it did in the first year I played.
I was doing quests and planning to keep supporting my town. The server was full of active players, then; I was around level 60 non dueling adventurer. So, I bought the nuggets and ticked the four premiums. I was mixing it up, an xp job, a money job then a quest step. Well, I spent 2 weeks being KO'd. During those 2 weeks I spent a lot of time sleeping instead of taking advantage of my premiums. Yes, I finally had to leave town. I know that dueling is part of the game and I accept that. But, in this case, I was losing my investment in a free game, and being KO'd by players who might have never invested a nugget. If I am not under premiums, I do not care if I get KO'd, but if there is real money involved, I do care.
Many players who play free games and never invest any money into a game will be the first to disagree with this and bash this post. Also, if you are just a dueler, why would you care?

Pedro:blink:

Noobmic

I agree with you.
Also I'm a non-dueler adventurer (meaning I don't duel players and my accounts are adventurer) that bought premium until I reached level 99.

DeletedUser14006

The premium bonus setup seems just fine to me, it is very well explained.

I cannot believe you are complaining about wasted premium due to being ko'd, that is ludicrous :laugh:

Try investing your money in a game where you shoot bubbles or stack bricks, those sort of games are a very safe option :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Try investing your money in a game where you shoot bubbles or stack bricks, those sort of games are a very safe option :rolleyes:

Awesome. ...and true.

I feel they are well explained. If the major reason is being KO'd then don't join a town. Do you want premium players to not lose energy by getting KO'd? ;)

DeletedUser28464

Safe game

There are a few problems with the game design, and depending what paths you take these problems do not affect the paths equally.
If you are a non dueler, you are at the mercy of every dueler, without being able to defend yourself.
If you are a dueler, you can at least defend yourself and limit the damage.
How safe it is, isn't equal.

If everybody was a dueler in the game and the set of stats and level progress were different than doing jobs, we would not have the problem. We would have the adventurer-dueler, the builder-dueler, the trapper-dueler, the farmer-dueler etc. When you level, you get a set of skill/ability points for dueling and another one for trades. Trade stats to do jobs would not be the same as duel stats. This would have been a better design.

I am sure there are solutions to this problem in the game as is, but innogames refuses to address the issue because of all the duelers that find a great enjoyment in killing safe sure win targets. These duelers are the ones playing the safe game.

Pedro :p
NB: This is off topic but I'm tired of being sermonized that this isn't a safe game as an argument against bettering the game.

DeletedUser14006

Why not toughen up sir, use the shaman and return the punishment from where it came.

There is nothing to stop somebody respeccing several times, I have done it on Arizona - I started as a pure duelist then I switched to fort fighting and now I have a lvl 84 'All Jobs' build, I will respec back to mixed duelist/fort fighting at some point.

So having been on both sides of the fence I see no point in this thread, if you are not willing to 'step up' ingame then expect no sympathy here, afterall - this is the Wild West!

DeletedUser22575

When you joined this game didn't you know that depending on what choice you made as far as class and where you distributed your points at effected safety and equality?

You made your choces..not the other players.

If paying for premmie and getting ko'd leaves a bad taste in your mouth look at it this way..

You do get premmie advantages and plus you are "donating" money for future game improvements, not paying :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28464

New Player problems

Those problems occurred when I was new to the game. They don't apply anymore for me. I can easily say that I understand this game more than most, so I don't need any of your advice on how to play this game.
These problems still remain in the game for new players that want to play a non dueling role. Until they reach high level, they are sitting ducks for predators that want easy kills. I see some of your stats like 300 kills and 10 losses, what risks have you taken ???????? There are many players with these stats; it certainly reflects some of the problems with the game.

When you start the game, it gives you the options on what you want to be. Builders and adventurers are among the choices. There is no warning that playing these roles is lame in the game and that you have chosen to play as a chicken among wolves until you reach high level.

Pedro:D

DeletedUser22575

Those problems occurred when I was new to the game. They don't apply anymore for me. I can easily say that I understand this game more than most, so I don't need any of your advice on how to play this game.
These problems still remain in the game for new players that want to play a non dueling role. Until they reach high level, they are sitting ducks for predators that want easy kills. I see some of your stats like 300 kills and 10 losses, what risks have you taken ???????? There are many players with these stats; it certainly reflects some of the problems with the game.

When you start the game, it gives you the options on what you want to be. Builders and adventurers are among the choices. There is no warning that playing these roles is lame in the game and that you have chosen to play as a chicken among wolves until you reach high level.

Pedro:D

Here is everyone warning:

Discover new lands and experience exciting adventures and duels!
The West is waiting for you!

This game is no different from any other game to a large degree. There is prey...and there is predators.

Unless this is someone very first on line game they should know that. Not only that they have the entire time they are greenhorns to ask questions before picking a class.

So no sympathy here. They learn from experience, the same way most of us did.

