Praying

• Thread starter DeletedUser15641
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Yes, and its pointless and stupid. I don't play THE WEST for "mystery". Its a western themed game not a mystery themed game. If I want mystery I find another game for that.

Real people in the Old West didn't know what definite effects praying had either. Some believed in it and did it regularly, some believed it was a waste of time and never did it. The believers thought it did something but had no way for sure to know it did.

DeletedUser

Real people in the Old West didn't know what definite effects praying had either. Some believed in it and did it regularly, some believed it was a waste of time and never did it. The believers thought it did something but had no way for sure to know it did.
I disagree with you, the believers had a way to know praying was for real.

DeletedUser31397

The West is far away from imitation of RL in Wild west.

DeletedUser

I disagree with you, the believers had a way to know praying was for real.

Yes, just like David Berkowitz knew that his neighbor's dog was talking to him. Praying and then having someone recover from an illness, having it rain, or finding your TV remote doesn't prove a causal relationship.

But you completely missed my point. The non-believers don't believe it does anything. The believers believe it does and believe it worked.

The West is far away from imitation of RL in Wild west.

You seem to think imitations have to be accurate. It's 100% an imitation of the real Old West, as are the Western genre films, TV shows, and books that the game really imitates. Accuracy and imitation are not antonyms.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, just like David Berkowitz knew that his neighbor's dog was talking to him. Praying and then having someone recover from an illness, having it rain, or finding your TV remote doesn't prove a causal relationship.

But you completely missed my point. The non-believers don't believe it does anything. The believers believe it does and believe it worked.

You seem to think imitations have to be accurate. It's 100% an imitation of the real Old West, as are the Western genre films, TV shows, and books that the game really imitates. Accuracy and imitation are not antonyms.
It isn't just praying that something will happen and then it does, it is a 2 way relationship that proves to me it is not bulogna. However only a Christian will understand this. That is what makes it difficult to prove to other people.

DeletedUser15641

Eh it has a very good positive effect but i am not gonna unlock its secret to the public!

DeletedUser31397

Eh yes, my mistake. It isn't far away from imitation of life in Wild west. There are just some things that are unrealistic and annoying. (For example: camel :hmf:)

DeletedUser2708

Eh it has a very good positive effect but i am not gonna unlock its secret to the public!

Then you probably should have just kept your mouth shut about it. Any idiot can claim to have solved a mystery if he doesn't have to back it up with proof.

Just saying.

DeletedUser

Then you probably should have just kept your mouth shut about it. Any idiot can claim to have solved a mystery if he doesn't have to back it up with proof.

Just saying.

His proof will be like others before, 3-4 reports. Nothing concrete.

DeletedUser

If he has unlocked this great secret, why would he keep it to himself? he would have so much quote fame to share it and be the christopher columbus instead of the leif erikson.

DeletedUser31397

Meh he has a few posts saying that he got good items in the boxes after praying, that's it.

DeletedUser21689

W11 Cheyenne town is at level 61 +7 prayer. We provide all kinds of hymns and hers services to the community. Pop in and ask for father Olchain.
I pray everyday with no discernable difference to drops or luck but with +7 bonus its worth the 15 mins.

DeletedUser

My town's founder told me to pray before I do construction, I don't know if he allows me to spread it.

DeletedUser15641

His proof will be like others before, 3-4 reports. Nothing concrete.

I got all the proof but keeping it to myself equals a great responsibility of this great power!:D

Give me red or green it does not actually matter.Haters gotta hate!

DeletedUser15641

Sorry no can do!Its a lot of power so it comes with great responsibility i got the responsibility to know why it needs to be kept as a secret!

DeletedUser15641

Your welcome lol.Well i guess i could double check my theory with the developer who made it!:up: