Potion of Placation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser19965

Maybe it is just me but when you are able to use real money to get an edge over another player I would call it a premium. I have no problem with leaving the new store in place "as long as you are willing to take off being able to use nugget to buy them". Don't get me wrong I like the new store and the UP money it gives everyone a chance to save up and get some nice stuff.
I also understand way the nuggets are there and I do play on the premium worlds but I really don't think it is to much to ask to have one world for us old school die hards:D. "Come on man throw these old dogs a bone."

DeletedUser

Da Twista, if you really wanted to keep world 1 classic, you wouldn't have introduced the UPS there... ;) or at least you wouldn't allow nuggets to buy items in world 1.

DeletedUser563

I personally find the items useful. To broker deals , make fort battles in time, recover your Hp in time. I also agree with Da twista that this is a question of perspective. Placate Shaman is a reasonable cheap option what is it 25 nuggets your topmost potion sells for 1000 nuggets. Ok but this is more like reset skills in beta and not really the same as placate shaman. Your AP and SP points still cost as much as before you use the potion.

But by price comparison 1000 nuggets is a lot so this will be used sparingly. You wont have a player pure ff in the evening, pure dueler in the morning. A player might buy 2 to respec and to respec back most of the time. This limits frivolous use. In beta I would determine a person skills then respec to duel him and then respec to a different build.

So the proposed potion of placation. It can be introduced all over. In other worlds players just wont buy it and it wont be used often limiting its effect. So I for one is for it.

DeletedUser8627

Da Twista, if you really wanted to keep world 1 classic, you wouldn't have introduced the UPS there... ;) or at least you wouldn't allow nuggets to buy items in world 1.

You're missing the point. The UPS is a new feature, and as with all features they are introduced into world 1 along with all the other worlds.

Now that world 1 players are able to purchase certain items that replicate premium features, it's still not premium features.

There was recently a poll about adding the placate shaman option into world 1, this will not be possible without converting the world to the enhanced premium system, which will not happen. So to kill two birds with one stone, having the shop there using nuggets or bonds a player can still reset their AP/SP without having to wait years before the prices move back down to $50/$250. Not to mention for a player to gain 1000 bonds is also a tedious task and very time consuming.

Myself and co have already spoken to the head CM about this very issue, same concerns about this appeared on the .de forums and the option to use nuggets to purchase these items will not be removed, well not anytime soon as I understand it. I do agree that this borders the 'classic world' scenario we wish to keep but we did also consider world 1 players not having certain premium options.

Maybe it is just me but when you are able to use real money to get an edge over another player I would call it a premium. I have no problem with leaving the new store in place "as long as you are willing to take off being able to use nugget to buy them". Don't get me wrong I like the new store and the UP money it gives everyone a chance to save up and get some nice stuff.
I also understand way the nuggets are there and I do play on the premium worlds but I really don't think it is to much to ask to have one world for us old school die hards:D. "Come on man throw these old dogs a bone."

The shop was developed as a separate entity in the game and not developed in with the premium systems we now have available. For this reason alone, it's not possible to remove the option to purchase with nuggets on the fly without any development time being involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19965

The shop was developed as a separate entity in the game and not developed in with the premium systems we now have available. For this reason alone, it's not possible to remove the option to purchase with nuggets on the fly without any development time being involved.
I understand it will not happen over night and I would like to thank you and everyone else involved in keeping an open mind and hearing our thoughts on this.;)

The Iceman

You're missing the point. The UPS is a new feature, and as with all features they are introduced into world 1 along with all the other worlds.

Now that world 1 players are able to purchase certain items that replicate premium features, it's still not premium features.

There was recently a poll about adding the placate shaman option into world 1, this will not be possible without converting the world to the enhanced premium system, which will not happen. So to kill two birds with one stone, having the shop there using nuggets or bonds a player can still reset their AP/SP without having to wait years before the prices move back down to $50/$250. Not to mention for a player to gain 1000 bonds is also a tedious task and very time consuming.

Myself and co have already spoken to the head CM about this very issue, same concerns about this appeared on the .de forums and the option to use nuggets to purchase these items will not be removed, well not anytime soon as I understand it. I do agree that this borders the 'classic world' scenario we wish to keep but we did also consider world 1 players not having certain premium options.

Am I missing something here
If you can add a Potion to reset Attributes and Skills, why can't you add a Potion to reset (Placate) the Shamun
I can't see how it could be such an issue to include it
Come on guys, it's the only thing that's been left out of the shop

DeletedUser20688

Iceman,

Da Twista is saying that to add a new Potion to the shop is not as simple as being suggested. I think he has presented a very clear, succinct,and timely response here.

