Premium

DeletedUser529

Do you consider buying a premium account as giving unfair advanatge to those players?

Or in other words do you consider buying a premium account as cheating?

DeletedUser

Premium helps the game keep going. So I see nothing wrong using it.

DeletedUser14029

I do feel that way a little bit when I see a Level 72 Soldier holding PRECISE BUNTLINE, full Tactics clothing (Fancy Felt Hat, Fancy Bow Tie, Fancy Coat, Brown Boots), with a great neon sign in this profile 'DUEL ME!' . ..

funny. I have to spend just about 100 points on Appearance to overpower his Tactics that came with his clothes >.< and the x2 bonus from Premium XD

DeletedUser529

I had a player in a couple of the other INNOGAMES game call me and others who have premium accounts CHEATERS. I told him if no one bought into the idea of premium then innogames would not have any reason to publish any games. In the past many players have told me that premium players have an unfair advantage over non-premium players when they make this game possible and economicaly viable.

DeletedUser

I had a player in a couple of the other INNOGAMES game call me and others who have premium accounts CHEATERS. I told him if no one bought into the idea of premium then innogames would not have any reason to publish any games. In the past many players have told me that premium players have an unfair advantage over non-premium players when they make this game possible and economicaly viable.

Well, it depends what the premium advantages are. You know very well that Grepolis for now is being a "pay for win" game with all that overpowering premium advantages. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

i agree soldier premium is the only one worth it towards a character type, the others have no advantage.
but if you went tothe saloon you would see there is alreay a post on this topic

DeletedUser529

i agree soldier premium is the only one worth it towards a character type, the others have no advantage.
but if you went tothe saloon you would see there is alreay a post on this topic

It is getting to the point where every subject has been talked about, and the search function is very PITIFUL......If every dam time a player wants to post something then be reminded of this then this forum is TOTALLY BLOODY OBSOLETE.

Diggo11

Premium could be much worse. Imagine if non premium players could only travel to half the map, only train to two attributes, have no access to the Shaman and not have access to neckbands or item sets! In terms of being playable without premium, Inno does a pretty good job :)

DeletedUser9470

Premium could be much worse. Imagine if non premium players could only travel to half the map, only train to two attributes, have no access to the Shaman and not have access to neckbands or item sets! In terms of being playable without premium, Inno does a pretty good job :)

so very true. NO PREMIUM here and i'm doing fine ! :laugh:

so you confirm that premium is a rip off.
isnt it in innogames interest to sell as much premium as possible?
if so why dont they even try and make it attractive?

DeletedUser8627

Construct manor-house

motivation.png
94%

clock.png
2 hours
dollar.png
$ 54
experience.png
108 experience points
danger.png
You hit your head on a rock. You lose 15 health points.

^^ 2 hours Non premium this morning

Construct manor-house

motivation.png
89%

clock.png
1 hours
dollar_bonus.png
$ 87
experience.png
106 experience points

1 hour premium this morning. It helps a lot.

Also thinking of luck and all that but as you can see the values are quite apart from each other compared to the time spent.

I have read a few of these types of threads and if you willing to pay to get a extra bonus then why not. Inno supplies it for a player to use.

The West is free to play without premium it you want that little extra it's understandable that it's going to cost money. Plus premium also provides resources for upgrades to make your gaming experience better.

So where does cheating come in?

DeletedUser632

no, i don't think so. i believe premium saves a LOT of your time and gives you the opportunity to advance a LOT quicker, therefore providing a FAIR advantage over the others, non-premium players.

in my case it was rather a moral decision. spending quite a lot of time playing web based games is bad enough and i feel sometimes guilty about that. spending money would have been too much for my conscience.

but, for those who have already solved this moral dilemma, premium is worth buying.

DeletedUser9470

no, i don't think so. i believe premium saves a LOT of your time and gives you the opportunity to advance a LOT quicker, therefore providing a FAIR advantage over the others, non-premium players.

in my case it was rather a moral decision. spending quite a lot of time playing on-line games is bad enough and i feel sometimes guilty about that. spending money would have been too much for my conscience.

but, for those who have already solved this moral dilemma, premium is worth buying.

I understand and wasnt having a go at you, i just want to prove my point tha premium isnt that fair, since ive stopped premium i am getting similar drops, which as an adventurer wasnt expected at all.
:)

Diggo11

Not at all. The difference here is premium builds you up, rather than tearing non-premiums down.

DeletedUser16628

I don't consider it cheating or a unfair advantage.It's a tool that costs money to use but it's there to use for all players and if you choose to use it well it's part of the game.If you choose not to or can't afford to well I'm sorry but it is what it is.

DeletedUser

The West has the most balanced premium system of any browser game I've played. It's much more balanced than Grepolis. The only thing that's a bit much is premium character advantage for soldiers, but besides that, it's extremely useful without being overpowering.

DeletedUser

I played for a very long time without premium, and did quite well. Had a great dueling record, built up a strong town, and had a great time playing this game. To be honest, now that I have premium services, the game is a bit more fun, but I would hardly call it unfair, or even unbalancing.

There are games where paying for services does pose an unfair advantage, like games where you can purchase all your stats with straight out cash. What's the point in playing a game like that if the person who has the deepest pockets will always be kicking everyone's ass? Anyway, this game is not one of them, at least not yet. And, if it ever does go that route, which I truly hope it does not, I'll be one of the first to find the exit, mainly because it will be an indication the developers are trying to get their last bucks before they close the servers.

As it is, the game is well balanced and premium provides nice advantages, but at a pocket price that is reasonable, and with advantages that do not imbalance gameplay for the non-paying clients.

So, in answer to the OP's question, no... it is not unfair.

DeletedUser

There are games where paying for services does pose an unfair advantage, like games where you can purchase all your stats with straight out cash.

Or games where you can buy cash. Then there's the fact that, though it may be quicker to get there with premium, everyone has the same level cap. That's not the case in all games.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
It's just one of the worst types of game system, they make money by selling ingame advantages. Tribal Wars had better premium system, the new players paid for a convince and for the long term players it's more like a membership. If the game improves in general then the premium wont be much on an issue, if nothing much happens it'll just be people paying for a higher place in the Hall of Fame. Obviously I can't name the non-inno games that have good systems.

There's games out there that sell armour (with so much powercreep it acts like a solid wall of concrete), ingame currency, levels and everything else. I keep away from those, but if you have a game like that then somebody will pay up, no matter how bad the game is, so I guess the business works.

Last edited: