Premium Accounts € £ ?

DeletedUser

This may be one for the currency traders rather than "The West" players, but I am based in the UK and I noticed that when you buy a premium account the Euro price is = to the £ price. Now the exchange rate right now is poor, but it is nowhere near 1 for 1 (it's about 1.2 at the time of writing). So, is there anything to stop me giving my country as somewhere in the Euro zone and saving a few pennies (cents), that way?

Also, I've never bothered with any premiums, any experience of what works best would be nice (though I've not searched the forums yet, so please ignore if this comes up repeatedly).

Cheers

DeletedUser

Depends on what you like to do...

If you do a lot of Money dominint jobs, than i would suggest :

Higher income

The wages are increased by 50% and the items you'll find during your work are more valuable. The chance to find a product is also increased by 50%.

and 150% energy. :)

DeletedUser

Why does it say that buying premium (5 nuggets) via SMS texting from my mobile phone will cost £1.50 GBP then when I click it, it says text this code: ******** to INNO2 but then says it will cost £3.00 GBP?
If I buy through paypal I can get 10 nuggets for £3.00 GBP, my network provider gives me free texts and I bought 5 nuggets the other day and it only cost £1.50 GBP through texting?
What's going on then.............

DeletedUser

Also, I've never bothered with any premiums, any experience of what works best would be nice (though I've not searched the forums yet, so please ignore if this comes up repeatedly).
Depends on how you play the game. I would definitely say "yes" for Higher Income. Then for the others:
If you can only log in once a day, Automation should be a "must", while More Energy would probably not mean a lot to you. If you can be online frequently, Automation would have very little benefit to you (only the ability to show different jobs and rank them, which you can do for yourself in Excel), but More Energy would definitely help you a lot. Character Bonus - I would say it depends on the type of character you chose, and what you are currently doing. And of course how much dough you have to spend :D

DeletedUser

More energy definitely helps you level faster if you can be online from time to time to submit jobs. I reckon its most important for levelling fast.

Higher income is great for money and equipment: helps build the town faster and gets you the items you need for quests. Once the town's built it gives you the cash to buy the items now in the stores.

Character bonus & automation - I think these are weaker picks. Automation is only necessary if you can't get online much and most character boni are pretty weak in my opinion. Strictly for the players who want to be in the top 100.

DeletedUser

Why does it say that buying premium (5 nuggets) via SMS texting from my mobile phone will cost £1.50 GBP then when I click it, it says text this code: ******** to INNO2 but then says it will cost £3.00 GBP?
If I buy through paypal I can get 10 nuggets for £3.00 GBP, my network provider gives me free texts and I bought 5 nuggets the other day and it only cost £1.50 GBP through texting?
What's going on then.............

The west has just switched to a new SMS system with a new partner so I think there is a bug in the nuggets for that. It has been reported so it should be being fixed.

DeletedUser

I think the best are Automation and More Energy are probably the most useful.

Then Higher Income.

Then Character Bonus if you really wanna waste money.

DeletedUser363

Well, the character bonus premium is really useful for soldiers.

DeletedUser

I have 5 of 8 characters in the top 100, one is #12, and the only premium I have ever had is the quest provided kind.

:p :mad:

What's your beef? I said those enhancements are useless in my opinion unless you're desperate for every little enhancement to help claw your way into the top hundred. I did not say that the top hundred were using them.

DeletedUser

character bonus is not so bad.i use lv 4 hotels for free in town near us all the time.our town have lv 2 hotel atm :)
It's even better when you are out of town
Altough i agree it's the last one i would pay for.Automation and energy are the best :)

DeletedUser

I didn't see this thread before I posted a similar one..

£3.00 for 5 nuggets on SMS is scandlous. That's a 100% increase in price in a couple of days. there's no way in hell that they can justify £15 for full premium for a fortnight. That is absolutely appalling. It makes it like the most expensive RPG I've ever played in my life..I can't believe that they've done that. I don't mind paying the occasional £1.50 here and there, but £3.00. That's more than a pint of beer in some trendy bars!!

DeletedUser

The west has just switched to a new SMS system with a new partner so I think there is a bug in the nuggets for that. It has been reported so it should be being fixed.

bongobenny please read my post above.

DeletedUser26367

I'm a New Zealand player of the west and want to pay premium through SMS. The only trouble is when I try and do step 2 which is send the following message to receive your code I just seem to get 'Error' when I send my message. Could someone please tell me what to do.
Ps: could it have seomthing to do with the provider I am on?

-Meleven

DeletedUser563

you can pay in any currency. i pay in dollar as its cheaper than in my own currency which is almost always about 7 to a dollar but here is about 9 to a dollar. if it doesn't allow you pm me and i will explain how to do it as I dont want to discuss my payment methods in public.