RP Discussion Post Apocalyptic Role Play idea discussion

DeletedUser

Another thing: again, this is America we're talking about. AR-15s may not be as durable as AK-47s, but we have enough of them that odds are one of them survived 5 decades.

DeletedUser

Another thing: again, this is America we're talking about. AR-15s may not be as durable as AK-47s, but we have enough of them that odds are one of them survived 5 decades.

We also have to remember that civilization has been re-established for at least 30 years. That is 30 years of punishment for these guns, most of them wouldn't have survived that much usage, but the fact that AR-15's are able to be gotten, though essentially unobtainable, says alot. Perhaps I will change the rarity a bit though.

They are now in the red, better than the pink.

DeletedUser

You could add a abandon bomb shelter, that would be kinda cool. And it has things like, guns, water, etc.

DeletedUser

You could add a abandon bomb shelter, that would be kinda cool. And it has things like, guns, water, etc.

Are you kidding me? It's been 30 years, if you could think of that then so would everyone else lol. But, I guess I could add one somewhere, just for the heck of it, maybe. But it wouldn't be much use because there is supposedly a military base to the north, and the cities to the south are basically colonies formed by survivors of the radiation and people from shelters.

DeletedUser

Free Mans Land
Wescot City-

Slaver Mainland Base-

Slaver Outpost-

Trade Docks-

Village Hammer-

Village Otto-

Village Elsa-

Mist Terrace

Wells-

Axis-

Truss-

Main-

Outpost 'Cast'-

MT Farm-

Cold Cape
Main-

Ease-

CC Farm-

Outpost 'Bridge'-

Outcasted Village-

Outcasted Farm-

Outpost 'Free'-

Islands of Peril
Slaver Island-

The Hunting Grounds-

Currently expanding the Islands of Peril..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I quickly did a wolf and moose. I think that a giant bear (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/56615563_d4a7f960c6.jpg) would be cool.

TREE WOLF
Cat like, wild dog. Has become a group, stealth hunter. Large leaps and can climb trees.

BLADED MOOSE
Shrunken head and brain -- reduced intelligence for an already stupid animal. Antlers have become very sharp and pointy. It still functions on an attack first, think later basis; perhaps to an even greater degree.

Attachments

• 08-15-~1 (2).jpg
    08-15-~1 (2).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 162

DeletedUser

I quickly did a wolf and moose. I think that a giant bear (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/56615563_d4a7f960c6.jpg) would be cool.

TREE WOLF
Cat like, wild dog. Has become a group, stealth hunter. Large leaps and can climb trees.

BLADED MOOSE
Shrunken head and brain -- reduced intelligence for an already stupid animal. Antlers have become very sharp and pointy. It still functions on an attack first, think later basis; perhaps to an even greater degree.
Looks pretty good. I would add a few, but I can't draw for crap.

I just had a thought: what would happen to all the dogs that survived the apocalypse? As shown by dogs in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina, dogs still retain their primal instincts from prehistory. Within days of the hurricane, dogs were living and hunting in packs. Smaller, weaker ones became food for the big, strong ones. I think this scenario would show something similar. With natural selection choosing the survivors instead of breeders, I think these wild dogs would be bigger, stronger, faster and smarter than modern domestic dogs.

DeletedUser

TREE WOLF

BLADED MOOSE

That's amazing! The Wolf idea is great, initially I was thinking along the lines of a similar thing. A Tree Wolf is a nice creature to have around, it may give players an oppetunity to do some pretty cool stuff in travel time slots and whatnot.

The Bladed Moose, I assume, has antlers that are genetically sharper as to ward off more predatory creatures such as the Tree Wolf and, I suppose some sort of Bearlike entity.

Now, along the lines of a Bear, I don't think a bear that large would be something we need. It's really a bit too much, but I have a better alternative.

During the Ice Age, the Short Nosed Bear was a massive-enough predator, with the ability to maim humans that were unprepared for it nearing them.

Here's a picture of the exact stature I am talking about...
SC-114_web-lg.jpg

Now, we do know that these things are extinct, therefore, we need one of the longer-nosed bears of today to evolve to a similar size while retaining some of their own features.

We may also want to implement other things, such as Cattle (meat animal), Horses (Primary mount animal), Cougars (Solitary stealth Predator), Deer (wild meat animal), and Elk (Wild meat animal that can fight back, similarly to a moose but more nutritious and delicious)

DeletedUser

As I said about sentient threats. There could be a kind of mix the tree dogs and a sentient mind. There could be some great survivor/animal fights if they were smart enough to plan and coordinate. Or instead of the tree dogs being kinda sentient it could be those bears. That would be some intense fights. And they could rally other animals and siege the outposts (smaller ones.) And also some animals that are more mutated (more radiation.) are not safe to eat. also what about giant spiders:
http://content7.flixster.com/questio...611437_std.jpg

also. you know when astronauts come down? how the pods used to go in the ocean how about (if the earth was destroyed by meteors) the meteors hit the ocean and made waves that washed some of the wreckage on shore. (nothing inside it but it's just a random suggestion)

DeletedUser

As I said about sentient threats. There could be a kind of mix the tree dogs and a sentient mind. There could be some great survivor/animal fights if they were smart enough to plan and coordinate. Or instead of the tree dogs being kinda sentient it could be those bears. That would be some intense fights. And they could rally other animals and siege the outposts (smaller ones.) And also some animals that are more mutated (more radiation.) are not safe to eat.

I have to disagree. Animals are sentient enough as is, making them all genious creatures wouldn't be as good. Tree Wolves naturally would be smart enough to ambush the more seperated members of a party if it came down to it, as they will have had experience doing so with other creatures that are formidable enough. The bear on the other hand may be ok for intelligence, that or the cougar, but I don't want this turning up like that SyFy channel movie 'savage planet'

DeletedUser

No not like talking sentient but like communicate in there own way and know enough not to attack randomly.

DeletedUser

I have an idea for meat animals: domesticated deer. They are about the size of cows, fatter, slower and dumber than modern deer. They also have smaller antlers.

DeletedUser

I have an idea for meat animals: domesticated deer. They are about the size of cows, fatter, slower and dumber than modern deer. They also have smaller antlers.

That wouldn't be that good. Faster and more hearing-sensitive deer would actually be a preferable alternative, thus they would be fatter and suitable to the new world that they inhabit.

DeletedUser

That wouldn't be that good. Faster and more hearing-sensitive deer would actually be a preferable alternative, thus they would be fatter and suitable to the new world that they inhabit.
I don't get how faster deer with better hearing are fatter. Anyway, if you don't like that idea, I have another: pigs are easy to raise and provide a lot of meat, they would be a great choice in this world. Maybe we should give them some variation for kicks. Maybe we should give them fur or tusks, something useful for something other than eating.

DeletedUser

I don't get how faster deer with better hearing are fatter. Anyway, if you don't like that idea, I have another: pigs are easy to raise and provide a lot of meat, they would be a great choice in this world. Maybe we should give them some variation for kicks.

Wild boar and ex-domesticated pigs crossbreeding would be a good idea. The result would be a dangerous beast, they would be a good huntable and raisable meat source.

Adding in some excelence ;) They are going to be big... Big!
swedish02.jpg
- lets say this is the average size.

DeletedUser

Nice!

Oh oh oh! Idea! Give 'em porcupine quills! :)

DeletedUser

That would make it an unrealistic and otherwise useless animal... :sad: