Prawn Hunters.

DeletedUser

MNU MESSAGE RECIEVED.

DETAILS INCOMING...

Greetings, fellow employee.

It is 2013, and the fiscal year has brought in low returns and few nations are in need of our weapon manufacture at the moment. With the destruction of District 9 claimed to be accomplished, District 10 is a slight sucess, however, recent traces and evidence suggest that some aliens have managed to stray away from the confounds of the perimeters and into the wilderness, and urban ghettos across south africa. Within the past months, national media reports have inflicted a disasterous review of MNU, thus new leadership has been advised... You, are a possible candidate. MNU has been suffering political fallout ever since the Wilkus Van De Merwe incident and the exposing of the Genetic research that takes place at MNU. These escaped prawns are not only a danger to MNU's credibility, but also society, as they are unpredictable and possibly the greatest threat to mankind since the development of the Nuclear warhead.

I have provided a map of the South African provinces and the likelyhood of Prawn encounters during your journey. If there are any questions then please contact me via mail or your local MNU spokesperson or commanding officer.

763px-Map_of_South_Africa_with_English_labels.svg.png

Here is some information on the nine providences, listed via population in order, and the reports of localized Prawn Status in the area:

Gauteng- The area including Johannesberg, District 9 and 10, Gauteng is the most heavilly populated area of S.A. at date, and only rivaled in numbers by Kwazulu-Natal. It is also the most controlled area of which Prawn are in, therefore, unless your hunting draws you there to conduct an investigation to the whereabouts of other prawns, there is no need to start a firefight in the region. Gauteng is also the base of MNU, so you will start here on your journey.

Kwazulu-Natal- The second most populous region of S.A. is Kwazulu-Natal. It is also the most HIV prevelant area in South Africa, with 40% or more of the population proven to be infected with the AIDS virus. The population is large and often untrusting of MNU mercenaries, or other armed soldiers of any kind in that respect. If you plan to hunt prawn in Kwazulu-Natal, you would have better luck going in with low-profile wears, meaning you would have a harder time if outnumbered by Prawn. The locals are also fans, per say, of the prawn, as many emotional and physical ventures with prawn have been reported here, so the residents have taken well to their being.

Eastern Cape- strongly Populated on the eastern side, wilderness with pockets of human population on the west, and south of Free State, Eastern Cape is a well balanced hunting ground. Prawn may have ventured here for many reasons, possibly for the foods and commodities avalible here, but you are to use a low profile when in the eastern side of the Providence because Locals have been known to shelter Prawn.

Western Cape- Being within range of Free State means that it is a possibility that Western Cape may have large numbers of Prawn in the northeastern wilderness. There are also numerous Drug cartels in the area, and typical precautions are required if you plan to venture here.

Limpopo- A slightly-well-populated wilderness is that of Limpopo, but have caution as there are bound to be Prawn in the area. Limpopo is directly northeast of Gauteng and Prawn will have possibly ventured beyond the boarders into a hiding area there. The Fauna are capable of nourishing them for quite some time, and Drug Cartels are always in and out of the area.

Mpumalanga- Directly east of Gauteng, Mpumalanga is possibly one of the more populous Prawn retreats. Though population density may be a barring agent, Prawn may have made allies of some locals, and could be hiding out in the area. A low Profile is advised if you plan to investigate and hunt in this populous region.

North West- North West is directly west of Gauteng, and therefore you must expect that the Prawn will be here as well. There is a possibility that locals will be sheltering Prawn, but it is more likely that the Prawn have ventured into the wilderness of the West that is in the Province.

Free State- Free State will be a challenge. Not only is it the capitol Providence of South Africa, but the highest number of Escaped Prawn have located themselves here, as Gauteng is just to the northwest. It is also rich with wild areas for Prawn to hide and prey upon local fauna, there are large amounts of game to sustain escaped colonies of Prawn for years if they can hide long enough.

Northern Cape- The largest and lowest population-dense wise province of S.A. and probably the most dangerous area for your hunt, the Northern Cape will have only the most barbaric of Prawn escapees, as only they would have been able to venture so far, and enough rural areas that you may encounter poachers, drug cartels, and other mercenary groups tasked with unknown objectives in the savanna. Take full precautions if you plan to head out into the Northern Cape wilderness, extra firepower is a must.