DeletedUser28464

decoy classes

So you are telling me that the builder and adventure classes were created as prey classes, so that new players that would choose them would have to experience the game being preyed by predators to discover that this game is only about duels and fort battles. Once they have learned this, they are intelligent gamers as yourself, and have acquired the knowledge that all online games are about prey and predators.

Thanks Turtle
I am now enlightened as yourself

DeletedUser22575

So you are telling me that the builder and adventure classes were created as prey classes, so that new players that would choose them would have to experience the game being preyed by predators to discover that this game is only about duels and fort battles. Once they have learned this, they are intelligent gamers as yourself, and have acquired the knowledge that all online games are about prey and predators.

Thanks Turtle

No.

What I am telling you is this. They had plenty of opportunity before they selected that class to ask questions. There are lots of players here in the forum willing to answer questions if asked, either here or by pm.

Additionally there are some excellent guides here specifically explaining to workers how to do a build to get max protection/defense and still be good builders.

They have an opportunity to place points to help themselves but all too often they do not, just as they fail to join strong towns to help protect themselves, but join little towns with no protection scattered all over the map.

What I am telling you is they make prey out of themselves all to often through the choices they make.

Instead putting points to help protect themselves they do "pure builds"..then cry about being dueled...and expect inno games to make changes where they are not only a "pure whatever"..but equal to the soldier/dueler also.

DeletedUser9470

Thanks Turtle

man, i dont agree with what you say.
adventurer and builder classes have excellent bonuses. what is wrong is your build.
if i was playing my soldier build as a adventurer i would be doing very similar in my duelling.
soldier has a tactics bonus and that hardly serves, especially if you build a full attack or resist build.
what people keep on moaning about is the game, yet they forget they are not playing against the game, they are playing against other players.

DeletedUser28464

grizzly bear hunter

That first day I played the game, being a dumb player, I had no idea that I could be good at ambushing stagecoaches, hunting grizzly bears, and chasing bandits and at the same token, null at dueling.
My initial fantasy in the game was role playing a trapper, (I was excited over all the hunting and trapping jobs).
But unfortunately, is this game just an arcade dueling game ?

Pedro:mad:

DeletedUser

It's a game where a good number of players spend day and night whining on and on about dueling. Deal with it. If you want to do quests, fort battles, work on jobs, collect items, break records for highest cash acquired, build towns and forts you have to understand that you are sacrificing the dueling aspect. The same way my resistance soldier beats on tens of people, yet struggles to level up, tediously working on jobs for tiny bits of experience.

All of the people who are opposed to some aspect of dueling are completely blind to the fact that by trying to contain duelers, they are actually putting them at a disadvantage. We are widely spit upon because of our way of playing The West, yet no one stops to think that if they impose more and more rules on dueling it simply becomes harsher to do it. We are forced to adapt to certain updates that alter dueling, but I won't agree to the unrealistic suggestions of other players.

I also pay for premium and have played twice as an adventurer and once as a fort fighter. I always play one character at a time and have enough of it to observe how dueling reflects on my style of playing. I have never had a single problem with someone beating me, since that's their job.

DeletedUser28464

Dueling

Most of the time I switch my equipment to my dueling gear when I do jobs. I tried a little experiment and purposely didn't put any dueling gear. The only times somebody attacked me in the past months was when I wasn't wearing any dueling gear. Why are duelers attacking me only when I'm wearing non dueling equipment and corrosive acid or a pillow ?
In the real Far West, duelers dueled other consenting duelers. They did not duel unarmed people with a pillow in their hand.
The developers called this dueling, but shooting at anybody isn't dueling.

Basically, I walk around the game, check profiles, duel anybody without gear, get 300 wins and 10 losses, and I am a brilliant "The West" player. Please do not change the rules, I like this and its why I'm playing this game.

I don't see how a dueler can be proud of his accomplishments in this game, considering how it can be achieved.
300 kills, 10 losses

For the good of the game and for those that want legitimate dueler recognition, I think this problem should be addressed.

Pedro, Hall of Fame #11, server 9

DeletedUser22575

Most of the time I switch my equipment to my dueling gear when I do jobs. I tried a little experiment and purposely didn't put any dueling gear. The only times somebody attacked me in the past months was when I wasn't wearing any dueling gear. Why are duelers attacking me only when I'm wearing non dueling equipment and corrosive acid or a pillow ?
In the real Far West, duelers dueled other consenting duelers. They did not duel unarmed people with a pillow in their hand.
The developers called this dueling, but shooting at anybody isn't dueling.

Basically, I walk around the game, check profiles, duel anybody without gear, get 300 wins and 10 losses, and I am a brilliant "The West" player. Please do not change the rules, I like this and its why I'm playing this game.

I don't see how a dueler can be proud of his accomplishments in this game, considering how it can be achieved.
300 kills, 10 losses

For the good of the game and for those that want legitimate dueler recognition, I think this problem should be addressed.

