prayer

DeletedUser

I have a lvl 53 pure hider who has maybe prayed 5 times, and has not prayed in the past couple months.

I have found 4 walking sticks , 4 drake's muzzle loaders , huck's sling , cody's dagger , etc...

I personally don't believe it helps with finding items , but I do believe it does something , as it has been stated.

Anyway , I don't care enough to investigate.... that's what all you people obsessed with this question are for :)

DeletedUser

I pray in the west when I'm thinking who will I duel next, then atleast my char does something until I finish analyzing the facts

DeletedUser

So they say it does do something, but cant say what.

Does that not sound familiar?

Perhaps it does do something, but i believe they are simpy fueling the fire of curiosity.

It keeps people guessing, hoping, believing, trying, analyzing etc.

It helps to keep people plying the game.

I consider it the same as in real life. It gives solice to those who believe.

DeletedUser

So they say it does do something, but cant say what.

Does that not sound familiar?

Perhaps it does do something, but i believe they are simpy fueling the fire of curiosity.

It keeps people guessing, hoping, believing, trying, analyzing etc.

It helps to keep people plying the game.

I consider it the same as in real life. It gives solice to those who believe.

yeah
but I imagine in the "end" of the-west when the devs show up and say "praying doesnt affect NOTHING" and then everybody almost suicides thinking of how many hours they spent with nothing

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
yeah
but I imagine in the "end" of the-west when the devs show up and say "praying doesnt affect NOTHING" and then everybody almost suicides thinking of how many hours they spent with nothing

Actually in the event of an apocalypse, the highscores will change from exp to prayer rating.
Those who are in the top 500 will be "saved" and given purpose; to serve the devs for eternity.
The other accounts will be deleted, the devs liked them too, though.

DeletedUser

Actually in the event of an apocalypse, the highscores will change from exp to prayer rating.
Those who are in the top 500 will be "saved" and given purpose; to serve the devs for eternity.
The other accounts will be deleted, the devs liked them too, though.

now I changed my mind

. ......................................./\ THAT was deep
. ...................................... ||

DeletedUser21513

well, i am praying every day, wearing full pilgrim's (no horse, neither weapon), and coicidence or not iam doing well in finding items and earning money, even had once 4 items by mining silver

DeletedUser

well, i am praying every day, wearing full pilgrim's (no horse, neither weapon), and coicidence or not iam doing well in finding items and earning money, even had once 4 items by mining silver

We just don't know if it is because of praying

As Elmyr says "Post hoc ergo propter hoc": after praying it happened, because of praying. You can't prove it was just because of praying

DeletedUser

I know this is just pure luck, but I had been trying to get leather and had tanned those bloody Deers 4 times (all 24 hours apart to ensure 100% motivation and 2 hours each time) and got no leather. I went and prayed for 15 minutes and then went tanning Deers (result was 2 Leather and a quest completed).

Neil

DeletedUser

I have the complete sleepyhead set on the French World 1.

I will begin testes and see if it really changes something ^^

DeletedUser

I know this is just pure luck, but I had been trying to get leather and had tanned those bloody Deers 4 times (all 24 hours apart to ensure 100% motivation and 2 hours each time) and got no leather. I went and prayed for 15 minutes and then went tanning Deers (result was 2 Leather and a quest completed).

Neil
Pure coincidence I would say. I don't believe praying helps with finding items and products. I prayed a few times and never won a duel miraculously or found an item after praying. This coincidence never even happened to me.
Even tried praying with 2 items of the sleepyhead set or without hat and weapon, that is all BS.

DeletedUser

fwiw i have a theory that praying slightly increases ones chance of experiencing either good or bad fortune for a few hours after the event

.. i offer no evidence whatsoever for this theory. :)

DeletedUser

fwiw i have a theory that praying slightly increases ones chance of experiencing either good or bad fortune for a few hours after the event

.. i offer no evidence whatsoever for this theory. :)

Thank you! An intelligent prayer theory.

Everyone else needs to stop and think for a minute about their idiotic theories. So many people seem to think prayer is ten times as effective as premium.

THINK!!!!

Why would they give you this free magical method of improving every single aspect of the game when premium is a major source of income for the company. Prayer might give you a nice little bonus now and then, but if you think it's anywhere close as effective as premium, you are deluding yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Prayer might give you a nice little bonus now and then
For me, not even that much. It NEVER helped with anything and anyhow. That is all coincidence, whenever it happened to anyone. I am level 93 and no matter when, how much and in what outfit I prayed, no coincidence happened. I never got any item after praying, or I would have explored it more.

DeletedUser20647

I think prayer increases the chance to find an item by 70% to 90%, somewhere in that range.
I can back it up with this:

I did 2x 2 hour tending pigs and got nothing, then I did some praying for 30 minutes or so, and I got 2 items after doing tending pigs for another 2x 2 hours.

What do you think? :D

I also think that if you pray after building a shop, it might chance the items, but I could have looked in some other town's shops and I might be wrong on this. Can someone confirm this? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think prayer increases the chance to find an item by 70% to 90%, somewhere in that range.
I can back it up with this:

I did 2x 2 hour tending pigs and got nothing, then I did some praying for 30 minutes or so, and I got 2 items after doing tending pigs for another 2x 2 hours.

What do you think? :D

I also think that if you pray after building a shop, it might chance the items, but I could have looked in some other town's shops and I might be wrong on this. Can someone confirm this? :D

ha ha
I think praying is just to add assignemts