RP Discussion Post Apocalyptic Role Play idea discussion

DeletedUser

Ok, I started this thread to discuss what exactly I should put into this new Role Play.

First off, I was initially thinking about a land that is 56 or more years after some sort of disaster, at present I am unsure about what it would be suitable as.

I have taken the time to make a map for the area of play as well.

Here is the map of the area I have in mind, two cities/provinces seperated by the boarder line and a wall on one side. I don't know if there should be a friendly rivalry between the two cities or what, but suggestions will be taken to heart.

twocitiesmp.png

Apart from that, I will take any ideas or suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the outcast village and farm should be populated by some kind of outcasts (possibly mutants). Maybe there was some sort of biological disaster and the outcasts carry some infectious form of it.

DeletedUser

Put in a dilapidated aircraft carrier
There's plenty of areas as is, why add something else? A dilapidated road is good enough, I want this to have some similarities to the Blue Ark roleplay, and a supply convoy traveling via the lone road is good enough. To add a Carrier so early would jeopardize the way I am thinking of planning this out. If anything, I may create an Island off the coast a ways.

DeletedUser

I think the outcast village and farm should be populated by some kind of outcasts (possibly mutants). Maybe there was some sort of biological disaster and the outcasts carry some infectious form of it.

Yeah, but before I go that far, I just want to know that the newer members to this place will like it. The new people that are pretty much proven to be good, Quain, Cornnachoz and Alawa, are people I want to make suggestions here as well, if, that is, they are interested in this game.

I am also unsure of the weapons, considering the fact that this is supposed to be 54 years after the apocalypse.

DeletedUser13682

:p

Ok then. The road it is. Maybe. I suggest in seriousity this time, that the wall has seperated the cities, and there isn't anything knownabout them. The RP could start out with the cities meeting somehow, and how they react to each other.

DeletedUser

I am also unsure of the weapons, considering the fact that this is supposed to be 54 years after the apocalypse.
I think the weapons should be based on what was available at the time of the apocalypse. People would probably be more interested in survival than creating new weapons.

DeletedUser

Could be like fallout 3 with lazer and plasma weapons aswell as your standered bullet shooting weapons. Or it could just be Regular bullets and guns scavenaged thoughout the wasteland.

DeletedUser

I'm thinking this will be one of those where the disaster takes place either in 2012 or afterwards... Maybe nuclear because I am thinking of having mutated animals as one of the major predators (Wolves, bears, deer, the like.)

But I'm not thinking of having another Falloutish one, it's just not original enough if it's incredibly falloutish. There are green grasses, too, of a newer species of some sort, trees, brush, ect.

DeletedUser

Hmmm if not falloutish then you should just have regular guns. But their is a catch. Those guns could be in Good, Ok, or bad condition

DeletedUser

Hmmm if not falloutish then you should just have regular guns. But their is a catch. Those guns could be in Good, Ok, or bad condition

I pretty much have the way that goes down, hehe.

I'm thinking of asking Regal to let me create a Weapons Library that he can sticky or something. You know, putting in some information about a bunch of guns and editing it every so often, the thing would be I wouldn't want anyone else to post in it while I was working on it or anything.

DeletedUser

I'm thinking of asking Regal to let me create a Weapons Library that he can sticky or something. You know, putting in some information about a bunch of guns and editing it every so often, the thing would be I wouldn't want anyone else to post in it while I was working on it or anything.

You should do that. I have some ideas for it, in fact, maybe we should start a new thread to discuss it.

DeletedUser

Hunting rifle is a post apocoliptic favorite.

Um... Winchester 700, Ruger 74, Mosin Nagant, Marlin 30-30, Browning A-bolt, what hunting rifle you talkin bou'?

You should do that. I have some ideas for it, in fact, maybe we should start a new thread to discuss it.

I think now I'll get on that, lol

DeletedUser

You should also have senteniet threat but not zombies that kinda thing is over used in postapocalyptic type things. But maybe mutants like you said or something of that nature. Something strong enough to threaten us survivers but art enough to plan and not do it blindly. What do you guys think?

DeletedUser25825

I am a big fan of post apocolypse settings. So saying, I unfortunately have a pre-concieved notion of what makes up good post-apocolypse to me.

Sam's Pre-Concieved Post-Apocolyptic Concoction

#1) The catastrophe, may or may not be in living memory. I'm a bigger fan of nobody has a clue of why the world is how it is. It just is.

#2) Weaponry is rudimentry. There are pistols and rifles, but they're extremely rare. The ones that do exist are most probably in poor condition, because the knowledge of gunsmithing is lost, or equally extremely rare. Finding or making things to fire out of the pistols and rifles are far and few between. A person who possesses six bullets, would be considered rich by my standards. I'm a big fan of Einstein's theory on warfare. He had no idea what WWIII was to be fought with, but had no doubt WWIV would be sticks and stones. When I think of post-apocolypse I think melee is the most often found weapon, followed by ranged (and I mean throwing weapons and bows n arrows). Anybody can pick up a stick, and there are most likely plenty. Or fashion a club out of some metal rod you find. So forth and so on.

#3) Antagonists and mutated animals. Depending on the catastrophe, it's possible of course. When I run apocolypse games, I've always used humans as the most dangerous foes. I don't care what period of time you look at. Humans always have wanted something another human had, and if they could devise ways to get it, legally or by hitting them over the head, they do.

#4) Vehicles. See #2. Mind you, my vision of post apocolypse is really driven on the loss of knowledge, because it's the only way I could fathom apocolypse really occurring. A catastrophe, that basically send humans back into the stone age technology wise, but with just enough reminders out there, that there was something else at some time. I think it makes for a great game, because you can have a character find something, and spend years trying to figure out what it is, or maybe even find a new use for it. (Anybody ever see The Gods Must be Crazy? It's about a glass bottle that falls into a tribe of simple bushmen in Africa. Great movie, and an excellent example of what I mean)

#5) Violence. Apocolypse would be a violent world. Strong cull the weak. Medicine? Unheard of, or remedial plants and herbs stuff. Again... the knowledge is gone... or very hard to come by.

Just a few thoughts about apocolypse in general.

DeletedUser

Well Alawa, you have some good ideas, but if you ask me, the biggest exception is Einstein's theory of warfare. According to KILLTHEHIPPIE's theory of firearms, guns make everything more fun, and post-apocalyptic scenarios are no exception. In fact, I have yet to think of any exception.