The countries Landlocked Inside of S.A. are also hunting grounds, but due to policy and trade disputes, these landlocked countries, Lesotho and Swaziland, have barred MNU operations from the area. If you plan to venture into these areas, then please be aware, MNU will not cover any costs or soldiers for you and it will be your own personal venture into these areas with your own men. Limited information can be provided, as MNU does not endorse intrusion into these countries.

Lesotho- Being next to Gauteng, Prawn may or may not have entered Lesotho. Travel is not endorsed by MNU, therefore travel is not advised and not covered by MNU.
Lesotho.geohive.gif

Swaziland-Swaziland is a low-risk area where there are doubts that Prawn have ventured into the area. Travel is not endorsed by MNU.
Wz-map.gif

Now, my fellow employee, this is where you come in. You are hereby being placed incharge of one of MNU's soldier teams, and you are allowed to arm your squad of 3 to 30 with any S.A. produced weapon of your choosing, and up to 5 vehicles. Keep in mind, however, that MNU is a FOR-PROFIT orginization, and with the economic turmoil that has errupted three years ago today, you are required to pay for your team past the 8,000,000 Rand limitation.

Here, are the vehicles, weapons, and prices avalible to you for MNU verified purchase. Good hunting.

Vehicles

MNU Hilux, 4x4 wheeled Off Road Vehicle, crew of 5.
Price: R 700,000

MNU Casspir, 4x4 wheeled APC, first version introduced in 1980's.
Price: R 1,500,000

MNU Mamba, 4x4 wheeled APC, crew of 12.
Price: R 1,400,000

MNU RG-33, 4x4 or 6x6 wheeled APC.
Price: R 1,820,000

MNU Rooikat, 8 wheeled AFV armed with a 76 mm gun (In service with the SA Army) a version with a 105 mm gun is also available.
76 mm price: R 2,700,000
105 mm price: R 3,400,000

Firearms for more information on a select few click here. Note, currency on the selected site are in USD. MNU operates using Rand funds.

MNU Armscor BXP 9mm
Price: R 6,000

MNU Armsel Striker .12 Gauge
Price: R 7,000

MNU Vektor CR-21 5.56
Price: R 5,000

MNU Vektor R-4 5.56
Price: R 7,000

MNU Vektor R-5 5.56
Price: R 4,000

MNU Vektor SS77 7.62
Price: R 15,000

MNU Vektor Mini-SS 5.56
Price: R 12,000

MNU Vektor SP1 9mm
Price: R 2,500

MNU Denel NTW-20 20mm
Price: R 20,000

MNU Vektor SP2 .40SW
Price: R 3,000

MNU Musgrave Pump Action .12 gauge
Price: R 3,000

MNU Truvelo Raptor 5.56
Price: R 9,500

MNU Truvelo Raptor 7.62(x39)
Price: R 11,000

Character
Name: Your character's name.
Relevancies: your age, gender, qualifications, ect.
Description: Your physical looks and description
Terms of Service: What your personal experiences are, your abilities, and your history with MNU, and of course your personal opinion on the Prawns, personal opinions have no negative impact on the characterization of MNU employees because MNU has been holding an open-doors policy on personal opinion since the WVDM incident.
Personality: Name a few traits about your self. Are you aggessive? Pessimistic? Oppertunistic? A realist? Friendly?
Bio: Keep it simple, 30-100 words should suffice.
Other Information: Your selected free firearms set from MNU. Any three weapons of your choosing, one Primary and two secondaries. Your choices will not impact your credit ratio at all, as these three weapons are our gift to you. (Anything else isOptional)

Regiment
Title: You are being allocated soldiers of your choice, please make good use of them.
Soldiers: What are your soldiers and what are they going to be armed with? Give us some information on your men, remember the 30 man limit, remember their armaments, and you certainly don't want to go Prawn hunting alone because that would be a very dangerous thing to do.

