Praying

• Thread starter DeletedUser15641
  • Start date

DeletedUser22685

I fail to see how duellers or fort fighters saying "builders are stupid, ranking means nothing now" is any worse than builders saying "forts are stupid, ranking means nothing now". Now there's another element added to building up your town, of course a town of pure workers will not have a great deal of fort points or duel points and a town of fort fighters or duellers won't have an overly large amount of town points. The key is finding a balance between the three and if a town can do that then they deserve to be on top. I think it's a good addition to the rankings.

DeletedUser15641

I think you all are off-topic...This thread is named praying which means what it does not where it comes from....

DeletedUser22685

If you insist. Praying does nothing that has not already been discussed dozens of times in the past by hundreds of different players who still couldn't manage to find what it does, there are many theories, most of which have long been abandoned, and it's safe to conclude that its bonus is highly insignificant if it has not been discovered by now, so although 99% of the player base no longer care what praying does nor remember that exists, if you really want to find out what it's about then be my guest and keep testing as you'll pretty much be able to convince yourself of the existence of any theory you choose to believe in.

Is that better?

DeletedUser15641

Well i think it does a morality bonus>Morality bonus helps the player improve in ff and luck in work.

DeletedUser15641

Well if that does not explain me non-premium crit duelist guy which i am off the chart criting your players in w1!So what would you say about that?Do you have any other explanation?

DeletedUser22685

Sure I have an explanation, it's called luck.

I don't even know what you're classing as "off the chart critting", but I'm sure it was nothing above the ordinary. Praying can not affect class fort bonuses because there's no way it can improve the soldier and worker fort bonuses without visually changing the numbers.

DeletedUser15641

Nope in w9 i had been lousy because i did not "Pray" a bit so then i prayed once and i did great in a battle.

DeletedUser

Correlation does not imply direct causation. If there were an experiment conducted that tested every aspect of the game and had tens of thousands of data points, as well as a control group, then it might be safe to say that praying has a certain effect. However, until that occurs, nothing is conclusive.

delldell56

Sure I have an explanation, it's called luck.

with some players, and i would almost bet this is one of those cases, it's also called SKILLS. praying has nothing to do and would not help a noob become a star, even if the noob achieves bishop status and the critter has never visited the church.

DeletedUser

I did 10 hours of work at 100% motivation. Then I did an identical 10 hours after praying before each shift. The value of my finds was slightly lower in the 10 prayed-for hours. I lost interest after that.

DeletedUser

praying gave you a negative effect?? maybe i should start praying ... all i ever get is blue fur pants and bill hickok belt ... seriously - even my travelling merchant is fed up, instead of his creepy evil santa smile he just gives me a 'not you again, with your blue pants and hickok belts' look ... i think he might be ready to end out trade agreement soon if i dont sell him something different - he's looking more and more angry every time.

DeletedUser

praying gave you a negative effect??

It's a theory (I may have suggested it first, I don't know), but it's no more proven than anything else. I made the leap from the old "it's not useful to pray constantly" in the old help pages for The West.

If we're jumping to conclusions from limited data, I prayed once before a battle on w1 and had about my worst battle ever. It was something like 2-20.

DeletedUser

It means do not pray continously....

Yes, I speak English, I know what the word means, there's more than one way to interpret that. Every day? Every job? More than once in a row? More than three times? More than five times? Nothing but praying (obviously it won't help you if it's all you do)?

DeletedUser22493

Decided to bump this again..

Did anyone considerate that the church might provide the bonus only WHEN praying, and not after?

Like a defense bonus when being dueled? I mean, if your praying while getting dueled?

DeletedUser

Decided to bump this again..

Did anyone considerate that the church might provide the bonus only WHEN praying, and not after?

Like a defense bonus when being dueled? I mean, if your praying while getting dueled?

Yes, and the secondary purpose of the sleepyhead set (and its pillow) is dueling.

DeletedUser22493

Makes sense.. Same goes with Collectors set.

I suppose with the +10 praying bonus, it will be easier to do some tests.

DeletedUser

I don't think the bonus is static, so testing may not prove anything.