Pedro, Hall of Fame #11, server 9

Oh what garbage.

In the real west there was almost never anything like a movie duel out in the street. They shot each other in the back....they ganged up five or six to one...they used shotguns on many occasions instead of pistols...and they often shot down unarmed opponents.

As why they are attacking you when you aren't wearing any dueling gear. The answer is obvious..you are an easy target for money/exp.

And you want to talk about the good of the game and premmie.

Well think about this. One of the largest classes if not the largest is the soldier class. So statistically even if only the same percentage of soldiers use premmie as any other class soldiers are in fact paying for a good share of the development of this game.

In other words they have been paying to help develop changes that are not to their advantage in many ways....spot dueling...the future allies being able to fire one shot back...etc...

So maybe for the good of the game its time to stop some of the whining and crying for a change. ....to man up and do the best you can with the class you picked and developed. And if you don't like your choice and the way it turned out..learn from it and do better with the same class or a new class in a future world.

DeletedUser

This thread is quite lame. Everyone knows the different classes and can certainly see the bonuses before they choose. If they don't know, well then one can learn through FAQs and questions, can reskill a player or can literally pick up and start in a new world!!! What the hell is the problem here?

The point of dueling is to ...win, So would you rather duel someone with their best clothes on or without them? Someone who has a 300-10 record ....has just that ...a 300-10 record ..which is great. Nobody cares about video game justice.

To fill in a lot of the gaps of "being unfair" and being picked on is the whole alliance and town deals. That guy won't duel you because your town has great duelers to get them back, or you are friends because of an alliance, etc, etc. Many etc's.

DeletedUser28464

sleep protection

I rarely carry any cash, so ya, they might be getting some xp; not that I care much, I have been level 99 for quite a while and am super rich.

When I say dueler, I also include soldiers, although soldiers certainly didn't kill town people in the back. Also I think you are confusing duelers and criminals. Duelers in the far west actually had an honor code.

Here is another saloon story:

In one of my old towns, there was this dueler (or criminal would be more appropriate) who was attacking our town and targeting the builders. He attacked me a few times, and he lost every battle against me. Then, he stopped dueling me and was only dueling the others. After posting my victories, the others asked for my help. Although I never initiate duels, my offensive skills are better than my defensive skills. So, for the first time in this game, I decided to be the dueler. I never was able to duel the guy, a complete waste of time. I figured he slept over 20 hours a day. This is another big flaw in the game. When at 100 percent energy and hitpoints, you should be automatically out in the open out of sleep mode.
Sleep protection doesn't sound too real, most criminals had short sleeps with only one eye open.

The current dueling rules are well fitting for criminal role playing.
What I find garbage is people that believe that the dueling class is fine and doesn't need any changes.

Pedro
NB: The duel fights themselves are very good and I find that part very well done. And, I do like most of the game or I wouldn't be playing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

Took me a few trys to get it... started a soldier resist on 9 done did fine #8 dueling currently ...started a dueler on a world i dont remember rubbish for dueling ...deleted... next up a builder got hit a lot & lasted a week before reskilling to duel defensively & it was fun cos they wernt finding it so easy to beat my ass then but deleted anyway... I have an adventurer currently in top 40 duel rank on w8 and now he kicks butt after getting pawned as a trapper for 6 mths..run a couple of 0 motive toons and they kick butt all over the place low or high lvl targets full duel kit or work kit i still hit them whatever...got a nice little def shooter on w5 at lvl 60 who kicks serious butt and it took a lvl 99 with a golden colt to take the 16k bounty off him after 26 straight defenses from all comers up to lvl 98....

Point is it took me less than 2 weeks to sort out the prem uses and what one for what class... the game is what it is and if you dont like being a target either spec accordingly ... get pawned or leave town... BUT DON'T complain about it.

You choose your class ... we all do... its a simple choice so deal with it, if not then go play something else its simple.

you wont find much sympathy here

DeletedUser28464

Victor

Victor, I am not looking for any sympathy, that is not the point.

We are both in world 9, and things aren't as good as they were. I have many friends that quit the game. My original town used to have 45 members, now it has around 15, and its one of the better towns in the game. We have many 1 member towns, and most of these towns are nearly fully built. and I could go on and on
The closest fort to my town never has any fort battles (its a fort in your alliance).

Complaining is a way of getting heard and getting changes done.
Without complaints, we would stop progressing.

The dueling class as it stands needs a refit. It is one of the main problems in this game and the reason why many new players don't stay long.
I'm anxious for the next updates; level 120, new quests, pants etc..., that will be great.

A revamp of the dueling class is a must, not because I hate being attacked, but because there are flaws in the way the class functions, and good changes might surprisingly be welcome in the long run by the conservative shooters; and it might attract new members more interested in the role playing part of the game, doing trades, and other aspects besides dueling.

Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.