RP Discussion Post Apocalyptic Role Play idea discussion

DeletedUser

Hmmm, a name you ask. . . . . Well I can't promise anything that you'll think is good but I'll list the best I can come up with!

A New Dawn
A New Golden Dawn (lmao one word change)
Fresh Start
Brand New World
The Worlds Final Chance
Future Gold Rush

. . . . . And those are all the fails I can come up with :-D

But a roleplay that already sounds excellent deserves an excellent name, so choose wisely!!

You have some great ideas as is :D

Brand New World sounds a bit like Brave New World, a book by Audulus Huxley, so I can't do that because someone might cry copyright is too close, so... Hmm...

A New Dawn, sounds good, but, Golden Dawn sounds better, but eh. Red Dawn was good too...

It's got to have maybe a defenitive article, and then a name of some sort or a posessive noun, and then Golden Rise, or Golden Reach, or something of the like. "The Last Golden Reach"

Or hell, The Golden Reach is ok, it's like a golden arm reaching out to the people and offering them a second chance at living.

DeletedUser

Working on the fauna and weapons, then locations, and finally Game page.

DeletedUser

Wait, what's the scale of the map? You know, the distance between all the areas?

DeletedUser

Wait, what's the scale of the map? You know, the distance between all the areas?

Well, the common Road is about 14 feet across.

The size of the map is probably around three or four miles North and south, and east and west would be a around six or seven miles.

DeletedUser

also one last question... do we have sports?

Well, in the outcast thread, I explained how the Outcasts every Sunday gather a raiding party and they all go out for an "Iron Man" blitz, raiding caravans with a man in a suit of armor in command. That's basically a sport... Everything done is essentially to be productive.

DeletedUser

Hey I posted it in OOC on the thread, but is there any way slavers can get to Cold Cape Farm? I was going to have them capture my characters sister so she has a reason to leave.

DeletedUser

Hey I posted it in OOC on the thread, but is there any way slavers can get to Cold Cape Farm? I was going to have them capture my characters sister so she has a reason to leave.

Well, there aren't any rules against that, but if you go in with Stealth or under cover you won't have to put up with a firefight. Lures can go in under cover, and Ambushers can come in in stealth. Anyone else, and prepare for an epic fire fight that will probably result in a large number of dead slavers, lol.

(Hint: You can have Lures or ambushers in your group and 'order' them to go in. Basically write how they do it as if they are your own character.)

DeletedUser

I think to make business aspects easier to understand, we should value gold coins as equivalent to 1 US dollar apiece. Is that universal enough?

DeletedUser

I think to make business aspects easier to understand, we should value gold coins as equivalent to 1 US dollar apiece. Is that universal enough?

Actually... 80 USD is equivalant to 1 piece of gold, or so I think... Anyways, I think we should have it different.

Lets say a rich man has 800 pieces of gold, a middle class man has 400 pieces of gold, a lower class man has about 120 pieces of gold. But, I personally think business should matter that much as it complicates the game a bit (Prawn Hunters for example). I think if we are just reasonable, then it will be sensible enough. If we can write how we can buy something, then it would make sense, but we ought' not to put ourselves in too perfect of a position, as that would simply be unfair to the other players. 10 pieces of gold isn't a lot, and that's all that really counts to know. A rare handgun would cost around 100, and where would you get that cash? If you can write it, then you have it, but it has to be convincing enough and make good sense.