Post-battle chat room

Beefmeister

Can we make a post-battle chat room with both defenders and attackers where all the fighters can congratulate each other after the fort fights? (or just insult each other like it is supposed to be), i think it would be interesting. Anyway that's not really a priority...i'd rather have the game fixed

*SagePangea's idea*

SB.access

Can we make a post-battle chat room with both defenders and attackers where all the fighters can congratulate each other after the fort fights? (or just insult each other like it is supposed to be), i think it would be interesting. Anyway that's not really a priority...i'd rather have the game fixed

*SagePangea's idea*
Well, don't we have saloon for that, and it's been that way for generations i think?
And maybe it's just me with a potato phone, but even the battle chat for a side caused a huge lag to the game for mobile users after the battle is over (after henry said when the chat will be closed). I don't want to imagine a separate post-battle chat, not to mention everyone would willingly go there to chat with their enemies :boone::-D

Beefmeister

it's not the same thing. it's like saying you go on general chat on call of duty warzone to say bro that was a great game imo

in the earlier times of csgo, you could talk with your enemies on voice chat, at the end of the game and when the sides were switching. they removed it eventually because it was complete chaos, but it was really funny
it's just a different social environment...it's of a different impact when both chats are merged at that exact moment. saloon fits a different purpose
you don't have to believe me, but i'm 100% sure

SB.access

it's not the same thing. it's like saying you go on general chat on call of duty warzone to say bro that was a great game imo

in the earlier times of csgo, you could talk with your enemies on voice chat, at the end of the game and when the sides were switching. they removed it eventually because it was complete chaos, but it was really funny
it's just a different social environment...it's of a different impact when both chats are merged at that exact moment. saloon fits a different purpose
you don't have to believe me, but i'm 100% sure
welp, saloon is just happen to be available for such purpose (more than it isn't).

And about the merge, you mean, the battle chat of 2 sides would be closed and a new chat with all participants will automatically pops up?
Normally after the battle, in each side's chat, people would congratulate their side's stats and thank the battle leader.
and if the only available chat is the merged one, I think it would remove that pattern, and maybe the chat would focus on something else.

And somewhat, I feel that a separate chat between sides gives us personal space, all the happiness after winning and grief after losing a battle.
both situation become one in a forced manner? idk if I would feel comfortable.

Anyway, these are just my personal opinions :-D to be honest, the merged chat would be a fun thing to have after each pvp (just like in adventures), but on fort battle with tons of people, the optional chatting in saloon is already good as is.
Cheers

Beefmeister

actually, yes, it's exactly the same thing as it is after adventures

hmm, maybe i didn't think of it from this perspective. you have some fair points. maybe it would be like an extra chat, doesn't necessarily have to be the only one. but yeah, i get what you're saying.

i just thought it was a good idea after i read it yesterday and should throw it around, see what people think. there are way more important things to consider having done about this game than my suggestion :p