Praying

• Thread starter DeletedUser15641
  • Start date

DeletedUser33353

LOL, I would if I could deiben ;)
Praying has always mystified me in this game.
I am doing an experiment in building atm(I know, it has been done countless times in the past), but.....I wanted to check it out myself.
But I digress.....200 chests? Keep an eye on your inventory ;)

DeletedUser

In a way it's like in real-life. Is there definitely a God or not? Does praying WORK or not? We will never know the actual truth. Some people will always say yes, some people will always say no. The difference being in my comparison is - of course - that in the game, the dev's know the answer. With the RL comparison, maybe God is looking down and saying, "Those humans. They STILL haven't come down one way or the other." or maybe that's just the 'greys' in the ships watching us. :D

Deleted User - 3853873

I know praying i think it was 15 times at a church on christmas day got me my christmas sled this year,so it does do some good lol

asdf124

Praying must have a piety meter, go under it, you'll have pretty bad aim in ff's and other bad things.

DeletedUser22685

Are you serious? If we have to resurrect this thread yet again, at least don't do it with a carbon copy of a theory that's been tossed around dozens of times since 2009 and never been proven or even shown a single shred of credibility.

asdf124

Are you serious? If we have to resurrect this thread yet again, at least don't do it with a carbon copy of a theory that's been tossed around dozens of times since 2009 and never been proven or even shown a single shred of credibility.

well, having over 100 chances to hit in a fort fight is weird to miss almost half your shots, when I prayed, it skyrocketed the number of hits.

I will not believe it does nothing, if you think that your performance in ff's is being poor, pray and than join an ff. You will be amazed.

DeletedUser

well, having over 100 chances to hit in a fort fight is weird to miss almost half your shots, when I prayed, it skyrocketed the number of hits.
Sorry bud. Coincidence. I usually miss about 75% of my hits when I do a Fort Fight. Yet in my last one, I hit about 95% of the hits and I didn't pray once.

DeletedUser22685

I will not believe it does nothing, if you think that your performance in ff's is being poor, pray and than join an ff. You will be amazed.

Like Big John said, that's a complete coincidence. I don't believe that it does nothing either, since we've been explicitly told otherwise. All the same, if you find yourself praying before each fort fight and expecting to perform well every time, you'll be extremely disappointed and likely swear off praying again.

Whatever effect praying has, chances are it's so minuscule as to be laughable if we're ever actually told what it is.

DeletedUser26820

Simply put:

Pray and open a chest. See what you get.

Don't pray and open that same exact chest at the same exact time as when you opened the chest without praying and see what you get.

Compare the two.

Can't be done, so there's no quantitative way, in this regards, to discern a benefit from praying.

The reason I reference the "same time a chest is opened" is only because if I was writing code for this game, for each specific world, the next chest opened would get item "a", the next same one after that would get item "b", the next after that item "c", and so on. That way, all I have to do is keep populating the list of what's provided next for the next chest. Maybe that's the way it's done. Maybe not.

Sorry, futu, as I agree. We're rehashing conversations that are years old with no way to substantiate any benefit other than a handful of achievements.

DeletedUser35120

I actually tried that a few months back. It turned out be a very poor performance I had in a while for me in that FF. Yea, for sure I'm amazed though.

DeletedUser36559

I have tried and tested this theory ages ago when I did 30 straight FF's with praying beforehand and overall my damage and dodging were significantly worse after praying than no praying at all.

DeletedUser

The gods of The West read these posts and giggle to themselves thinking, 'They'll never get it!" :D

asdf124

I have tried and tested this theory ages ago when I did 30 straight FF's with praying beforehand and overall my damage and dodging were significantly worse after praying than no praying at all.

According to inno's latest video where someone said that it doesn't have any negative effect is wrong, so, is once a week the best approach, daily, 1-5 times per week, or even once in a month.

I still believe such piety meter existing......

DeletedUser26820

According to inno's latest video where someone said that it doesn't have any negative effect is wrong, so, is once a week the best approach, daily, 1-5 times per week, or even once in a month.

I still believe such piety meter existing......

I'm trying to let this sink in...

Yes, the best investment of your toon's time is in praying in a church.
Don't do any jobs, quests, attending a FF or dueling. These could have negative effects.
Whereby, praying, it has no negative effect. Once a week is good but twice a week is better. Daily is great. 1-5 times per day is even better if praying is your game.

Let's all whip out some piety meter existing benefits.

Someone slap me....

DeletedUser22685

Actually, it's been mentioned by official sources in the past that praying too much does have a negative effect. What that effect is, we can't say, no more than we can say for sure what its positive effects may be.