Vehicles: Vehicles are an important part of any assault team, hunting or now. However, you are being limited by your credits purchase-range, therefore, you may want to buy the best for your men while thinking about guns and transport capacity beforehand.
Other Information: (Optional)

Rules
As usual, no godplay.
Keep your characters and divisions realistic (you don't need as much detail as I have, but it's a nice bonus).
All that other crap KiTH usually mentions
And most importantly, try to vary your men.
Again, ask me anything about anything concerning this game if you need to know.
Oh, and thanks to KiTH for the format and layout ideas for this Role Play.
By the way, all players start with R 500,000 in their personal bank accounts. Good luck, prawns will fight back.

We wish your luck on your hunt, here at MNU we only want the best for our employees and the company.

Note: For every Prawn you verify, you will be given an R 50,000 balance addition.
Sales Rep, Johanna Casey --MNU-

P.S. Soldiers killed will need family compensation and hired replacements. A grand total of R 150,000 per loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Character
Name: Emmanuel Vice

Relevancies: 37, Male, Special Tactics and Reconnaissance, Heavy weapons certified, Marksman
Description: Germanic looks, comes from ancestery. Brown hair, blue eyes, tall 6'1, 245 pounds strong build.
Terms of Service: Survived an encounted three years ago when dealing with Prawn, can plant a head shot in a prawn from fifty yards away with any good assault rifle, served as a mercenary for MNU since 1992, In my opinion, Prawns should all be taken underground and researched before being let anywhere near civilians. They are dangerous and god knows what kinds of diseases they have.
Personality: I am a Realist, I see what is in things, if a situation is impossible I am the first to know, but if there is a chance of sucess I am the hardest to try. I don't need to get killed on the field so I always take precautions as I have a wife and son at home. I am a no-bull individual, and I am known to be ruthless when it comes to Prawns, if they are violent then they go down, if not, then they will be kept alive, they are smart enough to earn a little respect, anyways.
Bio: Served with MNU for more than 18 years. Managed to survive a Prawn ambush in the heart of district 9 three years ago, my whole unit was wiped out and I kept my SS77 fed just enough to take down enough of the armed prawn around the landing zone to make it out alive.
Other Information: I've though long about this, but I've decided to go with a Truvelo Raptor in 7.62x39, and two SP2's. Hopefully I won't have to use those two SP2's that often.
Regiment
Title: Falcon Team

Soldiers:
1. Darius Van Staden, Truvelo Raptor 7.62(x39), Vektor SP2
2. Dominick Dixon, Vektor SS77 7.62, Vektor SP2
3. Hendrick Schulz, Vektor Mini-SS 5.56, Vektor SP2
4. Abrahem Mayne, Truvelo Raptor 5.56, Vektor SP2
5. Hendrick Valentin, Truvelo Raptor 5.56, Vektor SP2
6. Fenyang Tholet, Armscor BXP, Vektor SP2
7. Mosola Mayne, Armscor BXP, Vektor SP2
8. Letsego Wyatt, Armsel Striker, Vektor SP2
9. Daniel Wade, Denel NTW-20, Vektor SP2
10. Naresh Vause, Vektor CR-21, Vektor SP2
11. Daniel Winnaar, Vektor CR-21, Vektor SP2
12. Stan Mccoy Vektor CR-21, Vektor SP2
13. Kevin Mccrae Vektor CR-21, Vektor SP2
14. Daniel Yates Armsel Striker, Vektor SP2

Total: R 162,000

Vehicles:
1. Casspir R 1,500,000
2. Casspir R 1,500,000
3. Casspir R 1,500,000
4. Hilux R 700,000
5. Rooikat 75mm R 2,700,000
Total: R 7,900,000

Other Information: Grand total for purchase is R 8,062,000.
Looks like my bank account is down to 438,000. Hopefully we kill more Prawns than our own men...

