RP Discussion Post Apocalyptic Role Play idea discussion

DeletedUser13682

Though I also believe in firearms making everything more fun, i do agree with Alawa on firearms. A few would make sense, but if its years after, unless a proportion of people were gunsmiths, and able to suffiviently pass on their skills, along with the ability to improvise weapon parts, there will be little usable weapons.

DeletedUser

I guess johann's right. In a world where guns are few in number and hard to produce, they would be equivalent to nukes.

DeletedUser25825

Ya. If you'd not guessed, I'm not into the gun aspects all that much. They have their place and reasons of course, and RP is no exception. It just seems to me, in The Blue Ark Project for example, that it's all these people with walking aresenals. I know it's fun for some to be able to exact carnage on every living thing in a three mile radius, but if that's the norm? Why are we in an apocolypse? Another facet of apocolypse, is untameable environs, and that threat of danger. There's no such thing as untameable when everybody carries mini-guns, RPGs, and enough ammo to sit comfortably for ten years. Again, not knocking anybody elses play style, or conception of what they want to see out of an RP. I'm just putting forth my opinion, as I was asked.

DeletedUser

As long as I can start off with a pump-action shotgun, a bottle of whiskey, and a hand full of dollars, I think I'll be good.

DeletedUser

In Project Blue Ark, the apocalypse is explained. It's expected that after five-hundred years (we're still in year 100 P.A. or so) the inhabitants of earth (human and mutant) will have to fight the old, elitist humans that will, at that time, awake from their underground slumber.

Technology was not completely destroyed by the apocalyptic event in Project Blue Ark. Thanks to the heroism of one man, "Order 81" didn't go exactly according to plan. Not all of earth was destroyed, as planned by the old, elitist humans.

Thus, civilization, to varying degrees, returned. Some have primitive, tribal civilization; many have mideval civilization; and a limited few (like in France) have advanced modern civilization.

Of course, the word advanced has a new definition in the P.A. world. Steam power and metalurgy is advanced. Places like France do manufacture weaponry and ammunition. These "goods" are shipped all over the world, making some wealthy. Because these goods must be shipped (land travel is immposible in some areas of this destroyed world), pirates are also good sources of weaponry and ammunition.

A quick explanation about Savanah:
Savanah has a progresive mideval government. It is ruled by a King who has several Lords underneath him; Lord of Mammon, Lord of the City, and Lord of War. The Lord of Mammon controls the economy of Savanah; he is a rich banker of sorts. The Lord of War controls the offensive army. The Lord of the City controls the construction of embattlements and the defensive army. The power is ballance and the people are given some freedom; similar to mideval England.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25825

Thank you Justin for the explanation of some of the existing cultures. I may have failed to read it in the first post, but it explains things more definitively. When I made my posts here, again, they were not knocking Project Blue Ark one iota. I have been enjoying partaking in that RP thus far, and plan on continuing for as long as you'll have me.

DeletedUser

Ya. If you'd not guessed, I'm not into the gun aspects all that much. They have their place and reasons of course, and RP is no exception. It just seems to me, in The Blue Ark Project for example, that it's all these people with walking aresenals. I know it's fun for some to be able to exact carnage on every living thing in a three mile radius, but if that's the norm? Why are we in an apocolypse? Another facet of apocolypse, is untameable environs, and that threat of danger. There's no such thing as untameable when everybody carries mini-guns, RPGs, and enough ammo to sit comfortably for ten years. Again, not knocking anybody elses play style, or conception of what they want to see out of an RP. I'm just putting forth my opinion, as I was asked.

Ehh, the only reason I have an aresenal is because everyone else does :dry:

I'd be happier if we started limiting ourselves with firearms though, I mean, take the FNAR for an example, it's semi-auto, accurate, but you couldn't beat someone to death with it. A gun like it would be something that is so rare, say, three people in a 100 mile radius would have one.

Now by contrast, an AK-47 would be more openly avalible, same with an AR-15. I don't like people having fully automatic guns in role plays because it's simple, too hard to upkeep unless they are an M4 or AK. (experience on this one, guys)

In my weapons database I am making, I plan to eventually after posting the pictures write out to the side their durability. Incredibly durable guns will be able to be featured in many RP's, post-apo or not. And if someone has a really nice gun, they had better have a good explanation or they will be shunned :laugh:

DeletedUser25825

Heh. Shunned. I love that word... except when it's applied to me :p

I really look forward to seeing how this RP develops, but I don't think there's much more that I'll be able to add to the posts here.

DeletedUser

I have just updated the map everyone.

Take a look, see if it is preferable to the original.

Added:

Outposts, pathways in cities, Islands of Peril sector including Hunting Grounds for Outcasts and a new enemy faction, Slavers.

DeletedUser

I like the slavers idea. As for the outposts, 'Cast' seems a bit close to the city for any logical purpose, and Outpost 'Free' looks like it would be a major inconvenience for the Outcasts, since it blocks the only routes between their farm and village. If they're called "outcasts", I doubt they would be welcome inside.

DeletedUser

You need to put a abandoned pre-war town that is destroyed but a few houses still stand.

DeletedUser

I like the slavers idea. As for the outposts, 'Cast' seems a bit close to the city for any logical purpose, and Outpost 'Free' looks like it would be a major inconvenience for the Outcasts, since it blocks the only routes between their farm and village. If they're called "outcasts", I doubt they would be welcome inside.

If you read the lettering underneath 'Outpost 'free'' you will see that there are letters saying OCOF

That means Outcast Outpost Free. It's an Outcast's outpost :)

As for Cast, it's basically a Gate-keeper's outpost.

It's different for CTOB, however, that's a Cape Town outpost.

Outcasts, essentially, will be people outcast from Cape Town for whatever reason. Cape Town will be a more peaceful to-its-citizens type, and it will instead of Jailing or killing their bad citizens, send them south across the bridge in exile, but still allow them to send their children to capetown.

DeletedUser

Love the ideas so far. Don't have time to exam map closely right now but will later.

DeletedUser

It will probably take place in North America, somewhere near or along the canadian boarder next to the Great Lakes area. May even make it so that they have flooded a vast area, like Peril did, but these two citites and the islands are the higher parts which weren't flooded.

DeletedUser

I usually join all RPs in a heart beat ( Sometimes I dont really get the story lines or just waiting for the RP to get interesting ) But im Uber excited about this one.

DeletedUser

I also am ready to jump on board this quickly. And love the slaver idea.