Praying

• Thread starter DeletedUser15641
  • Start date

asdf124

Actually, it's been mentioned by official sources in the past that praying too much does have a negative effect. What that effect is, we can't say, no more than we can say for sure what its positive effects may be.

However, a recent info said that it was a myth(If you watched the recent inno youtube news video.). So, does this mean praying negative bonuses have been removed?

DeletedUser36559

Whatever praying does it doesn't really even matter, no-one knows what it does and frankly it doesn't even effect my game play slightly apart from getting the praying achievements.

DeletedUser22685

However, a recent info said that it was a myth(If you watched the recent inno youtube news video.). So, does this mean praying negative bonuses have been removed?

I admit to not having watched that video. I doubt they bothered to change it, so it probably just means that it was a rumour to begin with. Either way, with no proven noticeable effect, I wouldn't waste my time praying regardless.

DeletedUser

They're very careful even to deny anything when it comes to praying because given enough negatives, it would be possible to formulate a positive and work out what effect praying does have.
'When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - no matter how improbable - must be the truth.'

DeletedUser35533

They're very careful even to deny anything when it comes to praying because given enough negatives, it would be possible to formulate a positive and work out what effect praying does have.
'When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - no matter how improbable - must be the truth.'
so what does it do?
whole thing was bs, they promised mysteries of the west and all they did was recount ancient easter eggs without giving any hints for praying or quests.

DeletedUser

I can't believe this thread is still active. Round and round and round we go. We could come up with theories until the Sun explodes, but at the end of the day, no-one (except those who know and are sworn to secrecy) can prove their theories.
Praying helps in FFs/Praying has no effect in FFs.
Praying helps you get better gear from chests/Praying has no effect in what you get from chests.
Okay, I'll come up with one. Praying increases the chance of items dropping from jobs because one time when I prayed, I got more successful drops.
Anyone see where I'm going with this? :shootout::dastardly:

DeletedUser26820

Maybe you prayed at the wrong time/day? :p

or finished at the wrong time/day.

If one believes that praying is "good" or is beneficial or brings positive karma or mojo, then the notion that there could be any "wrong" time or any "wrong" day is contrary to the original belief.

DeletedUser22685

If one believes that praying is "good" or is beneficial or brings positive karma or mojo, then the notion that there could be any "wrong" time or any "wrong" day is contrary to the original belief.

Not really. You could believe that praying is "good" or is beneficial or brings positive karma or mojo only when you do it at certain times on certain days. You could apply your logic to almost anything and it'd be impossible to place restrictions on your beliefs, which is clearly not the case.

DeletedUser33353

Or.....you could refuse to do it all. And wait for the proverbial piano to come land on ones head. Either way, an old discussion going on forever here :) Pray if you wish, or not. Just watch out for those Baby Grands coming down.

DeletedUser36559

There could be a mental aspect to prayer without any religious dogma interlaced with it. Praying could be similar to the 'placebo effect' and it may 'seem' to work for some people while for others it doesn't work at all. Just as there are no medical effects from placebos there are no 'known' (proven*) effects from praying.

DeletedUser23252

Working as Traveling Merchant for 7 hours and the only drop was Gentlemens Diner. Prayed for 15 minutes and the next two hours fancy cartridge belt and Indian feather hat. I can't 100% say this was because of praying because something was due to drop. This 9 hours was over a two day period.

DeletedUser19518

Praying is like real life. Make you believe that something good is gonna happened after that. Or you will be more lucky or you will win in a duel or.. or.. Praying is just hope. Hope its not a strategy. V $1 ;)

DeletedUser20647

Praying is like real life. Make you believe that something good is gonna happened after that. Or you will be more lucky or you will win in a duel or.. or.. Praying is just hope. Hope its not a strategy. V $1 ;)

When it works, you say it was your strategy. When it doesn't work, you say you were just messing around.

DeletedUser26820

There's only one way to test this in a RL application:

Don't pray, step in front of a bus and get run over. Quantify your bodily damage if still alive.
Then, reverse or teleport back in time, and then....
Pray, step in front of the same exact bus at the same exact time as you previously did, and see if the outcome was any better.

That's why there cannot be a quantified, logical conclusion that praying does anything positive.

PS: I'm not advocating stepping out in front of buses, but if you know how to reverse and/or teleport back in time, hook me up.

DeletedUser35120

If you pray and pray well enough to please the Inno Gods, The Almighty Brown Tie will appear in front of you. You will be overwhelmed by its aura.