DeletedUser

Character
Name: Jean Lafitte

Relevancies:Male, 39, professional big game hunter guide, ex-French Foreign Legion Marksmen, veteran of various Legion interventions
Description: 5' 4",French appearence, curled mustache, black hair, hazel eyes, 130 pounds, average build
Terms of Service: After serving in the legion, became a guide,in Limpopo 4 years ago. He encountered a prawn during a hunting expedition which attacked, it killed his employers then turned on him. He managed to kill it and found out there was a bounty for runaway prawns, after that he became an MNU mercanery. He joined MNU in 2010. He believes prawns are savage beasts that should be aggressively researched and then disposed of after use.
Personality: Optimistic at all times even in the worst of situations he is very patient which is what makes him a good hunter.

Bio: Served MNU for 3 years. Originally came to South Africa for a trip and enjoyed the landscape and became a big game guide. After the Prawn assault he learned about the opportunity of becoming an MNU mercanery after that he has had a fairly good prawn hunting record, typically he hunts in Limpopo with 30 men, ususally bringing only 10 on most hunts, he cycles men and only uses all 30 during large hunting drives.
Other Information: I prefer the rather robust and likeable Vektor R-4 with bipod, Armsel Striker 12 Gauge is my choice for dealing with prey that gets too close, I prefer traveling light considering the weigh that already adds so I don't need a third fireearm.
Regiment
Title: Impi Regiment
Soldiers:

1-10 Group A (Marksmen) Truvelo Raptor 5.56 11-20 Group B (Close Range Kill) Musgrave Pump Action 12 Gauge Group C (Support Operations) 2-Denel NTW-20 20mm, all have Vektor Mini-SS 5.56, Armscor BXP 9mm is standard sidearm for Groups A and B
Vehicles:Rooikat 105mm, RG-33 6x6 (2 of them),and Hilux 4x4
Other Information: Grand Total R 8,075,000
So I have R 425,000. The unit cycles men in shifts with a combination of groups A,B, and C working on a hunter group. Typical unit is 10 men with 2-3 Group C support people. Support would for example be good negotiators, translaters, and professional con men (They work magic on security guards and border patrol). Typically one RG-33 is brought with a Hilux 4x4 to accompany it, heavier ops may include the other RG-33, and if needed the Rooikat.

DeletedUser13682

Character
Name: Johannes Kramer

Relevancies: 38, male, extensive training since the last days of Apartheid.
Description: 5' 6", buzz cut black hair, pale blue eyes,
Terms of Service: Worked with MNU since the end of Apartheid, after trained soldiers weren't needed. Believes prawn will take over the government of South Africa if not stopped. Has learned to trust the African majority, and now works with them. History includes involvement in moving prawn from District 9 to District 10, worked for a bit in the 1st Reaction Force Battalion during the move as one of the Colonel's lieutenants. Later moved after the death of Colonel Venter.
Personality: Slightly paranoid about the prawn, after brief training from the late Apartheid government. Many lessons previously applied to the African majority are now applied to the prawn. Though paranoid, he keeps a cool and level head, and inspires confidence into his men, even during the attack on MNU HQ.
Bio: Raised in Apartheid South Africa, and later raised in prawn infested South Africa, all his life, Johannes has been fighting foreign threats to his governemnt, whether real or percieved.

Other Information: Main weapon: Vektor SS77. Primary sidearm: Vektor SP2. Secondary sidearm: Iklwa fighting short spear, South African weapon since early 1800s
Regiment
Title: 1st Hunters' Regiment

Soldiers: 2 platoons, 15 men each, divided into three, 5 man squads. All squads have 3 men armed with the Vektor R-5, 1 man with the Musgrave Pump Action .12 gauge, and one man with the Vektor Mini-SS. All men have the Vektor SP2 as a sidearm. Total weapon cost, R237,000.
Vehicles: 3 Casspir and 1 Rooikat armed with 76 mm gun. Total cost of vehicles R7,200,000.
Other Information: Total loadout cost: R7,437,000. Request to put the remaining R563,000 into bank account for future use. Beginning hunting zone is Free State. Usual operations are in Regiment formation. Platoons formations are also common. Squads may work independently if necessary, and individual soldiers are also able to work seperate of the regiment, but only if absolutely necessary.

DeletedUser

(I suppose, of course you could just have a little outfit that was under the 8 million R limit...)