I'm going to recommend that we simply stick to Da Twista's response on this matter.

DeletedUser563

yes I guess the point is that having a duplicate item to a cheaper premium feature might cause a lot of mishaps like for example in beta buying the total reset potions when you can reset for 25 nuggets.

Thats I guess the point. Well with more expensive alternatives available for my future 2 or 3 times respec. I personally will leave it at that.

The Iceman

Iceman,

Da Twista is saying that to add a new Potion to the shop is not as simple as being suggested. I think he has presented a very clear, succinct,and timely response here.

I'm going to recommend that we simply stick to Da Twista's response on this matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though Moderators were supposed to be impartial
At least that's the way it was, when I was a Moderator in the Beta for over a year

DeletedUser20688

What am I being impartial about?

Da Twista is one of the Community Managers (read that as "a much higher pay grade than a moderator") here on The West forum. I'm simply supporting his statements that are in fact fair and practical.

I'm not really sure what you are on about in general in this thread other than to antagonize the mods, the CMs, and the developers. It's really becoming difficult to view your posts in this thread with any other lens.

You guys wanted clarity to this issue which I thought was reasonable. I brought it to the attention of a CM who then took time to come in here and respond. His response is pretty cut and dry.

Is there anything I'm leaving out Iceman?

DeletedUser14006

I'm not really sure what you are on about in general in this thread other than to antagonize the mods, the CMs, and the developers. It's really becoming difficult to view your posts in this thread with any other lens.

I think this is a little unfair, Iceman is not trying to antagonize anyone in the slightest, he is frustrated that his idea is not getting a fair hearing.
I can understand exactly where Iceman is coming from with his suggestion, he is simply saying since the UPS shop has arrived on world one why not give us on world one a nuggets/bonds alternative to the placate shaman feature you find on other worlds as it really makes little difference now against the argument of keeping the world classic.

At the very least you could add a poll to this thread to see what other folk on the world think to the idea, if it gets shot down then so be it but it seems the decision has been made without the consideration of folk from world one, just because you say so.

Even if this idea got an 80% vote but consequently got rejected by the devs, then again so be it.

The way I believed this forum should work is that we (the players) get out heads together and mull over ideas, you (the moderators) help us along impartially and finally them (the devs) decide what gets implemented and what does not but at the moment it seems that you are making it overly difficult for our voice to be heard just because you do not think it is worthy so it is case closed, not how it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20688

Derek,

No, you are mistaken. In fact the case is the opposite. I took into consideration what was being debated and requested because it indeed is reasonable. I brought this issue to the attention of a Community Manager. I also posted a thread about this in the Moderator forum and the issue is being discussed.

So I think it's unfair to say that I'm acting with partiality. If anything, I'm actually being slightly too proactive for the people in this thread!

My perception is that since the outcome so far is not in favor of some of users advocating change, then the resultant vitriol is being focused at the moderators/CMs that are taking this issue into consideration.

Ultimately, it is the decision of the developers to modify the game. We can only advocate for you. Having a poll this way or that doesn't change that vector.

DeletedUser8627

This idea has already been denied, as I have mentioned earlier in my posts here.

World 1 will not be moved onto the enhanced premium system so that players can use the placate shaman option. It is not possible to just add one premium option to the world, if one comes so does everything else included in this enhanced premium system.

Neither will the option to purchase any items from the UPS be removed at this time. Something else I mentioned in my posting here. As I said, even if the developers do agree to do this (which I hardly doubt), it will be set on low priority. Please see below the reason why.

----

It's not like 'I don't like the idea so it will not happen'. I have approached the appropriate people with this suggestion already. This very topic appeared on the .de forums and this is the stance that was taken for the classic worlds. Something I still cannot fathom, there was a massive issue at one stage about the placate shaman option not being available, yet once there is an alternative solution, that is also a massive issue.

I realize some of you may not like or agree to this but there is nothing that can be done at this point to get it changed.

If I hear anything further about this very topic, I'll be sure to post it informing you of any change.

P.S. If you think an option to add a new potion to the store to reset the shaman prices would be good to have, please make use of the I&B section. That idea was never shot down and could potentially be a good to have. Obviously it would be a lot cheaper than the current resetting potions and a benefit for players not willing to spend x amount of nuggets or bonds on a certain item.

This thread is now closed until further notice on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.